Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New bot detection?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default New bot detection?

Hello everybody i just got back into the game and im wondering how simba has stood up against the new bot detection
    Ive heard nothing but everybody getting insta banned using all the other botting platforms and im remember when simba made it past that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyelve View Post
    Hello everybody i just got back into the game and im wondering how simba has stood up against the new bot detection
    Ive heard nothing but everybody getting insta banned using all the other botting platforms and im remember when simba made it past that
    I've botted like crazy lately, made millions of GP, stats to 99.. Not a single ban or anything.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

I've been doing quite a bit of bank standing botting and so far so good for me.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

I have been botting for the past week or so, and I am doing just fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yeah I mean since they implemented their new bot detection system that has been insta banning so many botters

Thanks for the responses everybody im gunna give it a try again

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

My account is > 80% crafted from running Simba, I was making scripts the second (first was for the joy of playing again) week of OSRS release and still running today. At this point there's no reason to fear SMART or Simba being detected, but rather the quality of your script, how long you've been running it, and of course how lucky you are...

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

got 85 fishing, 75 range from range guild with a shitty bot that i made, so far so good

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

I have had trouble on new old school characters but not old characters.
    Last edited by Wetish; 06-10-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I just logged in on one of my accounts after ~24 hours of continuous botting and was insta-banned. I lent it to some idiot who probably got it detected, so I'm not thinking too much of it for now. Regardless I'm going to test it again with another account, same place, same activity.

E: sorry, I' talking about RS3. Got here from the homepage, didn't realize this was the OSR section. Still, I suppose it's at least somewhat relevant, after all, they are essentially the same game ^^
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 06-10-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

I know it's a little late, but I just ran hoodzfighter for 48 hours straight in a pvp world and nothing happened. Keep on botting.

Edit: colour bot, not reflection and in pvp world to avoid the colour includes' crappy random solver
    Last edited by Qw4rt6yu9; 06-26-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qw4rt6yu9 View Post
    I know it's a little late, but I just ran hoodzfighter for 48 hours straight in a pvp world

and nothing happened. Keep on botting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qw4rt6yu9 View Post
    I know it's a little late, but I just ran hoodzfighter for 48 hours straight in a pvp world and nothing happened. Keep on botting.

Edit: colour bot, not reflection and in pvp world to avoid the colour includes' crappy random solver
    More surprised you didn't get pked!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

The way I see it, they can't detect the use of Simba, SMART, or even reflection. The insta-bans are much more likely caused by the injection methods used by rsbot and other bots like it, since they actually modify some of the classes in the game in order to read the information. Though I don't know this for sure, but logically nothing about color detection, running an applet in a different environment, or reflection leave anything to be "seen" through anything they could implement into the game. I have heard that they have dedicated "bot banners" that run around to common botting spots and ban people right there. So as long as you're not doing anything extremely obvious, I don't believe they are able to detect you. With that all being said, there's still a risk to doing any of this and I am by no means an expert on the situation.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhildy View Post
    The way I see it, they can't detect the use of Simba, SMART, or even reflection.
    They actually can detect all of it. Simba included. At least on Windows they have the power to do it. Detecting SMART and RSBot is as easy as detecting the applet is embedded in a JFrame which isn't done when using a browser. They could easily stick something into Applet.init(); which EVERY bot & browser has to call to load the "signed" applet. Of course a bot like RSBot can remove it but can they remove native code? ;]

They could also use reflection as well. And if all that fails, then screw it and use C & JNI.

Could stick their code right into Jaclib.dll or Jaclib.so. Then get whatever information they want. Also since you grant them permissions when you run the applet, they can check processes easily..

Every time you load the applet, each of these:

is downloaded to your computer on both Linux, Mac & Windows. Anything can be placed in them. Don't under estimate Jagex (which is done way too often).

It's not that they CAN'T.. It's that they DON'T. Big difference.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-17-2014 at 02:04 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    They actually can detect all of it. Simba included. At least on Windows they have the power to do it. Detecting SMART and RSBot is as easy as detecting the applet is embedded in a JFrame which isn't done when using a browser. They could easily stick something into Applet.init(); which EVERY bot & browser has to call to load the "signed" applet. Of course a bot like RSBot can remove it but can they remove native code? ;]

They could also use reflection as well. And if all that fails, then screw it and use C & JNI.

Could stick their code right into Jaclib.dll or Jaclib.so. Then get whatever information they want. Also since you grant them permissions when you run the applet, they can check processes easily..

is downloaded to your computer on both Linux, Mac & Windows. Anything can be placed in them. Don't under estimate Jagex (which is done way too often).

Would they have a way of detecting Simba by detecting mouse input to RS by Simba? (Can they tell the difference between me moving my mouse to (100, 100) and clicking on the RS web browser and Simba moving my mouse to (100, 100) and clicking on the RS web browser?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    More surprised you didn't get pked!
    Oh and to wonder how i felt when I turned the monitor on and saw it was still going? I gained about 5 combat levels!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

It's been 8 years, why have they not implemented this detectionn yet? Why have they turned to legal measures to shut down major bots in the past? Trust me if it were that easy as you make it out to be, they would've done it already.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingarabian View Post
    It's been 8 years, why have they not implemented this detection yet? Why have they turned to legal measures to shut down major bots in the past? Trust me if it were that easy as you make it out to be, they would've done it already.

Okay.

