Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Huge SPS map

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Default WANTED: Huge SPS map

Hi,

I want to release a script that will take a new character to and unlock every F2P lodestone by walking/teleporting (eg, do one's around Burthorpe, lodestone to Lumbridge to grab Al Kharid, etc) but I'm going to need SPS maps of the entire route in order to do it... so, does anyone have an updated map of the entire F2P surface that they'd be willing to share, or am I the first to want it/asking too much? I don't mind making it myself, but if I can save a few hours of time I'm not going to say no.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Incurable; 10-01-2014 at 09:29 AM.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

I don't have the map, but I want the script.
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frement View Post
    I don't have the map, but I want the script.
    Leecher!

I might make one, I'll start now :P

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Howabout a script that takes the screenshots, photoshops them together, and saves them as one big map...

Hmm...
    You could probably revive the old tool that did that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

But wouldn't it take a long time to calculate the position according to The Mayor's tutorial?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor
    However, the bigger you make your map, the longer it takes Simba to calculate where you are, so make your map big enough, but not outrageously big!

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Yes, anything over 500x500 gets too slow imo.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

To get around 500ms calls of get position, you could just make several SPSAreas as opposed to one big map. Doing that might also allow you to not map some areas you would have had to.

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Alright, I've mapped out most of the F2P map,

-- worldmap.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = 762, Y = 1438}, took 4812 ms

Only issue is, when loading a huge map, the time to calculate your position becomes long

This is the map zoomed out 25%

I think your best bet would be to create several smaller maps, load them, walk the path then load the next set of maps up and repeat

I think i'm going to stop my project of mapping the entire f2p place as walking with the map would be horrible (loading time)

Here is the map if anyone wanted to keep working on it/finish it.

http://puu.sh/bVec0/3a893be210.png
    Last edited by Justin; 10-01-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceblow View Post
    But wouldn't it take a long time to calculate the position according to The Mayor's tutorial?
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Yes, anything over 500x500 gets too slow imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    ...]

For a regular script this could be an issue, but IMO a script that will only be run once to unlock lodes I wouldn't care if it took 60 seconds to calc my position

Also nice work @Justin!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

Alright, I've mapped out most of the F2P map,
    Good job, I think this can be helpful for a lot of people that are working on a script and need a map for it, now they just have to slice out the part they need. Maybe you need to make a thread or something because this is really handy.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Also you can scale the map interface to nearly whole screen so it covers huge area. SO you can get less screenshots for the same area. for example in my scripts walking to rune ores tooked like 6 or 7 screenshots only to make a map.

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Good job, I think this can be helpful for a lot of people that are working on a script and need a map for it, now they just have to slice out the part they need. Maybe you need to make a thread or something because this is really handy.
    I'd like to post the completed map, not a half completed map. Maybe one day during the week I might finish it off but no promises to be honest.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Alright, I've mapped out most of the F2P map
    Wow, that's awesome, thank you so much! You really should post a thread, so many people could make use of that.

So, could someone please explain two things to me?

1. Does SPS have to load the map every time it wants to calculate position, hence why a large map is a bad idea?
    2. How would I load a small map, walk it, free it (does it need freeing from memory?), and then load another before continuing?

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    Loading the map I posted takes around 400ms, the reason why (I believe) it takes so long to calculate your position is because it needs to scan every 70x70 box on the map

Simba Code:
    var worldmap: TSPSArea;
    worldmap.setup('SPS_worldmap', RUNESCAPE_OTHER); //loads the "SPS_worldmap" image located in C:\Simba\Includes\SPS\img\runescape_other folder
    worldmap.walkPath([Point(100,100), Point(105,105), Point(130,120)]); //Walks the path using the worldmap SPS map
    Last edited by Justin; 10-02-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

I made this around 1 year ago, so some of it is outdated (clan camp/lumnbridge world event area) but it might be helpful for someone.

It includes the entire F2P map excluding the wilderness.

