Thread: Map creation and SPS inconsistencies.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Default Map creation and SPS inconsistencies.

I've been working a nature rune crafter for the past few days and now that my script is "done" my only problems are SPS related. I understand its not a problem with SPS but more then likely my maps.

I'll run my script and it will go through its regular rotation: bank, graahk, walk to the altar, craft, tele, walk to bank. But then when the script loops it will bank, graahk then SPS can't find my player location. I didn't stop the script or anything, and I find very bizarre.

As you will see, my map is rather bad because the map from the minimap "warps" from different locations when I take multiple screenshots of it.

So can anyone shed some light on the inconsistency or how to make maps in the current version of runescape.

Here is the code that I use to walk, I don't think the problem lies here though.
    Code:
    procedure WalkToAltar();
    var
      pathToAltar: TPointArray;
    begin
      SPS.setup('NatureAltar', RUNESCAPE_SURFACE);
      if not isLoggedIn() then
        exit;
      //pathToAltar := [Point(124, 143), Point(167, 131), Point(197, 122), Point(223, 106), Point(243, 107), Point(267, 104), Point(292, 97), Point(311, 75), Point(329, 50), Point(357, 38), Point(377, 39), Point(397, 40), Point(426, 51), Point(444, 65), Point(451, 75)];
      pathToAltar :=  [Point(119, 132), Point(166, 109), Point(212, 106), Point(255, 110), Point(289, 107), Point(313, 83), Point(335, 55), Point(368, 41), Point(399, 44), Point(427, 60), Point(438, 81), Point(454, 96)];
      if SPS.walkPath(pathToAltar) then
        minimap.waitPlayerMoving();
    end;
    NatureAltar.png

Also, if anyone has a map of the nature altar path and gives it me, I'll love you. Forever.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

The first thing I notice is that the Shilo Village fence is slanted, and therefore the whole map is slanted. Fix that in an image editing program, using a drawn line for reference if needed:

After that, fill in the gaps so you have a final rectangular image (no weird slants and transparencies).

Second, SPS maps shouldn't have minimap icons. Minimap icons change locations and orientations all the time independent of the actual map, which will confuse SPS if the icons are part of the map (therefore you are telling SPS that the icons are static).

Best of luck with the script!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    The first thing I notice is that the Shilo Village fence is slanted, and therefore the whole map is slanted. Fix that in an image editing program, using a drawn line for reference if needed:

[img]http://i.gyazo.com/5b57647198e75b71d9003964c5b219d9.png[/ img]

After that, fill in the gaps so you have a final rectangular image (no weird slants and transparencies).

Second, SPS maps shouldn't have minimap icons. Minimap icons change locations and orientations all the time independent of the actual map, which will confuse SPS if the icons are part of the map (therefore you are telling SPS that the icons are static).

What program is that?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post

Thanks. How do I remove Minimap icons? And the fence, I was at perfect north (I clicked the compass) when I took the pictures and it was just slanted.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Make the map bigger, ie. grab a bigger image of the map.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Make the map bigger, ie. grab a bigger image of the map.
    You can only enlarge the minimap to certain extent.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buttdestroyr View Post
    You can only enlarge the minimap to certain extent.
    Uh yea? And just walk about and crop all the pictures into one.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Uh yea? And just walk about and crop all the pictures into one.
    Thats what I did orginally, I don't think size is the issue though. The map covers every bit that the minimap will ever see.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Thanks. How do I remove Minimap icons? And the fence, I was at perfect north (I clicked the compass) when I took the pictures and it was just slanted.
    Interesting. Jagex intentionally skews maps but SPS accounts for this and usually the straight(most perfect) map works the best.
    You can remove minimap icons using clone tools in photoshop, or manually editing pixel by pixel in MSPaint, which actually is the better option since photoshop tools will create weird blurs.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

So I made a new map and redid the pathing and all. I've tested it 3 times and the results are very strange.

SPS will find my player location every single time and walk the path given it is the first iteration of the script. Then the script will go on and work fine, the second iteration it can't find the player location.

