Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New bot detection?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

2/14/2015... have botted around 40-45 hours in the last 5 days, and no ban as of yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

It would make sense for the majority of the bans to be based on something triggering a red flag of sorts,though I'm not sure how something could detect you attempting to attack a monster from behind a door and differentiate it between a bot and not. And I can't imagine Jagex using a lot of man power to manually ban bots, due to their being so many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How about the lack of native events compared to all the AWT events fired in the JVM? If they're already using native code, its not hard at all to detect such emulation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Hopefully simba will somewhat stay off the radar in this regard, it is fantastic. The small community probably contributes to this, most people that talk about botting runescape have probably never even heard of simba. Honestly part of the reason is it takes some amount of brainpower to get simba up and running as well, other bots it takes about 3 clicks to set up a bot and any idiot can just jump in and get banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirPrize View Post
    Hopefully simba will somewhat stay off the radar in this regard, it is fantastic. The small community probably contributes to this, most people that talk about botting runescape have probably never even heard of simba. Honestly part of the reason is it takes some amount of brainpower to get simba up and running as well, other bots it takes about 3 clicks to set up a bot and any idiot can just jump in and get banned.
    So true, most people cant be bothered with the hassle and possible troubleshooting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Made account when the f2p arrived to osrs.
    I botted fishing in barbarian village pretty wrecklessly, got 74 fishing and boom got banned today.
    Ban was appealable.
    My friends account got banned just at the same time as my account, so I guess it was a ban wave.

/edit
    My friend didn't bot that much, he used same script as I at barbarian village.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

11/12 Accounts banned tonight. All ranging from a week old to 2-3day, so yep definitely a banwave happened tday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matraprapa View Post
    11/12 Accounts banned tonight. All ranging from a week old to 2-3day, so yep definitely a banwave happened tday
    What were you botting? Also how many hours a day?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information