Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ross's Butterflies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Made my account with 1b xp banned today , 200m mage and divination ... Got stuck in barehand black warlock ...

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lendaz View Post
    Made my account with 1b xp banned today , 200m mage and divination ... Got stuck in barehand black warlock ...
    That's awful man, I'm really really sorry to hear that. Where did it get stuck? I don't want this to happen to anyone else.

I have a suspicion that the ban wasn't from warlocks though, it was probably from the Snowy progress report you posted on the last page. I posted on the OP when I published it not to use the Snowy version because it was very bot-like.

Again though, I'm really sorry to hear that and want to make sure I fix the script!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    That's awful man, I'm really really sorry to hear that. Where did it get stuck? I don't want this to happen to anyone else.

I have a suspicion that the ban wasn't from warlocks though, it was probably from the Snowy progress report you posted on the last page. I posted on the OP when I published it not to use the Snowy version because it was very bot-like.

Again though, I'm really sorry to hear that and want to make sure I fix the script!
    I know that was a risk , i could had stop with a 200m divination xp haha , but its the life .The script only recognize when butterflies are in the screen.I woke up and saw the script click all the time in the ooglo village but was a barrier.5 hours doing this and after the update i got banned.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lendaz View Post
    I know that was a risk , i could had stop with a 200m divination xp haha , but its the life .The script only recognize when butterflies are in the screen.I woke up and saw the script click all the time in the ooglo village but was a barrier.5 hours doing this and after the update i got banned.
    I will be adding a failsafe on the next release (very soon).

Thank you for the report and once again I'm really really sorry!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

ruby harvest don't seem to be working properly. Never seems to find any butterflies, even though they're all around. Not sure why

EDIT.... Figured out why, i just changed the colour... like u said in the main post lol. I use this colour one which is working really well '11061187'
    Last edited by nero_dante; 10-16-2014 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

By the way, few ideas..... firstly, perhaps if you could make the bot right click before catching a butterfly that way you can but in a secondary measure to see that your actually clicking a butterfly and not the fairy rings for example. Also, perhaps have the bot look for more than only 1 color, cause they seem to change colour a lot when flying around, when their wings are in differnt places etc. Another idea, is for the bot to right clock on another butterfly while it attempts to catch a butterfly so it can easily get to another one without it always having to run back to the starting position. Lastly, perhaps if when searching for butteflies it moves the camera around so it can look around for more butterflies before returning to the starting position. Cause i feel like returning to the same spot all the time is very bot like. But it does catch the butterflies well and it seems like this bot can go far and I will help out using it until I'm 99 agility and I'm only 82 at the moment. :P

edit. Another idea is when running back to starting position, if it see's a butterfly while running back it will go to catch it instead of continuing to run back until it gets back to starting position.
    Last edited by nero_dante; 10-16-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nero_dante View Post
    By the way, few ideas..... firstly, perhaps if you could make the bot right click before catching a butterfly that way you can but in a secondary measure to see that your actually clicking a butterfly and not the fairy rings for example. Also, perhaps have the bot look for more than only 1 color, cause they seem to change colour a lot when flying around, when their wings are in differnt places etc. Another idea, is for the bot to right clock on another butterfly while it attempts to catch a butterfly so it can easily get to another one without it always having to run back to the starting position. Lastly, perhaps if when searching for butteflies it moves the camera around so it can look around for more butterflies before returning to the starting position. Cause i feel like returning to the same spot all the time is very bot like. But it does catch the butterflies well and it seems like this bot can go far and I will help out using it until I'm 99 agility and I'm only 82 at the moment. :P

edit. Another idea is when running back to starting position, if it see's a butterfly while running back it will go to catch it instead of continuing to run back until it gets back to starting position.

Hi,

First, thank you for the detailed post.

I will be updating the script this weekend (Saturday if I'm not too hungover) to use motion detection instead of colors, so most of those issues will be solved.
    Second, I wouldn't use the script right this moment due to it not having a failsafe if it gets stuck!
    Third, I've been discussing the finding butterfly while waiting and it's an excellent idea. I honestly like yours the best out of all ideas given right now.

The walking back thing won't be able to be implemented due to it using blindwalk, however the camera rotation definitely will be. Thanks again!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Awesome,can't wait to try it out once it's updated

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

v3.0 released!

