Thread: thread suggestion

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

Default thread suggestion

So I have a suggestion. When I'm reading a big thread, I sometimes find myself looking back at who the original poster was because I sometimes forget who began the thread after minutes of going through the thread. I'm suggesting the original poster should have something notable when he would post in his own thread. I think this could be pretty useful, others probably think this isn't necessary, but I thought a suggestion wouldn't harm anyone. I don't know if it's actually possible or time consuming to do something like this because I have zero knowledge about website design. In case you don't really know what I'm talking about, I made a little example. So you could for example place 'OP' next to the time of the post, or maybe some kind of symbol or just anything. The following picture is an example of using 'OP' or a symbol, it's pretty ugly but I just wanted to make something clear.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

I'd like to see the forums upgraded in general, I'm sure a mod for this exists for villavu's current or later forum versions. Obviously it would cost money. Depending on how much, I might like to chip in

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    I'd like to see the forums upgraded in general, I'm sure a mod for this exists for villavu's current or later forum versions. Obviously it would cost money. Depending on how much, I might like to chip in
    What would you like to see upgraded? Like the layout or something? Because I actually like the simple style of this forum, but something more advanced would also be welcome.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

I get sensory overload using this site. Things are too big yet the post fonts are too small. The post is important the other stuff is eye candy. Sigs, giant header, etc... use too much space.

A tree of forums on the left would be nice.

I use a poker forum that supports very high volume on a (far too) large number of topics/subforums.

I wouldn't use it as a gold standard or anything but it's very usable with dozens of forums and many users.

two plus two

Also have been having trouble with the ad stream being a litte forceful on popups and trying to auto-install spyware type crap. I'm savvy but I worry about the more naive users.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

I don't mind the layout of this forum, it's simple enough for my tastes... I'm still waiting on that dark theme though.

Thread Information