Also there are no symbols or minimap dots so you don't need to remove them.

Preview:

Full image:
    http://i.imgur.com/5G7fY7B.png

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    1. Does SPS have to load the map every time it wants to calculate position, hence why a large map is a bad idea?
    2. How would I load a small map, walk it, free it (does it need freeing from memory?), and then load another before continuing?
    1. Yes
    2. i dont think you have to free the map, but i have no idea how to do this, although i´ve tried unsuccesfully in the past but was too shy to ask how to do it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    I made this around 1 year ago, so some of it is outdated (clan camp/lumnbridge world event area) but it might be helpful for someone.
    This is also really impressive, good work! I see that you've removed all the symbols, does this make such a difference?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

i was wondering the same thing, since all my SPS maps include symbols and work pretty well!

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Back when the minimap icons were dynamic (would shift positions every time the map chuck was loaded) it did help/make a difference, but since the map icons are now static there really isn't a need to remove them IMO

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Back when the minimap icons were dynamic (would shift positions every time the map chuck was loaded) it did help/make a difference, but since the map icons are now static there really isn't a need to remove them IMO
    Are you sure they're static now? I could swear they're dynamic.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

This is also really impressive, good work! I see that you've removed all the symbols, does this make such a difference?
    It's not that I removed the symbols, it's that they were never captured. This was done with Brandon's OGL plugin that allowed capturing the minimap without symbols or dots.

As for if it makes a difference or not: It does, but not very much of one. For example, if you capture the minimap (with symbols) when your camera is facing north, the symbols will be facing north too. But then when you're using SPS if you're using it at an angle that is not north the symbols will be different relative to the ground.

I do not think it makes very much of a difference though because of the tolerance that SPS allows, because when I was using SPS on legacy (That has the old symbols) I used an SPS map from EOC with the new symbols and it still worked.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undorak7 View Post
    1. Yes
    2. i dont think you have to free the map, but i have no idea how to do this, although i´ve tried unsuccesfully in the past but was too shy to ask how to do it.
    no you dont need to free it really because the map is simply stored as a matrix of values of color.

To improve time performance of justin's map, you could simply decrease the accuracy (make the number larger), as there would be less 'blocks' to compare. this would make it faster, but less reliable. if one were to make a lodestone unlocker, id suggest maps from A->B then B->C, etc. and find the distance between each and what the fastest route would be (but it doesnt have be be continuous as you can simply teleport back to a lodestone you have already unlocked.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

It's not that I removed the symbols, it's that they were never captured. This was done with Brandon's OGL plugin that allowed capturing the minimap without symbols or dots.

As for if it makes a difference or not: It does, but not very much of one. For example, if you capture the minimap (with symbols) when your camera is facing north, the symbols will be facing north too. But then when you're using SPS if you're using it at an angle that is not north the symbols will be different relative to the ground.

I do not think it makes very much of a difference though because of the tolerance that SPS allows, because when I was using SPS on legacy (That has the old symbols) I used an SPS map from EOC with the new symbols and it still worked.
    That makes sense, thanks for the explanation!

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Loading the map I posted takes around 400ms, the reason why (I believe) it takes so long to calculate your position is because it needs to scan every 70x70 box on the map
    Elaborating a bit further: It has to compare the patch against the source image by sliding the patch one pixel at a time (left to right, top to bottom), and at each pixel the whole patch (sub image) has to be compared to each pixel insight based on the current patch position.

Example, imagine that each light-gray square is a pixel in the world map, and the green-ish square is the patch (aka snapshot of your minimap on RS):
    The dark-gray points which are left holds the value of the similarity at that corresponding point.

So given a patch that is 70x70, and a world map that is 1000x1000 we are left with about { 931*931 * 70*70 = } 4,250,000,000 pixel-comparisons if SPS accuracy is set to 1
    Last edited by slacky; 10-02-2014 at 02:02 AM.
    !No priv. messages please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information