Thread: OpenGL Crashing Issue Resolved for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Default OpenGL Crashing Issue Resolved for me

I just found out how to fix my SMART or browser version of RS for OGL. I have NVidia and I tried every solution online. Finally, I decided to set my laptop's performance to max instead of energy saving. What this did is make the computer use Nvidia Graphic card 100% of the time. You can also go to right click desktop and enter Nvidia control panel and tell your laptop to use graphic card 100% of the time. This fixed the problem. Basically, on energy saving mode the laptop alternates between Nvidia graphic card and Intel's integrated card. Integrated card is what OGL will not work with so when I used Nvidia 100% of the time, my SMART does not crash when I switch to OGL and my runescape switches display in browser when I switch to OGL.

I don't know if this is the case for everyone but thought I would share it in-case someone has the same problem.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twirap View Post
    I just found out how to fix my SMART or browser version of RS for OGL. I have NVidia and I tried every solution online. Finally, I decided to set my laptop's performance to max instead of energy saving. What this did is make the computer use Nvidia Graphic card 100% of the time. You can also go to right click desktop and enter Nvidia control panel and tell your laptop to use graphic card 100% of the time. This fixed the problem. Basically, on energy saving mode the laptop alternates between Nvidia graphic card and Intel's integrated card. Integrated card is what OGL will not work with so when I used Nvidia 100% of the time, my SMART does not crash when I switch to OGL and my runescape switches display in browser when I switch to OGL.

I don't know if this is the case for everyone but thought I would share it in-case someone has the same problem.

Used to happen to me. Updated both the integrated graphics driver (Intel HD 4000) & the Nvidia driver.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Makes sense. OpenGL makes heavy use of your graphics card, and onboard cards are nowhere near as powerful as external ones. Naturally, external cards will have better performance when rendering OpenGL.

Glad you were able to figure this out on your own
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

I got a problem when trying to use Smart manager now that I can use SMART.

I get this:

Exception in Script: Unknown declaration "SRL_Procs" at line 73, column 1

for this line:

SRL_Procs[srl_OnRSUpdate] := @SMARTManager; // On rs update call smartmanager restart

Any ideas what is wrong?

I have these declarations:

{$DEFINE SMARTManager}
    {$DEFINE SMARTManagerRestart}

{$DEFINE SMART}
    {$I SRL-6/SRL.simba}
    {$I sps/lib/sps-rs3.simba}

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

What this did is make the computer use Nvidia Graphic card 100% of the time. You can also go to right click desktop and enter Nvidia control panel and tell your laptop to use graphic card 100% of the time. This fixed the problem. Basically, on energy saving mode the laptop alternates between Nvidia graphic card and Intel's integrated card. Integrated card is what OGL will not work with so when I used Nvidia 100% of the time, my SMART does not crash when I switch to OGL and my runescape switches display in browser when I switch to OGL.
    So i gather you have the integrated one that has that crappy optimus driver stuff. back in the day with the AMD stuff they functioned as 2 different cards (well, processors/whatever) and you had to switch it (or it would do it automatically) but it actually disabled one and swapped the display over. now its 'fancy' and does it on the fly, routing everything through the mobo and only using the actual gfx card for legitimate programs.

lame. but meh.

just imagine this with the word 'innovation'

also, smartmanager no longer works. (well it might, but it has been outdated/not used for like 2 years now, maybe more)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

I got a problem when trying to use Smart manager now that I can use SMART.

I get this:

Exception in Script: Unknown declaration "SRL_Procs" at line 73, column 1

for this line:

SRL_Procs[srl_OnRSUpdate] := @SMARTManager; // On rs update call smartmanager restart

Any ideas what is wrong?

Also getting this error since using SMART:

Exception in Script: Runtime error: "Access violation" at line 184, column 28 in file "C:\Simba\Includes\SRL-6\lib\utilities\types\tbox.simba"
    The following DTMs were not freed: [0]
    The following bitmaps were not freed: [Minimap Mask, SMART Debug Image]
    File[C:\Simba\Includes\SRL-6/logs/SRL log (04-08-14 at 10.34.39 PM).txt] has not been freed in the script, freeing it now.

If smart manager doesn't work then how do you fix the Jagex re-log issue after 6 hours?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Simba Code:
    procedure mainloopetc;
    begin
      if not isLoggedIn then
        players[currentplayer].login();
      doaction1;
      doaction2;
    end;

srl-6 takes care of it when attempting to login. it handles updates and 6hours and... basically everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

I thought opengl was still using cpu mostly. And dx cpu/gpu. safe mode only cpu.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

i have this problem since feb https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108188
    My laptop is >4years old and i don't think i have Nvidia graphic card http://puu.sh/aFv6M/f6c201c107.png
    Is there any way i can fix this?

I've a few other old laptops but different brand (this is Dell, my others are Toshiba and HP), what are the chances that i could possibly swap the graphic card and get it working?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    Simba Code:
    procedure mainloopetc;
    begin
      if not isLoggedIn then
        players[currentplayer].login();
      doaction1;
      doaction2;
    end;

srl-6 takes care of it when attempting to login. it handles updates and 6hours and... basically everything.
    Where do you enter your login info so it knows what to input and do you include that snippet at the top in the main loop?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Where do you enter your login info so it knows what to input and do you include that snippet at the top in the main loop?
    I dont mean to sound crass here, but once you have the coding skills, then worry about the 6 hour client limit. read some tutorials, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

I already took an old out dated script and after reading the mayor's tutorial I edited that script and now it is fail safe and runs until I stop it so that is why now I was trying to figure out how to bypass the 6 hour limit so I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night which I currently do to reset the client.

I have coded in C# for 4 years and php etc for 2 years and java 1 year. I have just never coded in something like simba so I am trying to grasp the syntax since simba is quite different in syntax than java or php or C#.

Looking forward to contribute to the forum once I have finished Mayor's SRL tut.

So far on this script I have got about 100 + botting hours with no fail, only me having to reset client for the limit.

I tried adding this but it just sits at login screen.

with players[0] do
    begin
    loginName := 'myusername';
    displayName := 'mydisplayname';
    nickname := 'Kissan';
    password := 'mypassword';
    end;

if not isLoggedIn then
    players[0].login();

getting Exception in Script: Runtime error: "Access violation"
    Last edited by twirap; 08-05-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Thread Information