Thread: Audio Converter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Default Audio Converter

I was looking for a free (or technically paid ), lightweight audio converter to convert a few hundred songs from one format to another (preferably with lossless or nearly lossless quality).

I did some googling and found some but they all appeared to be full of bloat and crapware so I was wondering if any of you had suggestions for programs.

I would imagine I would be able to do it with Audacity, but I have no clue how and will look a bit later.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

dBpoweramp is good but not exactly free. There is a trial though.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

I use Freemake Video Converter to convert videos. It's really simple and does a good job. There is an audio converter under the same name. I haven't tried it but you could check it out. http://www.freemake.com/free_audio_converter/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    dBpoweramp is good but not exactly free. There is a trial though.
    I tried this and it did 100 songs in about 8 minutes and copied all the names and such, worked wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetish View Post
    I use Freemake Video Converter to convert videos. It's really simple and does a good job. There is an audio converter under the same name. I haven't tried it but you could check it out. http://www.freemake.com/free_audio_converter/
    i will try this for the next 100 and see how it goes!

E:Thanks both of you, dBpoweramp works much faster than Freemake, however it is indeed a paid service. It took about 24 minutes with Freemake versus 8 minutes with poweramp, but they both functioned as intended! Poweramp uses multithreading, while freemake only uses a single core. (there was only a 20mb difference in the size of the two folders of 100 songs).
    Last edited by Hazzah; 08-01-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Thread Information