Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The new RiD Genesis. (again)

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinki View Post
    I like the users work here, but it isn't appealing to botters who just want to bot and not be banned.
    Really? Simba has, and always will have the lowest ban rates of all RS botting communities. Bot detection has changed a lot since 2013. A script that was once undetectable is now detectable. The few bans that do occur are from scripts that are detectable, and these are usually scripts that people release as they are learning. A well written simba script can run 24/7 without any bans. How do I know this? I have months of evidence.

Why hasn't anyone been banned recently with RiD? Well, that's obvious; RiD has been down for more than a year. If you used RiD as it was in 2013, you'd most likely get banned.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I honestly doubt 16GB of RAM would be enough to create a script of any large size like Slayer or any other large activity.
    This. Genesis looks like it will be successful with simple tasks, but to "calibrate" for dungeoneering, slayer, high level PvM, etc. seems very far fetched. I'll believe it when I see it.

In a way the secrecy bothers me because ultimately the only thing that Jagex can do with completely known source code is watch for patterned behavior, which is cancelled out if biometrics are in play. There's no loss in revealing how RiD works even in layman's terms, even with a lot of specifics. The black box security aspect is only necessary to a certain point.

For Jagex to benefit in any way from leaked RiD source, they would also need the biometric data, which is unique to every user and therefore unobtainable. Even if they made some "DETECT RID" botwatch built by reverse engineering RiD's source, it would be useless.

Here at SRL we are fine with completely published source and no biometric data.

I suppose that leaves potential to lose money as the reason for total secrecy. Shame. Seems like good work.

@footballjds, let's PM sometime over skype.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    If you used RiD as it was in 2013, you'd most likely get banned.
    Ah, yeah, they had gone down due to the RiD Divination bot receiving quite a number of bans. One might say that this was a fluke in the RiD script, which is the exact equivalent of the situation here: well-made simba scripts never receive bans. The one's with mistakes do. A perfect analogy, I think.

E: Oops double post.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Really? Simba has, and always will have the lowest ban rates of all RS botting communities. Bot detection has changed a lot since 2013. A script that was once undetectable is now detectable. The few bans that do occur are from scripts that are detectable, and these are usually scripts that people release as they are learning. A well written simba script can run 24/7 without any bans. How do I know this? I have months of evidence.

Why hasn't anyone been banned recently with RiD? Well, that's obvious; RiD has been down for more than a year. If you used RiD as it was in 2013, you'd most likely get banned.
    As Clarity said, there was a flaw with divi. That flaw was clicking a tree sometimes, which can be easily detected. After that event RiD took down the bots as he believed it wasn't safe enough. The bot alone was in beta, and wasn't suggested to users to use.
    There has only been a max of 100 bans overall in 6 years with RiD. However putting a ban rate on simba is quite hard. I can believe it if you talk about private scrips only, but a public bot including any public scripts for Simba, i'd say it has the second lowest ban rate. I myself have gone through 20 accounts using scripts available here, that ended up being banned. I've had friends use scripts they find here for goldfarming, and they go through 10-15 accounts. You cannot say Simba is the best because it's open-source but then ignore public released scripts when putting a ban rate on said bot program.

RiD has been here since 2008, and 90% of the overall bans with RiD were from the flaw with the divi bot. I myself spent 15 hours a day running the divi bot and I was never caught. I was able to get 99 div in less than a month.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

As Clarity said, there was a flaw with divi. That flaw was clicking a tree sometimes, which can be easily detected. After that event RiD took down the bots as he believed it wasn't safe enough. The bot alone was in beta, and wasn't suggested to users to use.
    There has only been a max of 100 bans overall in 6 years with RiD. However putting a ban rate on simba is quite hard. I can believe it if you talk about private scrips only, but a public bot including any public scripts for Simba, i'd say it has the second lowest ban rate. I myself have gone through 20 accounts using scripts available here, that ended up being banned. I've had friends use scripts they find here for goldfarming, and they go through 10-15 accounts. You cannot say Simba is the best because it's open-source but then ignore public released scripts when putting a ban rate on said bot program.

RiD has been here since 2008, and 90% of the overall bans with RiD were from the flaw with the divi bot. I myself spent 15 hours a day running the divi bot and I was never caught. I was able to get 99 div in less than a month.
    You do know most bans with RiD were covered up by forum mods? There have been WAY more than 100.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    You do know most bans with RiD were covered up by forum mods? There have been WAY more than 100.
    No, they aren't covered up. If RiD has been detectable for awhile and it was all a lie, then there wouldn't be a community. There wouldn't be users who spend money and support him. RiD Bots in 2013 were free, his overall system was in a beta stage as they needed updating. He made all bots free to use, you could still buy Credits but it was free to use bots.

