Thread: Alotic - Smart mode [HELP]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Default Alotic - Smart mode [HELP]

Can anyone shoot me a PM and add me via skype or something? I really want to run Alotic in smart mode so I can potentially run more than one bot and then be able to do something else on my computer. :/

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105548

Quote Originally Posted by BenLand100 View Post
    [*] Parsing of <applet> parameters was tweaked and improved so that it is more robust and less specific to the official RS pages. I.E. SMART is better at loading private servers now, you just need the address of the <applet> declaration, such as http://soulsplit.com/playnow/play.ph...989&width=1920 which will be split into 'root' and 'params' for SmartSpawnClient as follows:
    Code:
    root := 'http://soulsplit.com/'
    params := 'playnow/play.php?height=989&width=1920'
    However this is still not officially supported and may not work. In fact, for most private servers color capturing using SMART's internal methods will not work, but it can at least load the applet. Most private servers, including SoulSplit will attempt to resize the applet with will cause SMART to fail, but perhaps if the initial size is correct it will not. I have not tested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    Can you help me set it up specifically for Alotic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

You're basically asking someone to develop a new method that only a select few really want, what do you plan on contributing to the mix? Or did you even consider compensation of any sort other than gratitude? Did you consider at all the ramifications of multiple bots on a private server? Just the thieving script being released resulted in instant changes to the game, and serverwide response towards botting.

Not trying to be rude, but this question has been asked enough to realize with a simple search, it's really not THAT easy of a task to accomplish, nor is there enough demand for any developers to spend time on it rather than further continuing development of the 2 main RS's anti-randoms and includes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plache View Post
    You're basically asking someone to develop a new method that only a select few really want, what do you plan on contributing to the mix? Or did you even consider compensation of any sort other than gratitude? Did you consider at all the ramifications of multiple bots on a private server? Just the thieving script being released resulted in instant changes to the game, and serverwide response towards botting.

Not trying to be rude, but this question has been asked enough to realize with a simple search, it's really not THAT easy of a task to accomplish, nor is there enough demand for any developers to spend time on it rather than further continuing development of the 2 main RS's anti-randoms and includes.
    Uhm, no, I'm not. Multiple have easily done it. I've tried making my own scripts and doing this myself but I have zero coding experience so I only get as far as mouse clicks. It is hard to do when you have no idea what most of it means.

mod edit: Language
    Last edited by masterBB; 07-21-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Even with the new SMART 8.3 it's really difficult...

I've put so much time into trying to get it to work and I've come up dry every time. With how much time it takes to do it it really isn't worth it to the person doing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared052013 View Post
    Uhm, no, I'm not. Multiple have easily done it. I've tried making my own scripts and doing this myself but I have zero coding experience so I only get as far as mouse clicks. It is hard to do when you have no idea what most of it means.

mod edit: Language
    I would appreciate you posting links to these people claiming this, because as far as my research has led, it's a task not worth it so far. However, if you feel so strongly about the ease of the subject, may I suggest you read what you just said about having no idea what most of it means, and then compare that directly to your claim of ease. Very contradicting for someone that admits not being able to grasp the simplest means of the subject.

But really, please post proof before you begin to lead other misinformed individuals much like yourself down a road of disappointment and/or frustration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Doesn't work on Rs2/OSR :/

Thread Information