Thread: Legacy Mode Released! 14th Jul 2014

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Default Legacy Mode Released! 14th Jul 2014

News:

Legacy Mode Launch, Global Combat Improvements and Gear Guide

At the beginning of the year we started the Power to the Players initiative, and in the last six months the RuneScape community has used it to shape the game in over 50 polls.

Today brings the biggest player-driven releases so far: the launch of Legacy Mode and return of the 138 combat formula.

This year, we vowed to work with the community on making Evolution of Combat the best it can be, as well as finding an alternative for players who preferred things as they used to be. Our aim has been to allow all types of players to enjoy combat their way, and to have them able to play side-by-side.

Read on to find out the details of Legacy Mode and the many other combat improvements - available in-game now.
    Legacy Mode

Legacy Mode is an optional setting which allows you to play the modern game, but with traditional interfaces and old-style combat, without the need to learn the new Evolution of Combat system.

Legacy Mode can be turned on or off in either the Game Settings or Powers - Combat Settings interfaces, and when activated enables the following features:

No abilities, with auto-attack damage scaled up
    Pre-RuneScape 3-style interfaces, both resizable and fixed
    Old-style combat animations and stances
    Old-style minimap icons
    Health and damage visually scaled down (e.g. 9900 life points in EoC becomes 990 in Legacy)

Global Combat Improvements

For those of you who enjoy Evolution of Combat, we’ve also made significant improvements to the system, based on your feedback. We've fine-tuned these on the beta servers in recent months.

The 138 combat formula has been reinstated, tweaked to have equal contribution from melee, ranged and magic
    Special attacks on weapons have returned
    Strength bonuses have replaced critical hit chance
    Ability damage has been fine-tuned to address some long-term imbalances. Damage output potential remains the same, but weaker abilities have been improved and overpowered abilities toned down
    More life points come from stats than from armour, and combat triangle penalties and bonuses are slightly relaxed.
    The Loadout interface has been updated to give clearer info for offensive and defensive stats.

Today’s update also brings a few Legacy-only and EoC-only game worlds. While the systems have been designed to be played side-by-side, we appreciate that PKers will want to know which mode their opponents will be using.

Fancy seeing this for yourself? Tune into our Twitch channel at 6pm BST today for our special Legacy Live Stream to spend 4 hours getting the lowdown with Mod Pips, Mod Pi, and Mod Slayer.
    Future Combat

Today’s launch of Legacy Mode and the Global Combat Improvements are a landmark point in our quest to make RuneScape’s combat the best it can be – but our ambitions don’t end here.

In the short term, we’ll continue to tune both EoC and Legacy in response to your feedback, and we will also soon be offering limited stat rollbacks for those who used to have pure accounts but lost these in the change to EoC or re-introduction of the 138 combat formula.

In the longer term, we want to do more to revive PvP minigames and the Wilderness; to bring back monster aggression; to rework equipment that has lost its relevance; and to offer options to have Legacy Combat within the New Interface System, and vice versa.

To keep up with our progress on any outstanding issues, visit our 'Known and Fixed Issues' thread.

Please always give us your feedback, both what you’re enjoying and what you’d like to see changed. We’ll do our best to make it happen.
    Gear Guide

Having the right weapons and items can help you take your adventure in Gielinor even further and that’s why we created our brand-new Gear Guide.

Use it to find out the very best weapons, accessories, and armour available to your character; simply select a combat method and a skill level to populate a list of all the best gear!

The Gear Guide will be live shortly!
    Summer Special Membership

The Summer Membership Package has been flying off the virtual shelves, and plenty of you have saved yourself over 25% on three months’ membership, plus got your hands on those XP boosting auras and amulets.

To make sure everyone is prepared for the launch of Elf City, we’ve decided to extend the availability of this awesome package. You can now get your hands on your discounted membership and XP boosting items until 28th July.

See our previous news post for more details on what’s included in the package.
    In Other News

Keepsake Boxes have been updated to be much more flexible. There are now 20 Keepsake Box slots within the Wardrobe Interface and any type of item can be put into any of the slots.
    Treasure Hunter has had its prizes refreshed. They should now be even more relevant to your skills, especially at higher levels.

Read the patch notes for other updates released today.

Mod Pips and the RuneScape Team

Patch notes:

14th July 2014

Graphical:

The skin tone on the Beta scientist headgear has been fixed.
    The completionist cape emotes no longer get corrupted by teleport animations.
    The God Wars Teleport spell icon now has square background.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

Treasure Hunter will no longer pause indefinitely on the "attempting to approve key" screen.
    Players can no longer take pets to Pest Control Island.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

An issue has been fixed where the Fairy Queen refused to wake up in Fairy Tale Part II.
    The Spirit Realm, which can be accessed through portals around the wilderness, no longer leaves the spirit overlay on the game screen after players have left the area.
    Mentions of My Arm changing the Trollheim teleport to God Wars Dungeon have been updated to mention the new standalone God Wars Dungeon teleport spell.
    Lucky challenges and Rhino daily challenges no longer overlap one another.

Other:

A calculation error with repairing multiple Player-Owned Port armours has been fixed.
    The tool select interface will close properly using the escape key.
    The close button on the bonds popup interface now works correctly.
    Players can once again click on basic challenges if the player disables and re-enables the path system during the basic challenge stage.
    An additional button to toggle the Featured interface to the What's New interface has been added for existing players.

Ninja Fixes:

A players combat level will now show on the skills interface.
    Quick presets can now be accessed by using keys '1' and '2' when the bank is open.
    Acquiring black ibis pieces from Pyramid Plunder will now replace artefacts if the player has no space available.
    Players can now close the Dungeoneering map with the same keybind used to open it, which by default is 'M'.
    The "You don't have any left!" message from dropping objects from the actionbar has been added to the spam filter.
    Using the quick-entry option in the Queen Black Dragon rewards room now only uses one chat window, instead of two.