Yes, i'm sure multiple threads were deleted at the time of the Divi ban, however they didn't lie to the community and say there wasn't a problem. There are multiple communities that hate RiD and cannot stand that RiD is a thing, for example the admins and mods at Powerbot would always troll and cause some sort of trouble at RiD. There have been multiple arguments between RiD and Paris, all still in the archives. Point is, there are many people out there that create wrongful threads. Saying they got banned and want a refund, when they haven't used the bot at all. It even shows up next to their name if they've used to bot even once.

If they were trying to hide something, there would have been evidence of it already. Every thread made on the forum is broadcasted in the Chatbox, where the core of the community is, and there is a minimum of 2 people in the chatbox 24/7. If there was a cover up, it would have been found by now. RiD has been going for 6 years now, again if they were hiding something it would have been found by now.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

No, they aren't covered up. If RiD has been detectable for awhile and it was all a lie, then there wouldn't be a community. There wouldn't be users who spend money and support him. RiD Bots in 2013 were free, his overall system was in a beta stage as they needed updating. He made all bots free to use, you could still buy Credits but it was free to use bots.

Yes, i'm sure multiple threads were deleted at the time of the Divi ban, however they didn't lie to the community and say there wasn't a problem. There are multiple communities that hate RiD and cannot stand that RiD is a thing, for example the admins and mods at Powerbot would always troll and cause some sort of trouble at RiD. There have been multiple arguments between RiD and Paris, all still in the archives. Point is, there are many people out there that create wrongful threads. Saying they got banned and want a refund, when they haven't used the bot at all. It even shows up next to their name if they've used to bot even once.

If they were trying to hide something, there would have been evidence of it already. Every thread made on the forum is broadcasted in the Chatbox, where the core of the community is, and there is a minimum of 2 people in the chatbox. If there was a cover up, it would have been found by now. RiD has been going for 6 years now, again if they were hiding something it would have been found by now.
    Even though there was a mass ban (forgot when) That even RID's account was banned in? I highly doubt you'll find many/ if any topics about that anymore...
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Even though there was a mass ban (forgot when) That even RID's account was banned in? I highly doubt you'll find many/ if any topics about that anymore...
    http://www.robotzindisguise.com/foru...nation-18-9-13, http://www.robotzindisguise.com/foru...436-Damn-sucks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

I'm talking about the ban wave around 2012
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Will RiD Genesis be able to handle the 6 hour game session?
    eg: Reloading the client once 6 hours has passed

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

I'm talking about the ban wave around 2012
    That was the "Ban Wave"... it's the largest RiD has ever encountered. If you're talking about the incident where RiD had encountered about 5-10 bans all happening at the same time, he took the bots down, he needed to update them as they were outdated and was indeed detectable. These posts are getting off-topic, so I'm done replying to you on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I'm sure it will, it did previously with his old bots. I'm sure he will have general support for it, as that'd greatly limit session times.

EDIT: Thanks for the fix, apologies for the double post
    Last edited by Justin; 10-13-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Some people on here are so biased towards Simba it completely clouds your judgment. There's so much false information being spread on here it just makes me cringe, by both RiD and villavu members. Shame on you all.

Twinki, please shut up
    We don't need an RiD whiteknight (*cough* Trent *cough*) going on every forum defending our software. It's a lost cause especially when the people you are arguing with have barely used RiD and don't know much about the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Won't be a problem, sir
    Last edited by Aufi; 10-13-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

That was the "Ban Wave"... it's the largest RiD has ever encountered. If you're talking about the incident where RiD had encountered about 5-10 bans all happening at the same time, he took the bots down, he needed to update them as they were outdated and was indeed detectable. These posts are getting off-topic, so I'm done replying to you on this thread.

I'm sure it will, it did previously with his old bots. I'm sure he will have general support for it, as that'd greatly limit session times.
    I'm talking about the ban wave that happened in 2012. Easily 200 people were banned, I was effected my self and a few other people I knew from RID. I'm unable to find any threads about it, I'll try in the morning on waybackarchive.
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    Some people on here are so biased towards Simba it completely clouds your judgment. There's so much false information being spread on here it just makes me cringe, by both RiD and villavu members. Shame on you all.

Twinki, please shut up
    We don't need an RiD whiteknight (*cough* Trent *cough*) going on every forum defending our software. It's a lost cause especially when the people you are arguing with have barely used RiD and don't know much about the program.

What if I told you RID clouds YOUR judgement? Where's the false information? No one here mentioned Simba other than to compare SPS to the landscaper and give a vague speed comparison.. Are we not supposed to compare? How would you know something is good without something else to compare it to? It's called a discussion thread for a reason. Not a bashing thread. I don't see anyone bashing RID.

