Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think it is time for SRL to expand to other games/uses

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Default I think it is time for SRL to expand to other games/uses

I think it is time that SRL expands to other games or other uses. SRL would have to be one of the best programming communities I have came across and I feel like it is slowly losing activity and I don't want that to happen :/
    It would be great if we did, there are heaps of games that people want to bot and we have a community that is full of intelligent individuals who can provide them that.

/discuss

-Syntax

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

I think it would be nice, but what games or uses? I remember there was some interest in Dofus a while back, but I'm not sure how popular / profitable that game is anymore.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Same with eldevin, but its going to be released on steam soon

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)

Wurm Online! .

srsly though, I do agree that working on another game would bring a lot of activity but there doesn't seem to be a game that many people here like aside from Eldevin.

E: @Zyt3x; just looked at it and making a combat script for Dofus would be very interesting.
    Last edited by Foundry; 05-20-2014 at 05:41 PM.
    Currently lurking while messing around with dll injection. Will continue contributing after I finish my quest.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

Dofus looks pretty interesting. The client isn't obfuscated which is very nice But the combat is meh. I don't like turn based.
    Last edited by Wetish; 05-20-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

I would imagine a lot of the games I have been playing recent are not really suitable for botting.

Would be cool to see a script that automatically levels classes in Hearthstone, assuming that the AI bots actually provide xp when defeated. Its something I thought about but haven't cared enough to do because, well I actually enjoy playing the game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyt3x View Post
    I think it would be nice, but what games or uses? I remember there was some interest in Dofus a while back, but I'm not sure how popular / profitable that game is anymore.
    I was looking at diablo 3 the other day, but that looks like it would be hard to bot with a color bot :P

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Leauge of Legends? Maybe a utility that can be developed to get last hits on minions ... LOL, sounds kind of sick, ya?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Runescape is the only mmorpg i play, no reason to bot on a game like Deus ex or Css .

Good idea though, we could make an experimental thread to see what we can accomplish with simba on other popular mmorpg's?, maybe create a sandbox program like smart - but aimed for games that aren't exactly written in java?.

Cant think of any game to bot on and frankly i've wasted so many years on Runescape i just dont wanna go get sucked in into another game.
    Quit gaming

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samerdl View Post
    Runescape is the only mmorpg i play, no reason to bot on a game like Deus ex or Css .

Good idea though, we could make an experimental thread to see what we can accomplish with simba on other popular mmorpg's?, maybe create a sandbox program like smart - but aimed for games that aren't exactly written in java?.

Cant think of any game to bot on and frankly i've wasted so many years on Runescape i just dont wanna go get sucked in into another game.
    I might consider botting for ranks in CoD or something but I hear they actually have very good detection for automation. But this is basically my situation as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

would xbox 360/one ps3/ps4 aimbot's etc be possible?
    >:)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    Leauge of Legends? Maybe a utility that can be developed to get last hits on minions ... LOL, sounds kind of sick, ya?
    I play league and it wouldn't bother me eithier way. I probably wouldn't bot it because I enjoy playing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by samerdl View Post

I kinda of agree with you here. And I'm pretty sure @Olly; said something about Simba and Exes the other day...
    Quote Originally Posted by chief herb View Post
    would xbox 360/one ps3/ps4 aimbot's etc be possible?
    I wouldn't be impressed to see aimbots. Something like a fifa merchant or something along them lines. Personally don't think its fair to bot to actually gain an unfair advantage but should just be for tedious tasks that no one really enjoys (if you know what I mean)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Like others have said, I don't really play any other games where grinding levels is such a big thing.

Any other games I play tend to have no reason to automate, COD Blackops for example (which is already filled with cheaters so there isn't much point anyway)

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Like others have said, I don't really play any other games where grinding levels is such a big thing.

Any other games I play tend to have no reason to automate, COD Blackops for example (which is already filled with cheaters so there isn't much point anyway)
    COD Blackops

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    COD Blackops
    I used to really like it but now it's not uncommon for there to be games with invisible & invincible people in them. Before that there were infinite mortar/napalm games, but that's died down now that people have found hacks that are more beneficial to them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

SRL always had its ups and downs and how much activity it gets, is based on the state of Runescape. And honestly, I think Runescape will rise back to its feet once again.

Games like LoL and Dota are certainly more popular, but they become too repetitive. A lot of my friends including myself, who have been playing since season 1 have now quit.

Once FTP is allowed for OSRS, I expect Runescape to rise again. Gonna be a while, just have to ride out the storm. Runescapes true reign was ended abruptly by its creators. Shame it took them this long to realize their mess.
    Last edited by kingarabian; 05-23-2014 at 12:20 AM.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingarabian View Post
    SRL always had its ups and downs and how much activity it gets, is based on the state of Runescape. And honestly, I think Runescape will rise back to its feet once again.

Games like LoL and Dota are certainly more popular, but they become too repetitive. A lot of my friends including myself, who have been playing since season 1 have now quit.

