Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New bot detection?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    They know how lol, removing free trade and such was a poor business move. Nothing to do with coding.
    Business move to combat RWT, right? But it was obvious that RWT'ers were botting to obtain GP that was sold in real life... So... why lose 60k confirmed members while the game was in its absolute prime when they could just ban those botters? I understand it's Jagex. But can they really be that stupid? Nuke their game while they could "easily" solve the problem?
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingarabian View Post
    Business move to combat RWT, right? But it was obvious that RWT'ers were botting to obtain GP that was sold in real life... So... why lose 60k confirmed members while the game was in its absolute prime when they could just ban those botters? I understand it's Jagex. But can they really be that stupid? Nuke their game while they could "easily" solve the problem?
    What about all the GP been sold from luring, gambling and staking?
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    What about all the GP been sold from luring, gambling and staking?
    GP being sold from luring and staking was not much of a problem back then.

Gambling didn't exist or was extremely minor. RSDemon, iBot, Aryan, and SCAR were the main problems. 2006-2007.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Okay.

Those are from Powerbot.. They CAN do the same to SRL.
    The one picture I left in your quote was the one I received when I was banned with my own personal script(near perfect). Which just proves your point further - they detect the client if anything, they did not mistake Simba for RSBot and can differentiate between the two.

E: Message one of my banned accounts recieved - different account to the one mentioned above.
    Last edited by John; 12-29-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The one picture I left in your quote was the one I received when I was banned with my own personal script(near perfect). Which just proves your point further - they detect the client if anything, they did not mistake Simba for RSBot and can differentiate between the two.

E: Message one of my banned accounts recieved - different account to the one mentioned above.
    They put out those generic messages all the time, I don't think it means your ban was simba/smart specific.

I saw those same messages plus some goldfarmer ones almost a year ago due to...

• A crappy script that kept click the wrong spot every single time (short ban)
    • Zipping through the tutorial like a madman. Banned for gold farming but I did it legit lol.
    • Making a new character and getting 0-70 mining (powermining, never sold anything, goldfarming ban)
    • Starting to craft and sell vials and clay on a low level character

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

What did the script do? Cus if they detect all clients why don't they ban all the bots ( that are using a client )?
    They probably detect clients I'm not saying that they don't. Are they just trying to keep it a secret that they're detecting clients so bot makers won't try to make their client undetectable?
    Or do they want bots? To make the community look larger and keep the economy "stable"? And are they just trying to let it look to real players that they're banning bots ( with streams and stuff )
    Or is the botwatch team just lazy and make it look like they're working but they're actually just sleeping? After all they're just people working for their bosses.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Before I begin let me state that this is all within OSRS only.

It certainly isn't from the client alone. I've had a few accounts banned while botting in the browser, just recently actually. One (my treasured main account) was banned while crafting nature runes in the Abyss. Later an account I had auto-fighting in the Security Stronghold and got trapped in a gate, continuing to try to attack an NPC. I noticed it within minutes and fixed it in the script but it was already too late; permanent ban. Later I made a pure fishing account and like the previous account, no trading was done. I sped up to upper 70's within days (via fly-fishing and simulated mousekey dropping) and was permanently banned as well.

I had never seen a PMod in-game with the two latter accounts. The bans weren't manual and no one had used SMART. Now the two accounts I have now (that are also built through private scripts) are still safe and have never been caught. They've also never had any glitches like the account stuck between gates or are not gaining an exceptionally fast amount of XP as my fishing account. Using what I've witnessed personally I can determine:
    • The bans aren't directly caused by 3rd party client such as SMART
    • Simba itself also didn't seem to directly trigger any bans
    • High profit-generating areas/methods seem to be under the microscope
    • Too fast of a gain in XP or items might also be a red flag
    • Script flaws, even small ones for a short time, could quickly flag your account
    • No evidence of chain bans based on IP addresses

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Before I begin let me state that this is all within OSRS only.

It certainly isn't from the client alone. I've had a few accounts banned while botting in the browser, just recently actually. One (my treasured main account) was banned while crafting nature runes in the Abyss. Later an account I had auto-fighting in the Security Stronghold and got trapped in a gate, continuing to try to attack an NPC. I noticed it within minutes and fixed it in the script but it was already too late; permanent ban. Later I made a pure fishing account and like the previous account, no trading was done. I sped up to upper 70's within days (via fly-fishing and simulated mousekey dropping) and was permanently banned as well.

I had never seen a PMod in-game with the two latter accounts. The bans weren't manual and no one had used SMART. Now the two accounts I have now (that are also built through private scripts) are still safe and have never been caught. They've also never had any glitches like the account stuck between gates or are not gaining an exceptionally fast amount of XP as my fishing account. Using what I've witnessed personally I can determine:
    • The bans aren't directly caused by 3rd party client such as SMART
    • Simba itself also didn't seem to directly trigger any bans
    • High profit-generating areas/methods seem to be under the microscope
    • Too fast of a gain in XP or items might also be a red flag
    • Script flaws, even small ones for a short time, could quickly flag your account
    • No evidence of chain bans based on IP addresses
    Might I just note one was crafting astral runes and the other was crafting nature runes.

Seeing all of this information triggered an idea. Would someone here curious enough be up to making themselves look like a not, but do it all manual. Like you said one got stuck in a door, someone could manually sit in the stronghold using their browser constantly attempting to attack a monster. It would be interesting if someone could get a ban like that playing legit. I'f we could then we would know that there detection methods are flawed.

OT: Typed up on my phone, sorry if it doesn't make much sense.

E: Derp - this happened in RS3
    Last edited by John; 12-30-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

Might I just note one was crafting astral runes and the other was crafting nature runes.