There's not much to know about a closed sourced program that's still in development with only 2 threads in existence (on the entire interwebs) and a fee requirement to test it. Hence.. "discussion".
    Last edited by Brandon; 10-13-2014 at 10:26 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post

Twinki, please shut up

Won't be a problem, sir
    I realize and appreciate you are trying to mediate two angrily heated groups and prevent ignorance on both sides, but I feel like you betray yourself due to points discussed by Brandon.

Also, personally I am quite familiar with RiD after using it for a long time before discovering SRL. I won't speak for others on that matter, but I don't like being generalized into a blind Simba fanboy category when I'm really trying to informatively compare the two options from years of experience with each.

While certainly this is not a lot compared to the Hero rank and RiD mod levels of experience, I'd like to think this makes me qualified to assess RiD's abilities and uses as a RuneScape bot versus Simba, in addition to knowledge of both RiD and SRL's usage policies and guidelines.

If you were referring to ignorant RiD users who discuss RiD without much knowledge then never mind.

PSA to both sides: Let's stop with the spam accounts? Both SRL and RiD are guilty of it. It makes everyone look stupid, and destroys both sides' arguments in immaturity.
    Last edited by Clarity; 10-13-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

@Brandon and Clarity. My comment was directed towards the people who make dumb claims without any proof, such as mods covering up bans and RiD users trying to teach Simba users how the program works. Very false information being spread everywhere.

RiD himself occasionally deletes threads where people claim to have gotten hammered with RiD. We have records for every user, and most of them have 10 hours spent on the bot and later we discover that these people have used powerbot in the past. These kind of 'RiD got me banned' threads have no validity so we delete them to prevent people getting second thoughts about using RiD. If people legit got banned left and right and we covered it up, it would be a wide known fact by now.

1000 hours, not bad. "I'd like to think this makes me qualified to assess RiD's abilities" I'd say you are definitely experienced enough.

Anyway, I'm not against speculation about how Genesis will work. Discuss it all you want, I don't mind.
    Last edited by Aufi; 10-13-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    People created what? You mean massive companies like Intel and IBM. Not regular people like RID. A single person does not achieve such a feat, described in his posts (in a few months).

1. No programming or scripting required. A regular user doesn't even need knowledge of it (then explain the logical operators?)
    2. Just calibrations required.
    3. There's a GUI for every scenario and glitch that could occur.
    4. There's a landscaper that works so fast with little memory usage.
    5. It detects your positions with no mistakes (anywhere).
    6. To get all these wonderful features, just let it watch you play.
    7. If there is a glitch or mistake or you mis-clicked something while playing, you can patch it through an interface that somehow is designed for such a scenario that you can patch it without coding. You know.. Just time skip the glitch part right? Everything will still run smoothly.
    8. There's a state breaking dispatch system but isn't displayed to the user and requires no coding to modify it.
    9. All of this works in a Java virtual machine and is on par with Reflection & Injection bots.. Hell.. it's faster than Simba's COMPILED code and plugins (SPS) and has all of the above features.. all designed by RID himself. No OpenCV; nothing..
    10. Works for any and EVERY game.

Even IBM Watson required dictionaries to play Jeopardy and was very specific to that game. It even required RE-CALIBRATION to become a medical specialist. We're talking about a regular bot that runs for any game and can run on all computers. Even Matthew Fischer's Starcraft AI isn't as advanced as what RID is describing.. And let me tell you.. that's the most advanced gaming AI on the internet thus far: http://graphics.stanford.edu/~mdfish...terceptor.html and http://graphics.stanford.edu/~mdfisher/GameAIs.html and even then, this AI is GAME SPECIFIC and requires HOOKS. Something RID's bots does NOT have.. RID's bots does not even have Regression learning.. come on.. It's literally described as a recorder. He hasn't even said a word about designing an engine..

I'm going to have to pass on this one. I don't mean any dis-repect to him or anyone.. but I say it how I see it. Let me just say one thing, this bot most likely uses Java's 2D Graphics (AKA WinAPI/X11.. not Direct-X, not OpenGL.. plain old WinAPI/X11).
    You're going to pass on it because you don't believe it's possible? RiD has been thinking about this project for years (before the bots were taken down) and is nearing the final stages of its development. It's understandable that an outsider would be doubtful of what seems like empty claims, but us RiD users trust him, as he's always met (if not exceeded) his claims before. Also, the head of the computer science department at Trent's university has looked at all of the claimed capabilities of Genesis and said he believed it was possible.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Green! View Post
    You're going to pass on it because you don't believe it's possible? RiD has been thinking about this project for years (before the bots were taken down) and is nearing the final stages of its development. It's understandable that an outsider would be doubtful of what seems like empty claims, but us RiD users trust him, as he's always met (if not exceeded) his claims before. Also, the head of the computer science department at Trent's university has looked at all of the claimed capabilities of Genesis and said he believed it was possible.
    stop claiming things until you've seen the end result.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Nobody (including Brandon) said it was impossible. Brandon knows what he's talking about - he teaches computer science at university.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

I can tell you that my college was absolute crap.. but it doesn't mean that it only produces crap programmers. A nice university can still spit out crap students with degrees. I consider a degree a large receipt for the amount of books you buy and work you put in.

