Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oldest Ban

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Default Oldest Ban

Hey guys, so I was going through some of my old accounts and found my oldest and actually only ban I have ever recived. If was from a autominer that I downloaded from google, which was just an applet which you drag a eye dropper on the rock and it would go to town mining. It wouldn't really drop the ore very consistently so many times I would come back to it after a few hours and it would still be logged in clicking on the rock with a full inventory.

What are the oldest bans that any of you have gotten, and if you can remember, for what type of bot?!
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

oldest ban was from 2k13 sept, 1 year ago. i tried to get 94-99 fletch in one run and dced at 300k before 99...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

After getting 70m hunter exp. Using an epicbot pro script, back when they were free.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Oldest one was for using Sythe's powerminer, which was a really stupid exe bot (but easy and it worked, so hey!). The mute was for saying "youy guys are g a and then a y".
    The macroing major I completely forgot but I did bot a lot around that time, it was probably for killing chickens for 20hours straight. I have no idea about the Manual Permanent Ban, hardly ever played the account around that time..
    Last edited by Markus; 09-25-2014 at 06:28 PM.
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Oldest one was for using Sythe's powerminer, which was a really stupid exe bot (but easy and it worked, so hey!).
    Hah I think that is the one that got me banned also! At least you were able to get it to work, not so much for me...
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

My main accounts been through a lot. I got 20 mutes going back to 2008 too lol. Its cool, you can see the 3 year period where I quit.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Looked it up for this thread, my first main that got banned.

Apparently I can re-appeal lol

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

My oldest ban:

Was botting coal in the guild iirc.

E: Second ban

[

Botting gatestones in dung iirc.
    Last edited by The Mayor; 09-27-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Probably the oldest ban here.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TylerT View Post
    My main accounts been through a lot. I got 20 mutes going back to 2008 too lol. Its cool, you can see the 3 year period where I quit.
    That's so funny that you didn't get perm'd. Yet people get hit with a perm after one time sometimes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    First and only ban was from Last June
    On my Completionist main
    Wtf? Why?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

I can't remember which ban was earlier, but I think both were in 2008.
    But one of them was when cutting yews using a pretty sketchy bot (took 4 days, perm.)
    An other one was when I was using Tasker to train my magic by using Humidify. Took 7 days and left me very close to 94 magic Luckily only a temp. ban. Unfortunately that account got banned permanently later for bug abuse (Barbarian Assault bug)

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

I only got into botting (except for auto clicker) after I saw idungeon on rsbbudy
    My first ban was summer 2k13

just more mutes between those pics ^
    I enjoyed cursing when there was a filter, made me feel like a bad ass

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

I've just tried to find my oldest ban (2006), but it turns out that the e-mail used by that account is also tied to two other accounts, including my main. In fact, thanks to Jagex retardation, I can only access 1 of those 3 accounts, and I can't find any way to access my main or pure. <_<

Does anyone know of another way to get access to an account with shared e-mails? :\

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    I've just tried to find my oldest ban (2006), but it turns out that the e-mail used by that account is also tied to two other accounts, including my main. In fact, thanks to Jagex retardation, I can only access 1 of those 3 accounts, and I can't find any way to access my main or pure. <_<

Does anyone know of another way to get access to an account with shared e-mails? :\
    Since you login with the user name of the account if it was made before 2011 afaik
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Since you login with the user name of the account if it was made before 2011 afaik
    I've tried logging in with account names, it just repeatedly says wrong username/password despite being 100% sure that they're right. Resetting the password using the e-mail resets the password of the main account, but logging in with the e-mail just says "wrong password" because it's a different password to the other account associated with that e-mail.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

I've tried logging in with account names, it just repeatedly says wrong username/password despite being 100% sure that they're right. Resetting the password using the e-mail resets the password of the main account, but logging in with the e-mail just says "wrong password" because it's a different password to the other account associated with that e-mail.
    type your username in & click on "forgot password"

then enter the email

Should work I have an email with a lot of accs attached to it & never had a problem

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Why not?
    I guess getting the ranks were meaningful to me. Went from the bottom to the top 500 or so players in a small amount of time.
    I was nearing 1 bil xp and 3 200m xp skills, I didn't want to stop, but I did take breaks.

Each time I would turn my private to friends, I had friends and others in game ask me how I made the Front Page of Runetracker/Runetrack for most xp in a skill in a day. That probably was a red flag, but I kept going anyway.

Also, I was caught in the first round of the mass ban waves last year; seeing anyone at my rank getting banned before June was very uncommon, there were several like me that got banned for the same reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn View Post
    Wtf? Why?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No Lifer View Post
    type your username in & click on "forgot password"

then enter the email

Should work I have an email with a lot of accs attached to it & never had a problem
    Done that, it sends me an e-mail to change the password, but it always names the main account on the e-mail (first one to use it, I think), and changes the password for it. Trying to log in with teh name, however, tells me that it's a wrong username/password.

I'm actually considering e-mailing Jagex, lol.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Done that, it sends me an e-mail to change the password, but it always names the main account on the e-mail (first one to use it, I think), and changes the password for it. Trying to log in with teh name, however, tells me that it's a wrong username/password.

I'm actually considering e-mailing Jagex, lol.
    odd...I'll try it out myself in like ~2 hours when I get back home(on laptop at uni atm =p ) & letcha know how it goes

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No Lifer View Post
    odd...I'll try it out myself in like ~2 hours when I get back home(on laptop at uni atm =p ) & letcha know how it goes
    Thanks. PM me when you do so we don't derail this thread any further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

I had an account banned in RSC for using an auto-clicker to buy runes from the shop that my older brother set up for me (I was no more than like 6 or 7 at the time haha). I also remember at the time we were on dial-up so my mom would get mad at us for being online for hours and hours. Good old memories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Why not?
    I guess getting the ranks were meaningful to me. Went from the bottom to the top 500 or so players in a small amount of time.
    I was nearing 1 bil xp and 3 200m xp skills, I didn't want to stop, but I did take breaks.

Each time I would turn my private to friends, I had friends and others in game ask me how I made the Front Page of Runetracker/Runetrack for most xp in a skill in a day. That probably was a red flag, but I kept going anyway.

Also, I was caught in the first round of the mass ban waves last year; seeing anyone at my rank getting banned before June was very uncommon, there were several like me that got banned for the same reason.
    With time and money into a comp account I wouldn't risk it in a long shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information