Seeing all of this information triggered an idea. Would someone here curious enough be up to making themselves look like a not, but do it all manual. Like you said one got stuck in a door, someone could manually sit in the stronghold using their browser constantly attempting to attack a monster. It would be interesting if someone could get a ban like that playing legit. I'f we could then we would know that there detection methods are flawed.

I bet they're watching The runecrafting spots closely, I just finished my nat running script and I must say without my new copyrighted super awesome anti-ban method I would get banned every 6 hours, it happened with 2 of my accounts xD
    Oh this is OSRS, my script is RS3.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    They put out those generic messages all the time, I don't think it means your ban was simba/smart specific.

I saw those same messages plus some goldfarmer ones almost a year ago due to...

• A crappy script that kept click the wrong spot every single time (short ban)
    • Zipping through the tutorial like a madman. Banned for gold farming but I did it legit lol.
    • Making a new character and getting 0-70 mining (powermining, never sold anything, goldfarming ban)
    • Starting to craft and sell vials and clay on a low level character
    Banned for playing legit haha, jagex have no clue!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Win View Post
    Banned for playing legit haha, jagex have no clue!
    They do a clue, and they don't ban legit players :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

If these are 07 bans based on them detecting you using a modified client, just pretend you are Orion (which is allowed) or modify Orion and bot in that.
    Last edited by Lazertag; 01-17-2015 at 06:56 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazertag View Post
    If these are 07 bans based on them detecting you using a modified client, just pretend you are Orion (which is allowed) or modify Orion and bot in that.
    I know many people who've been banned for botting while using Orion.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

This is a great idea, I'd love to see someone attempt it and to know the outcome. + To video/document it and later show to jagex <- no that'd actually be stupid, better to just keep the info to ourselves rather than let them know we know

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Honestly, there's no way to 'keep the info to ourselves' as there are probably jagex 'spies' here regardless of what the Terms of Agreement say. And I fully believe that the guy acting like a bot would not get banned if he wasn't botting. Imitating human behavior is probably the hardest thing to do correctly as it is not very difficult at all to tell a human from a bot if you know what to look for (especially in repetitive shit like skilling, runecrafting definitely counts here). Unless you're using a script that is ludicrously good (like Clarity's stuff, but I think that might not even be good enough) there are certain 'patterns' that would always arise from bots RCing that you would not see from humans (an easy example is the distribution of where you clicked being uniform vs gaussian, or even somethign as simple as no trace of fatigue after running 24 hours straight).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    Honestly, there's no way to 'keep the info to ourselves' as there are probably jagex 'spies' here regardless of what the Terms of Agreement say. And I fully believe that the guy acting like a bot would not get banned if he wasn't botting. Imitating human behavior is probably the hardest thing to do correctly as it is not very difficult at all to tell a human from a bot if you know what to look for (especially in repetitive shit like skilling, runecrafting definitely counts here). Unless you're using a script that is ludicrously good (like Clarity's stuff, but I think that might not even be good enough) there are certain 'patterns' that would always arise from bots RCing that you would not see from humans (an easy example is the distribution of where you clicked being uniform vs gaussian, or even somethign as simple as no trace of fatigue after running 24 hours straight).
    do you think there is any reasonable way to midigate these abilities to be detectable?

It seems like a lot of resources would need to be used to catch a botter if using click distribution patterns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wowgnomes View Post
    do you think there is any reasonable way to midigate these abilities to be detectable?

It seems like a lot of resources would need to be used to catch a botter if using click distribution patterns
    One way to become less detectable is to bot smart. Go ask your friends who don't pay anymore for their old accounts, IMO account age plays a very big part in this new detection system, as well as other things.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelz View Post
    One way to become less detectable is to bot smart. Go ask your friends who don't pay anymore for their old accounts, IMO account age plays a very big part in this new detection system, as well as other things.
    Wouldn't say so, since my cball smelter which was making cballs within 4 hours of been signed up lasted around 24 days and it was going 24/7.
    It got 6 million xp @ 12k xp/h lmao
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Wouldn't say so, since my cball smelter which was making cballs within 4 hours of been signed up lasted around 24 days and it was going 24/7.
    It got 6 million xp @ 12k xp/h lmao
    LMAO that's pretty insane mate

You're all proxied/VPN'd up right?

Because that's most likely why it lasted so long.. My acc which got 90 WC in a month got permo'd (New account).

Right now I'm using an account with an age of almost 3000 days, and it's going VERY hard right now without any bans whatsoever. I might have to start a progress thread it's coming on nicely! (Mainly with other clients too(Surprised it's got this far))

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

LMAO that's pretty insane mate

You're all proxied/VPN'd up right?

Because that's most likely why it lasted so long.. My acc which got 90 WC in a month got permo'd (New account).

Right now I'm using an account with an age of almost 3000 days, and it's going VERY hard right now without any bans whatsoever. I might have to start a progress thread it's coming on nicely!
    Nope, all of my accounts on one IP
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Nope, all of my accounts on one IP
    How many bans per month? Maybe Mod Reech has taken a liking too you?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

How many bans per month? Maybe Mod Reech has taken a liking too you?
    Only 1 or 2 out of my 5 accounts. (And I checked before, and the ban I got was a temp lmao)
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Just got a 2 day ban for macroing. Manual ban. Possible by Mod Reach.

Was botting druids without taking breaks, meaning I would get automatically kicked out at the 6 hour mark. I guess this is a major flag because I would stupidly allow this to happen over and over again.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingarabian View Post
    It's been 8 years, why have they not implemented this detectionn yet? Why have they turned to legal measures to shut down major bots in the past? Trust me if it were that easy as you make it out to be, they would've done it already.
    because in most countries what he said is illegal to do.
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

^ this

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information