All 3 tests had this outcome.. I honestly have no idea...

Here is the new map..

NatureAltar.png

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

This seems to be an issue with me too. Here is the output from the console: I modified it to display the accuracy at each position. It was around 0.74 for the first run however after the script teleported to the same spot and looped it dropped to 0.35. I have tried this numerous times to identify if it was a one off issue but it seems to persist (even when I relog).

Code:
    -- setupSRL(): True
    -- sps.init()
    ---- Path exists (C:\Simba\Includes\SPS\img\Runescape_Surface\varcen.png)
    ---- Setup area "varcen" in 31ms
    -- sps.init()
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = 222, Y = 198}, took 125 ms. The accuracy was: 0.74121020069413/0.4
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = 142, Y = 170}, took 125 ms. The accuracy was: 0.737186258236507/0.4
    ---- Waiting while the player is moving...
    -- sps.walkPath(): result = True
    ---- Waiting while the player is moving...
    -- sps.init()
    ---- Path exists (C:\Simba\Includes\SPS\img\Runescape_Surface\varcen.png)
    ---- Setup area "varcen" in 32ms
    -- sps.init()
    -- WARNING: sps.getPlayerPos(): Didn't find enough matches accurately calc your postion
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = -1, Y = -1}, took 156 ms. The accuracy was: 0.353302147779287/0.4
    -- WARNING: sps.getPlayerPos(): Didn't find enough matches accurately calc your postion
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = -1, Y = -1}, took 172 ms. The accuracy was: 0.353302147779287/0.4
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = -1, Y = -1}, took 157 ms. The accuracy was: 0.352497359287762/0.4
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = -1, Y = -1}, took 171 ms. The accuracy was: 0.352497359287762/0.4
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = -1, Y = -1}, took 157 ms. The accuracy was: 0.353302147779287/0.4
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = -1, Y = -1}, took 157 ms. The accuracy was: 0.353302147779287/0.4
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = -1, Y = -1}, took 156 ms. The accuracy was: 0.353302147779287/0.4
    -- sps.walkPath(): result = False
    SPS Walking Failed- Calling BmpWalk Procedure
    === New trial ===
    Accuracy: 0.996539792387543
    X-Coord: 668
    Y-Coord: 62
    -- Succesfully freed SMART[6372]

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Can you guys post your SPS code and where it's called? Remember that you only have to call SPS_Setup (I think that's what it's called) only once. You shouldn't be calling it every iteration of the loop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

^I cannot believe I overlooked that. Calling it before the loop makes it work fine. May I ask what causes it to not work when it is called a second time?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

I've been working a nature rune crafter for the past few days and now that my script is "done" my only problems are SPS related. I understand its not a problem with SPS but more then likely my maps.

I'll run my script and it will go through its regular rotation: bank, graahk, walk to the altar, craft, tele, walk to bank. But then when the script loops it will bank, graahk then SPS can't find my player location. I didn't stop the script or anything, and I find very bizarre.

As you will see, my map is rather bad because the map from the minimap "warps" from different locations when I take multiple screenshots of it.

So can anyone shed some light on the inconsistency or how to make maps in the current version of runescape.

Here is the code that I use to walk, I don't think the problem lies here though.
    Code:
    procedure WalkToAltar();
    var
      pathToAltar: TPointArray;
    begin
      SPS.setup('NatureAltar', RUNESCAPE_SURFACE);
      if not isLoggedIn() then
        exit;
      //pathToAltar := [Point(124, 143), Point(167, 131), Point(197, 122), Point(223, 106), Point(243, 107), Point(267, 104), Point(292, 97), Point(311, 75), Point(329, 50), Point(357, 38), Point(377, 39), Point(397, 40), Point(426, 51), Point(444, 65), Point(451, 75)];
      pathToAltar :=  [Point(119, 132), Point(166, 109), Point(212, 106), Point(255, 110), Point(289, 107), Point(313, 83), Point(335, 55), Point(368, 41), Point(399, 44), Point(427, 60), Point(438, 81), Point(454, 96)];
      if SPS.walkPath(pathToAltar) then
        minimap.waitPlayerMoving();
    end;
    NatureAltar.png

Also, if anyone has a map of the nature altar path and gives it me, I'll love you. Forever.
    Funnily enough, i'm working on one too. Is it just me or does the Interact option not work when you use the summoning icon?