Once FTP is allowed for OSRS, I expect Runescape to rise again. Gonna be a while, just have to ride out the storm. Runescapes true reign was ended abruptly by its creators. Shame it took them this long to realize their mess.
    I dunno man, this is a couple days after ftp is released on oldschool:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
    I dunno man, this is a couple days after ftp is released on oldschool:
    It's going to take some time. But the feeling is there.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

OSRS is going to pick up, Runescape announced that it has gotten 20k new players on the first day of the release of F2P.

Also, it is 1 am at the moment and "There are currently 12100 people playing!" That is a increase of players playing at this time.

I have a good feeling about this.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

It's going to take some time. But the feeling is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    OSRS is going to pick up, Runescape announced that it has gotten 20k new players on the first day of the release of F2P.

Also, it is 1 am at the moment and "There are currently 12100 people playing!" That is a increase of players playing at this time.

I have a good feeling about this.
    Nice to see some others staying optimistic about OSRS.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

You guys are all dreaming. RS died years ago. Jagex killed it when they removed the wilderness and free trade. They saw the player numbers dropping so they brought back free trade but went and added in SOF and all that other rwt crap. That was really the nail in the coffin. All the players left like everyone knew they would. They brought back OSR in hopes of drawing all the players back but it was too late. Everyone was sick of their sh*t. Now they realise OSR is a big flop and make it f2p to draw in the players. It's too late, the game is dead. At least they drew in 20k new bots on the first day haha. RIP RS.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    It's too late, the game is dead...RIP RS.
    ^This. The one major thing Jagex has still failed to realize, is that you CANNOT change the core gameplay...EVER!. Add content updates, graphical updates, I'm even ok with the SoF and TH bullshit, but you absolutely, positively CAN'T change the core gameplay. Updates like the free trade/wilderness removal, EoC and other such crap has completely changed the game. The gameplay is almost unrecognizable from where the Gower's made it.

They are kind of seeing their mistakes, but they just continue to make them. Then they release bandaids in the hopes of bringing back the players they ran off. This is evident in the release of OSRS. The old schoolers hated EoC and left. Jagex realized it and brought back OSRS as a completely separate game. A bandaid on a core gameplay change. They've since realized that even the vets who still play EoC would rather have the old game back, but have become accustomed to EoC and OSRS is really an outdated game compared to it. They knew EoC was nothing but button mashing, so they brought out Revolution...another bandaid on core gameplay that failed to undo the damage. So, they've now launched a campaign to bring back Legacy combat. All the perks of RS3, the (in my opinion) better overall game, and reverting to the old core gameplay. I for one am looking forward to Legacy, but I don't know how much effect it will have on the game as a whole.

tl;dr - They just haven't seemed to realize what kind of effect core changes have on a games players. They make major changes, and then try to piece it back together when it all goes to hell.

EDIT: Just realized how off-topic this post really was from the OP. I read The Mayors post and it sent me into a tangent. Apologies.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

I don't know how you folks see OSRS as dead already. I've been preaching patience and it's finally paying off.

Look at the big picture, the only reason you play a game is to have fun, and because the game fun. OSRS is still a fun and simple game. If you don't see it as fun, then you have out grown it or what not, and there is absolutely nothing Jagex can do for you. A lot of people play Runescape to kill time and hangout, while not needing to download 5GB worth of game files, in order to play. You can play Runescape anywhere, hence why it still attracts a lot of players and attention despite it being a stoneage game. Minecraft is a prime example.

The Gowers fucked Runescape up before they sold it. I'm not going to disagree here. They destroyed a game that did not yet reach its full potential. People wanted to play the game, but were forced to quit because of the stupid decisions the creators made. Their egos stopped them from fixing up their mistakes. I agree with you guys completely here. But it does not mean Runescape is dead or gone. People still WANT to play the game. The reason why EOC was a failure is because RS3 has become a failure. No one really cares about graphics. No one cares about cool looking objects and what not. They want a fun game play. I agree with you guys here.

Now with OSRS, Jagex gave us a dedicated development team that only creates or negates content based of user feedback. Which is fantastic. Players are happy, and Jagex's image is improving. I believe after the auction house is introduced, a lot more EOC players will quit and join OSRS. Add in a growing FTP base and it doesn't look so bad.

I don't fault you guys for thinking doom and gloom here lol. Jagex really messed things up. But you never know.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

I don't fault you guys for thinking doom and gloom here lol. Jagex really messed things up. But you never know.
    It's not really doom and gloom, just simple facts. The player base if WAY down from where it was before the investors took over, and so are the profits. Profit per year is down to $6 Million from $10 Million. The player base used to be between 250K and 300K at any given time, now it's roughly 60K. At this moment it's at 55K, and that is a 6:30PM eastern time on a Saturday. Something is wrong there. Removal of bots in '11 made a big dent in the base, but not 80% big. The game Runescape, as a whole, RSC, OSRS, and RS3 is dead. The players that they are bringing in now are not the players who waste an entire weekend playing the game. They are the players who play for 40 mins, realize the grind and quit.

I still really enjoy playing RS3, and I know there are some hardcore OSRS players as well, but you can just look at the world populations and see the problem. It's really common to see 10-20 worlds with <100 players. That's a joke compared to where RS used to be.

I'm not really knocking the games themselves, I still enjoy them, but it's not hard to see how badly the game is performing today.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information