Thread: People who rip you off

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Default People who rip you off

People who rip me off piss me off.

I lent somebody $10 to get into a water park with our group, because you know it would be mean to leave them outside the gate while everyone else is having fun even though it's completely their fault for forgetting money.

They keep trying to pay me back with items.

No I do not want ciggs. I dont smoke.

No I do not want 2 boxes of root beer

No I don't want weed. Not only will you get ripped off by buying such a small amount, your greedy ass is going to make me share it with you so then your not even paying me back all my money. Also I don't want to buy weed with it.

No giving me a ride that one time 3 weeks ago does not knock $5 off the debt.

No you cannot buy me a McDonald's meal or burger king and then say we are even.

Tl; Dr

I'm butt hurt about being nice to people too much and getting f**ked because of it. Share your stories of people pulling bull shit like this below.

RAGE RAGE RAGE I WANT MY $10

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

I don't understand why they would try to pay you back with items. Unless they're trying to pay you back with an item less than they owe you, it should make no difference for them financially.

Hopefully the waterpark was fun though. I like waterparks.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    I don't understand why they would try to pay you back with items. Unless they're trying to pay you back with an item less than they owe you, it should make no difference for them financially.

Hopefully the waterpark was fun though. I like waterparks.

That's exactly what their doing. Or they buy something that is worth $10 and want you to split it with them

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)

This happens to me so often I don't even expect money back when I lend it. My brother asked me to spot him a $20 for some gas last week. He then goes to the gas station to get the gas and my mom decides to tag along with him to get some candy. He ends up asking my mom to buy the gas and uses my $20 to buy energy drinks, lotto tickets, and cigarettes.

He gets back I'm like wtf happened to getting gas, he says "yeah mom got it for me...". He said I can use his kayak for a day and I told him to use it to drown himself
    Currently lurking while messing around with dll injection. Will continue contributing after I finish my quest.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

When you give them $10 take something from them that is worth more than $10.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    193 Post(s)

legally they dont owe you squat bro. wheres the contract signed by both parties saying that they agree to pay ur $10 back? if you keep asking ur friend for the money back he can sue for harassment so you should just accept your loss and move the fuck on cause no1 on villavu gives a shit about ur $10

jk bro ur friend isn't really a good friend if he doesnt pay u back

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I once spent $30 on alcohol for my squad's party one night. One guy dropped $5 (the proper amount) to pay me back. All the others had stupid excuses, "I haven't been paid yet," or "My girlfriend's birthday is next week."

Some stupid bitch said she didn't have any money to throw down, then left with her boyfriend and 15 minutes later she comes back with cigarettes. I asked her, bitch, where was that money when I asked you to throw it down for the alcohol I bought you?

Needless to say she wasn't invited to the next party.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

wow. ten whole dollars.

is the guy a dick? do you not like him? would you rather not ever talk to him again?
    if you said yes to any of these questions, then 10 dollars was a cheap price to pay to never have to talk to him again.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Wow people who take things without paying them back are terrible peopl :8
    You really went into depth with the whole weed deal. So you don't want weed with it, but you thought about it enough to say that hes going to want some of it? Why don't you just smoke it at home on a sick day and enjoy the buzz? You don't have to bring your weed everywhere you go to enjoy it- that's how stoners are made. I'd take a deal on weed because then chances are hell give you like a 1/4 extra (at least thats how it goes down in the canadas)
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

if i read these comments.. wow some of you guys have shit friends tbh..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

I would say if it's a good friend why would you hold onto $10 so tightly? I mean I can't even keep track of the amount of times my best friends and I have spotted each other. I fronted $400 for my friend to finish building his computer, haven't seen the money back but it's ok because I know he's bought me lunch a million times or his mom's had me over for dinner a million times. I don't really expect to see the money again but I know he'll cover me when I need something.

If it's not a good friend, now you know that the person won't pay you back so don't cover them for anything ever again. Or realize it's just money and if you care that much about it don't hand it out.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    I once spent $30 on alcohol for my squad's party one night. One guy dropped $5 (the proper amount) to pay me back. All the others had stupid excuses, "I haven't been paid yet," or "My girlfriend's birthday is next week."

Some stupid bitch said she didn't have any money to throw down, then left with her boyfriend and 15 minutes later she comes back with cigarettes. I asked her, bitch, where was that money when I asked you to throw it down for the alcohol I bought you?

Needless to say she wasn't invited to the next party.
    This type of thing happens with my friends.
    Protip: Get the money well upfront

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

I NEVER under any circumstances lend money to friends. I lend money to my brother/parents but never to friends. If a friend forgets there wallet I expect them to spot me the next time but I never expect cash back as payment. Take for instance, I went out to lunch with a friend on Friday last week, they didn't have their wallet with them but that doesn't matter because they have given me rides places and done other favors for me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

My philosophy is pretty straight forward. I don't lend money to anyone. If someone needs help, I will help them, but I don't ever expect to get that money back. That's what true friends do. Likewise, I don't ask to borrow money from my friends. If my friends know that I need something, they spot me. This is how the whole world should work, people in better situations help each other out without keeping score.

Conversely, if someone expects to live off your generosity, then they are not true friends anyway. When people keep score, it defeats the purpose of what a true friend is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

I'm always the poor guy of the group I hang with! Which people keep complaining about (e.g "He never has any money"..etc). Funny thing is.. I never ask for anything to anyone, people just give to me and I usually refuse because I hate gifts and people sort of "force" their kindness on to me.
    I'm not someone who rips others off, they rip themselves off through me.

However, when I do have money because I worked many hours in the week or something I always throw a big party or something for the guys.. They just never seem to remember it :P.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

I'm just cheap and won't lend anyone money.... Anyway what's a "friend"?
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Thread Information