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Funnily enough, i'm working on one too. Is it just me or does the Interact option not work when you use the summoning icon?
    Not just you. It's actually completely broken. I wrote one using the OpenGL hook plugin and I thought it was me at first but it wasn't. This makes it way harder to find "your" graahk among a shit ton of others using colour..
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

I managed to fix it by calling SPS.setup(..) outside of the loop. I had it resetup each time so I could use 2 different maps (one to the altar, one to the bank).

I used DTMs from minimap icons to navigate to the bank and now I have a somewhat "flawless" nature crafter. Thanks everyone for the help.

Also is there a way to use two different sps maps without running into this error?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Yeah you have find the graahk on screen and interact with it. You have to be careful though because its hard to find your graahk in case someone else has one out.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

^^ like buttdestroyr asked. How can SPSSetup be called twice, having multiple paths is a problem atm.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mxtrix View Post
    ^^ like buttdestroyr asked. How can SPSSetup be called twice, having multiple paths is a problem atm.
    pretty sure it takes an array
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mxtrix View Post
    ^I cannot believe I overlooked that. Calling it before the loop makes it work fine. May I ask what causes it to not work when it is called a second time?
    I managed to fix it by calling SPS.setup(..) outside of the loop. I had it resetup each time so I could use 2 different maps (one to the altar, one to the bank).

I used DTMs from minimap icons to navigate to the bank and now I have a somewhat "flawless" nature crafter. Thanks everyone for the help.

Also is there a way to use two different sps maps without running into this error?
    You should create a new TSPSArea variable for each map you have. This makes it much easier to manage, plus is makes your code clear for others who might read it.
    Simba Code:
    var
      spsJungle, spsAltar: TSPSArea;

// somewhere in the mainloop
    begin
      spsJungle.setup({parameters here});
      spsAltar.setup({parameters here});
    end.
    That's how it should be done, but theoretically it should still work if you were to reset the variable (i.e. call the .setup() function inside a loop). @Olly; might know more about this as he's the one who "SRL-6ified" SPS. There might have just been a logic error in your guys' code that caused the variable to be set incorrectly.

@mxtrix; and @buttdestroyr; let me know if the above works for you guys.
    Last edited by Coh3n; 07-05-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    You should create a new TSPSArea variable for each map you have. This makes it much easier to manage, plus is makes your code clear for others who might read it.
    Simba Code:
    var
      spsJungle, spsAltar: TSPSArea;

// somewhere in the mainloop
    begin
      spsJungle.setup({parameters here});
      spsAltar.setup({parameters here});
    end.
    That's how it should be done, but theoretically it should still work if you were to reset the variable (i.e. call the .setup() function inside a loop). @Olly; might know more about this as he's the one who "SRL-6ified" SPS. There might have just been a logic error in your guys' code that caused the variable to be set incorrectly.
    Yea i made the whole TSPSArea so you can multiple maps at once.

But yea, Maybe calling setup() is appending old vars? Not sure.. Il add it to my to-do list

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Ready for release?
    I don't think I'm going to release it because if too many people run the same script I run a bigger risk of getting banned and crashing nature runes.

However, while I was a learning how to code with SRL and the whole pascal syntax, I was experimenting with an air rune crafter. I'll definitely release that once I spice it up a bit more

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Yea i made the whole TSPSArea so you can multiple maps at once.

But yea, Maybe calling setup() is appending old vars? Not sure.. Il add it to my to-do list
    Oh and by the way SPS walkPath doesn't timeout if you repeatedly click to an un-walkable location (i.e. over a fence or over the wilderness line). The flag appears and disappears but your player obviously doesn't move. It just keeps clicking in the same over and over.

E: Took a look. It looks as if the timer is reset each loop?

Thread Information