Now uses motion detection to catch the butterflies. No more dealing with color! Other changes detailed in OP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    v3.0 released!

Now uses motion detection to catch the butterflies. No more dealing with color! Other changes detailed in OP.
    Will check that out right now. I'll post back in like an hour

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

I think you might need to make the bot right click butterflies before catching them. It's just constantly missing all the butterflies when trying to click on them.

Also, stops catching them after like 1 or 2 catches for some reason. Not sure why.

Yeah it catches only 1 butterfly now and then just stays still. I tried restarting client.. still does it, and I re installed client and no change... Tried a different bot and other bots work.
    Last edited by nero_dante; 10-18-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nero_dante View Post
    I think you might need to make the bot right click butterflies before catching them. It's just constantly missing all the butterflies when trying to click on them.

Also, stops catching them after like 1 or 2 catches for some reason. Not sure why.

Yeah it catches only 1 butterfly now and then just stays still. I tried restarting client.. still does it, and I re installed client and no change... Tried a different bot and other bots work.
    That's odd, where are you catching them? I ran it for 15 minutes at all locations earlier. Are you sure you set it up right at the top? The names are different now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Doing at ruby harvests. Nah, i set up properly. Cause it catches the first butterfly properly. but messes up after that one.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

That makes me think that it tries to run back but it can't find its location on the map. All you put for butterfly_type was "ruby", right?

Enable debug and let me know what it says.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

yeah only ruby, and okay I'll put debug on now and check

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

SRL: Logfile = C:\Simba\Includes\SRL-6/logs/SRL log (18-10-14 at 09.40.55 PM).txt
    -- sps.init()
    ---- Path exists (C:\Simba\Includes\SPS\img\runescape_other\WOODLAN D.png)
    ---- Setup area "WOODLAND" in 31ms
    -- sps.init()
    -- setupSRL()
    ---- Setting up SRL...
    ---- initSmart():
    ------ Attempting to pair to a previously spawned client
    ------ smartPairToExistingClient():
    -------- Found 1 free client(s), attempting to pair to one...
    ---------- smartSetAsTarget(): Succesfully set SMART[37636] as Simba's target
    -------- Succesfully paired to a existing client, SMART[37636]
    ------ smartPairToExistingClient(): result = true
    ------ Succesfully initialized via pairing to a previously spawned client
    ---- initSmart()
    ------ smartSetupDrawing(): Succesfully setup SMART drawing
    ---- Waiting up to 5 minutes for RS to load...
    ------ TRSActionBar.__findButton(): Found the actionbar button @ {X = 566, Y = 396}
    ------ TRSActionBar.__find(): result = true (height = 75)
    ------ Dynamic interfaces have been set.
    ---- Client is ready.
    ---- Setup SRL in 0 Seconds
    -- setupSRL(): True
    -- isMouseOverText()
    ---- Current mouse-over text: "Catch Ruby harvest"
    ---- Found "arvest" in mouse-over string: "Catch Ruby harvest"
    -- isMouseOverText(): True
    Catching a butterfly.

That's all it says, nothing after catching butterfly

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

I tried both v2 and v3 and found that v2 was working pretty well at snowy knights/sapphire glacials when v3 was both slower than v2 and buggier since it got stuck at near the path to the upper island. V2 works excellently though, not too concerned with the "bot-likeness" atm since I haven't seen a single soul other than myself at the spot since I had 85 hunter lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Is there anyway I can get ahold of v2.0?

Doesn't release butterflies from jar. (Snowy)
    Overall very slow.

warlock wont work at all for me.

SRL: Logfile = C:\Simba\Includes\SRL-6/logs/SRL log (06-11-14 at 05.28.42 PM).txt
    -- sps.init()
    ---- Path exists (C:\Simba\Includes\SPS\img\runescape_other\JUNGLE. png)
    ---- Setup area "JUNGLE" in 31ms
    -- sps.init()
    Error: Access violation at line 283
    Execution failed.
    The following DTMs were not freed: [0, 1]
    The following bitmaps were not freed: [Minimap Mask, SMART Debug Image, 2]
    File[C:\Simba\Includes\SRL-6/logs/SRL log (06-11-14 at 05.28.42 PM).txt] has not been freed in the script, freeing it now.

EDIT: same error when trying other spots. I am using net and jar
    tried restarting simba / dl new script.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Moved to outdated on request
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information