Those are from Powerbot.. They CAN do the same to SRL.
    Last edited by Brandon; 12-28-2014 at 08:27 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

It's been 8 years, why have they not implemented this detectionn yet? Why have they turned to legal measures to shut down major bots in the past? Trust me if it were that easy as you make it out to be, they would've done it already.
    If you've watched the latest streams where they ban the hell out of bots, you'll notice that they can easily detect us. Legal measures over just banning people would not suggest that they can't detect us, more in terms of them not being capable of processing everybody at all times...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Most other bots don't seem to be fairing up so well against the new anit-bot system but Simba is doing perfectly fine.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

fake input detection stuff
    ( way to long to post full quote)
    Quite funny how you're giving Jagex the method to ban all of us xD
    Also your other post about doing the same to SRL. They probably won't cus:
    doing extra work to ban 0.1% of all bots?
    if rsbot is unusable no one complains about bots in the game ( so they're focusing on powerbot )
    Most people at SRL bot smart so players wouldn't even notice that they're bots, unless they start talking and stuff but do you talk to everyone ingame?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

snippy snippy
    if simba botting was to become as big of a threat to them as rsbot is, they will obviously put a lot more effort towards detecting it. fortunately it feels like right now we're at a sweet spot where it's not gotten so out of hand that they do so but it's big enough for us to have a relatively robust community to work together with, if they start to crack down on it then we'll obviously have to try and adapt. For now it seems like we're lucky enough to not have to (but that ofc doesn't promise us the future)

would you say that ^ is the gist of our current situation?

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Not sure why everyone is quoting me :S I don't play or bot. Is this national bot detection day or something?

Quote Originally Posted by lanadekat View Post
    Quite funny how you're giving Jagex the method to ban all of us xD
    Also your other post about doing the same to SRL. They probably won't cus:
    doing extra work to ban 0.1% of all bots?
    if rsbot is unusable no one complains about bots in the game ( so they're focusing on powerbot )

Most people at SRL bot smart so players wouldn't even notice that they're bots, unless they start talking and stuff but do you talk to everyone ingame?
    Quote Originally Posted by No Lifer View Post
    if simba botting was to become as big of a threat to them as rsbot is, they will obviously put a lot more effort towards detecting it. fortunately it feels like right now we're at a sweet spot where it's not gotten so out of hand that they do so but it's big enough for us to have a relatively robust community to work together with, if they start to crack down on it then we'll obviously have to try and adapt. For now it seems like we're lucky enough to not have to (but that ofc doesn't promise us the future)

would you say that ^ is the gist of our current situation?

My opinion really will always be my own, so does it matter? Here it is (again) anyway:

It's not that Jagex CAN'T.. It's that they DON'T. The "we're a small community so they won't get us", doesn't hold for me. The "it's been 8 years and still nothing", doesn't hold for me. The "banning only 0.1% is a waste of their resources", doesn't hold for me. If I worked there, why would I care about how large a community is, or how popular a bot is? The point of security is to detect big and small bots, malware, etc.. That's the purpose.

As for botting smart.. again, I don't bot or play so I wouldn't know.. but from a pure security perspective, why would I care how smart a script is? Why care about what AI or API or w/e the script uses? I wouldn't care about biometrics and human behaviour. I wouldn't care if someone clicks in the same spot. I'd target whatever it is that generates the click. I'd target whatever it is the user is using in the first place.

I've seen powerbot introduce all these Gaussian and Euclidean randoms and paths and all sorts of algorithms.. but does Jagex care? No.. they're banning anyone using the client itself. So all that effort put in was a waste of time IMO.

If I owned Jagex, after I finish the big fish, I'd go after the small fish. lol. But again, this is me, not Jagex.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Not sure why everyone is quoting me :S I don't play or bot. Is this national bot detection day or something?

My opinion really will always be my own, so does it matter? Here it is (again) anyway:

It's not that Jagex CAN'T.. It's that they DON'T. The "we're a small community so they won't get us", doesn't hold for me. The "it's been 8 years and still nothing", doesn't hold for me. The "banning only 0.1% is a waste of their resources", doesn't hold for me. If I worked there, why would I care about how large a community is, or how popular a bot is? The point of security is to detect big and small bots, malware, etc.. That's the purpose.

As for botting smart.. again, I don't bot or play so I wouldn't know.. but from a pure security perspective, why would I care how smart a script is? Why care about what AI or API or w/e the script uses? I wouldn't care about biometrics and human behaviour. I wouldn't care if someone clicks in the same spot. I'd target whatever it is that generates the click. I'd target whatever it is the user is using in the first place.

I've seen powerbot introduce all these Gaussian and Euclidean randoms and paths and all sorts of algorithms.. but does Jagex care? No.. they're banning anyone using the client itself. So all that effort put in was a waste of time IMO.

If I owned Jagex, after I finish the big fish, I'd go after the small fish. lol. But again, this is me, not Jagex.
    I understand your stance, and I'm not questioning your proof that you provided. I'm questioning Jagex though. Remember, this is a company that self-nuked itself in 2007-2008 by removing free trade and the wilderness to combat botting and RWT. They couldn't stop RSDemon.

SMART was available pre 2007 and so was iBot and its variants (if I'm not mistaken).
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

I understand your stance, and I'm not questioning your proof that you provided. I'm questioning Jagex though. Remember, this is a company that self-nuked itself in 2007-2008 by removing free trade and the wilderness to combat botting and RWT. They couldn't stop RSDemon.

SMART was available pre 2007 and so was iBot and its variants (if I'm not mistaken).
    They choose if they want to ban people or not, It's been like this for years.
    They know how lol, removing free trade and such was a poor business move. Nothing to do with coding.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information