Thread: Can someone help me understand what pixel shift is doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Default Can someone help me understand what pixel shift is doing?

I'm curious on how pixel shift works. I don't really know what its for either. If someone could shed some light on this, I'd be very grateful.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

pixelshift is determining how many or what pixels have shifted (changed) between time A and time B.

it can use it for anything that you want to compare. maybe one screen vs another. maybe to check if your inventory is changing. maybe to check if something is happening on screen.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

It basically checks the shift in pixels. If the player standing idle has a pixel rate of 55, and the player cutting a tree has a pixel rate of 130, then the pixelShift is calculated by px2-px1. This basically ``checks'' if the player has done anything, other than be idle.

Of course, this isn't limited to the player, it could be for anything (monsters, objects, inventory, etc!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

So it isn't a process that "catches" gradual pixel color variations to help color driven bots?
    It is, however, only interpreting if a character is performing a different action other than it's idle?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thickfreakness View Post
    So it isn't a process that "catches" gradual pixel color variations to help color driven bots?
    It is, however, only interpreting if a character is performing a different action other than it's idle?
    No, individual colors at a time aren't recorded. It's more the entirety of the colors in the given TBox. And yes, that's the most common use for it.

Thread Information