Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: [RS3] [SRL-6] iFlyFisher [Barbarian fly fishing at its finest!]

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Just realized I didn't post an update from when I used this. I used it over christmas to get 99 Fishing. Achieved 99 around the 20th I believe. Great script, would recommend. Any bugs I encountered were easily fixed (and I have almost 0 coding no how)
    Awesome, glad to see it's still getting use

I'm swamped with class stuff atm, midterms land in about a week but after those are over I should have enough time to check out that error that people have been experiencing
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Keep getting this error:

Attempting to create fishing spot ATPA with allowed length of: 010

[WARNING] : Failed to create fishing spot ATPA, length (0) is too large.

[ERROR] : *** FATAL ERROR: No XP found

[DEBUG] : Updated progress report in: 0 ms.

I've already tried restarting SMART and simba multiple times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

BUMP anyone?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghost619 View Post
    BUMP anyone?
    No need to bump my thread, I'll reply as soon as I have the time.

Please follow the steps in this thread very closely, then try running the script again: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47714
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    No need to bump my thread, I'll reply as soon as I have the time.

Please follow the steps in this thread very closely, then try running the script again:
    I've followed those steps exactly many times and your script keeps giving me the same error. I've tried multiple times and everything else works fine if i manually click the fishing spot. I keep getting this error message :

[DEBUG] : Attempting to create fishing spot ATPA with allowed length of: 0

[DEBUG] : Grabbed XP in: 0 ms.
    [DEBUG] : Updated progress report in: 15 ms.
    [DEBUG] : Grabbed feather amount (6579) in: 78 ms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

so can anyone help me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

hey, so i got the script working but whenever im browsing the web, it doesnt run in the background. any help?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

hey, so i got the script working but whenever im browsing the web, it doesnt run in the background. any help?
    Please stop bumping my thread: I will respond to your questions when I have the time.

And please don't triple post: use the edit button instead. You're doing a very good job at encouraging me to not help you.

As for your problem... there's no reason that browsing the web (or doing anything, really) would prevent the script from running in the background. You're using SMART, aren't you?
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 03-10-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

yeah im using SMART

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

yeah im using SMART
    Then there's no reason the script won't run in the background.

Are you talking about the issue where the SMART window assumes foreground focus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Every few minutes, whenever my inventories full, the script won't do anything until I manually click the client and move around. I just restarted the whole script and its giving me the ATPA length error from before. I'm so confused

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I'm so confused
    Well, you are trying to use a script that I have marked as possibly broken...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Script works great. you just need to use ACA to get new colors for the fishing spots

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Hey script is working fine for me - was spraying out some errors like 'APTA' something - but it's been fine for me on a whole. Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Whenever I try to make the xp tracker go on the top right of the chat box it instead makes it become a tab automatically. Any help? Normally I wouldnt care cause I Can xp track manually but its makeing the bot stop after 20 minutes.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by selthis View Post
    Whenever I try to make the xp tracker go on the top right of the chat box it instead makes it become a tab automatically. Any help? Normally I wouldnt care cause I Can xp track manually but its makeing the bot stop after 20 minutes.
    Game update a couple months ago changed how you can display total exp on screen and thus the way xp grabbing via srl6 is done is largely broken currently.

e: if @KeepBotting; or somebody else wishes to, they could probably do a fix by overriding srl6 with their own xp grabbing function, e.g https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...53#post1377053
    should be an ezpz fix
    Last edited by acow; 10-30-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Fast response, thank you. I'd do it but its gonna take me a week or two to learn how to code these things well. This is the first time ive ever been exposed to this scripts things. I find them very interesting.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Game update a couple months ago changed how you can display total exp on screen and thus the way xp grabbing via srl6 is done is largely broken currently.

e: if @KeepBotting; or somebody else wishes to, they could probably do a fix by overriding srl6 with their own xp grabbing function, e.g https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...53#post1377053
    should be an ezpz fix
    can you attest to that function's reliability? if so then I will incorporate it as a fix

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    can you attest to that function's reliability? if so then I will incorporate it as a fix
    In my usage it was ~99.9% reliable but not 100% (1 every couple of thousand it could mess up and not get the numbers), which is a big mess up now that I think about it, for a public script since my crappy code will result in an access violation if it messed up. For my personal scripts at the time it wasn't such a big deal of having an access violation every ~20-100 hours of run time though I ended up finding it easier to just stop caring about exact xp (as really all I was caring about was a change in xp, not tracking exp/hr directly) and that's what I've been using recently across the board.

In summary, somebody should write up a proper fix (perhaps maybe @Olly; who it looks like was last to update it, if he's interested at all. or maybe you ) since the runemetrics update & get the srl6 instructions updated. My specific code isn't nearly as reliable as the srl6 version was when it was able to function (no failsafes & it's just a static tbox) but would be better than nothing else if nobody wishes to write up something proper to push to srl6, perhaps all it needs is a few adjustments to make it solid. idk

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    In my usage it was ~99.9% reliable but not 100% (1 every couple of thousand it could mess up and not get the numbers), which is a big mess up now that I think about it, for a public script since my crappy code will result in an access violation if it messed up. For my personal scripts at the time it wasn't such a big deal of having an access violation every ~20-100 hours of run time though I ended up finding it easier to just stop caring about exact xp (as really all I was caring about was a change in xp, not tracking exp/hr directly) and that's what I've been using recently across the board.

In summary, somebody should write up a proper fix (perhaps maybe @Olly; who it looks like was last to update it, if he's interested at all. or maybe you ) since the runemetrics update & get the srl6 instructions updated. My specific code isn't nearly as reliable as the srl6 version was when it was able to function (no failsafes & it's just a static tbox) but would be better than nothing else if nobody wishes to write up something proper to push to srl6, perhaps all it needs is a few adjustments to make it solid. idk
    the access violation is easy to fix, just a simple conditional will sort it right out

iirc the old getXP function wasn't 101% reliable either and would mess up once every couple of thousand readings, which wasn't a big deal given how it was generally used

it's been so long I barely remember how this script works, but I know my Karamja fishing script relies on inventory count (not XP gain) and functions fine. maybe we just write the XP bar code out of the script altogether.

also it seems my dropbox account has been closed (files are still accessible, as clicking the download link in the OP proves) so I will probably be migrating the downloads to my own ftp server or just attaching them to the forum as is tradition around here

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information