Engine Fixes:

A lighting effect in DirectX has been brightened. Please send a bug report for any areas that appear too bright.
    Some tweaks have been made to the engine for Legacy mode.

HTML5 Engine Fixes:

A fix to the HTML5 client has been applied to let the preload get past 3%.
    A fix to stop the HTML5 client crashing when hopping from a P2P world to a F2P world has been implemented.

Other stuff:

window appears upon login (first time only, after than you can switch between combat modes in settings):

navbuttons have changed a bit:

combat level is now shown on the skills tab:

legacy looks like this:

heh, tiny bit of nostalgia right there

we've also got new hitsplats:

i'll add moar as they become apparrent
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 07-15-2014 at 01:29 AM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Let's go back to SRL-5 ?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unfold View Post
    Let's go back to SRL-5 ?
    Portions of SRL-5 might worth with Legacy, but i'm sure major changes will still need to be made
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Let's go back to SRL-5 ?
    Still different interfaces, and legacy removes the usefulness of the actionbar. No point.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Mehh... No action bar :< (Not that i care, but it if it had one SRL-6 would most likely use it).

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Mehh... No action bar :< (Not that i care, but it if it had one SRL-6 would most likely use it).
    tbh we should redo combat stuff for legacy and then just leave it alone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

does this mean scripting will be easier ?
    People will match their shoes with their hats but won’t match their actions with their words.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

eoc abilities seem to have been buffed quite a bit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

For some reason, withdrawing isn't working properly.
    Also, when it tries to fill the pouch, it fails clicking at the rigth backPack inventory slot.
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Lame I wish we could just change the combat to legacy and leave all the interfaces/action bar the same... why is it all or nothing !

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Hey lookin' good! I think it's just missing the action bar, too bad.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Let's go back to SRL-5 ?
    Why would we downgrade

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman88 View Post
    Lame I wish we could just change the combat to legacy and leave all the interfaces/action bar the same... why is it all or nothing !

As an oldie.. ALL OR NOTHING! Remove the GE, back to fally park trading lol. I don't even play but anyway, it looks way better than before :S

Maybe make action-bar optional. If I were to bot, I'd probably use this interface. Makes no difference when botting. Either way, you're not actually the one doing the dropping of items or w/e the action-bar is useful for. Soo..?
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    As an oldie.. ALL OR NOTHING! Remove the GE, back to fally park trading lol. I don't even play but anyway, it looks way better than before :S

Maybe make action-bar optional. If I were to bot, I'd probably use this interface. Makes no difference when botting. Either way, you're not actually the one doing the dropping of items or w/e the action-bar is useful for. Soo..?
    Actionbar is much faster though

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Actionbar is much faster though

But think about it.. If you were an SRL developer, which interface would you choose? Certainly not EOC because its faster. You'd probably choose Legacy because the layout NEVER changes.. The amount of setup required is nil. Just set the graphics mode and fixed, and start. In EOC, you'd have to restrict the user to a specific interface layout just to get the include going. You have to switch from some preset to "oldschool" or w/e.. Remove transparency, etc..

With Legacy, it's one way or no way at all. The amount of troubles removed from the include would be huge. So much easier to develop for. Dropping items could be done with the mouse. Just toggle the speed to make it faster (which people seemed to call mouse-keys; though it's not).
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Strength bonuses have replaced critical hit chance
    More life points come from stats than from armour, and combat triangle penalties and bonuses are slightly relaxed.
    Quick presets can now be accessed by using keys '1' and '2' when the bank is open.p
    All good changes.

As for botting it would be awesome if both modes would be supported but this is probably unreasonable considering how much code would need to be changed/added.

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    lol'd

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    But think about it.. If you were an SRL developer, which interface would you choose? Certainly not EOC because its faster. You'd probably choose Legacy because the layout NEVER changes.. The amount of setup required is nil. Just set the graphics mode and fixed, and start. In EOC, you'd have to restrict the user to a specific interface layout just to get the include going. You have to switch from some preset to "oldschool" or w/e.. Remove transparency, etc..

With Legacy, it's one way or no way at all. The amount of troubles removed from the include would be huge. So much easier to develop for. Dropping items could be done with the mouse. Just toggle the speed to make it faster (which people seemed to call mouse-keys; though it's not).
    This. Those of you moaning about the actionbar don't even play RS3 legit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

I'm so glad to finally have this!

I just did all the quest bosses I didn't bother to kill because I simply didn't want to learn EoC! I'm super excited to play again.

Jagex did a great job doing this!

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

On a side note, the RS3 bankscreen got outdated with the latest update. SRL devs are no reply atm so if anyone wants the fixes replace bankscreen.simba in C:\Simba\Includes\srl-6\lib\interfaces with the one attached to this post:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    On a side note, the RS3 bankscreen got outdated with the latest update. SRL devs are no reply atm so if anyone wants the fixes replace bankscreen.simba in C:\Simba\Includes\srl-6\lib\interfaces with the one attached to this post:
    Thank you!
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

thanks!

edit: we've also got new hitsplats:

edited OP
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 07-15-2014 at 01:30 AM.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Thanks Mayor and Turp

https://github.com/SRL/SRL-6/commit/...8df34bf047cbbf

haha looks like you can use both modes!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ashaman88; 07-15-2014 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman88 View Post
    haha looks like you can use both modes!

What is this madness?

BTW skills tab get skill level is broken I think. I'll take a look when I get home if you don't want to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information