I don't need another head of department telling me their beliefs.. What is Trent's university? It doesn't mean anything to me that someone goes to university. I hadn't a degree for many years and when I finally got one, it was just like a receipt telling me that I went and came out with a paper after a couple thousand spent. There's no facts behind what Trent's department head BELIEVES. I am not be the best programmer on villavu or anywhere but I'm not THAT dumb. I don't exactly like programming but I have some knowledge on it.. come on.. give my post some credit? I took game programming you know? I have a background in AI as well (voice recognition, speech to text, etc)..

You can't say it's entirely wrong. RID might have been thinking about it for years but I have dreams too.. Not all of them are going to come true. That's not to say that he is just dreaming big.. It's just saying that I can't see EVERY feature described by you or him being done by him alone. I cannot see it being done for EVERY game. I cannot see it being THAT intelligent. There are big companies out there that struggle with the concepts he's attempting (and he's at a huge disadvanting.. using only image recognition)..

I might be an outsider but is what I said that wrong that it sounds dumb enough to discredit? Why not just point out what I said wrong? You seem to know what RID is all about and how it works and how Java works and various different API's.. There's only 10 points? Discredit each one then.. I'd like to think I'm competent in programming. Sure RID is good but I have doubts about the PROJECT, not his skills. I am fairly certain you guys feel the same way about Simba and Powerbot..

I didn't pass on it because of his skills at all. I passed on it because I absolutely don't believe some of the things I am reading from you AND the posts over there. Point out where I am wrong.. Believe it or not, I did not originate from Simba. I too "discovered" here.. just like you discovered RID.

And I used to teach comp-sci but I haven't in a while now. Now I just do mobile app development (my current job position at a company)
    Last edited by Brandon; 10-14-2014 at 12:54 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I can tell you that my college was absolute crap.. but it doesn't mean that it only produces crap programmers. A nice university can still spit out crap students with degrees. I consider a degree a large receipt for the amount of books you buy and work you put in.

I don't need another head of department telling me their beliefs.. What is Trent's university? It doesn't mean anything to me that someone goes to university. I hadn't a degree for many years and when I finally got one, it was just like a receipt telling me that I went and came out with a paper after a couple thousand spent. There's no facts behind what Trent's department head BELIEVES. I am not be the best programmer on villavu or anywhere but I'm not THAT dumb. I don't exactly like programming but I have some knowledge on it.. come on.. give my post some credit? I took game programming you know? I have a background in AI as well (voice recognition, speech to text, etc)..

You can't say it's entirely wrong. RID might have been thinking about it for years but I have dreams too.. Not all of them are going to come true. That's not to say that he is just dreaming big.. It's just saying that I can't see EVERY feature described by you or him being done by him alone. I cannot see it being done for EVERY game. I cannot see it being THAT intelligent. There are big companies out there that struggle with the concepts he's attempting (and he's at a huge disadvanting.. using only image recognition)..

I might be an outsider but is what I said that wrong that it sounds dumb enough to discredit? Why not just point out what I said wrong? You seem to know what RID is all about and how it works and how Java works and various different API's.. There's only 10 points? Discredit each one then.. I'd like to think I'm competent in programming. Sure RID is good but I have doubts about the PROJECT, not his skills. I am fairly certain you guys feel the same way about Simba and Powerbot..

I didn't pass on it because of his skills at all. I passed on it because I absolutely don't believe some of the things I am reading from you AND the posts over there. Point out where I am wrong.. Believe it or not, I did not originate from Simba. I too "discovered" here.. just like you discovered RID.

And I used to teach comp-sci but I haven't in a while now. Now I just do mobile app development (my current job position at a company)
    I mentioned Trent's professor to show that others in the industry believe it has the potential to be a success. At this point, let's just wait and see. There are more threads and a video on the way, which will tell us more about its capabilities. I'll be sure to let you know how it is upon its release. You are correct that anything until then are merely claims, speculation and hearsay, and I'm not going to try to convince you to believe anything if you choose not to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Yeah this was my thinking (as a vet myself) until I realized it was a waste of money for somewhat increased quality, when everything here is free and ultimately more customizable than genesis. Plus, here you receive incredible, personal education in numerous languages depending on what you choose to pursue here (writing scripts, extensions, modding Simba, web server/live stats creation, etc).

Also, I've some have asked why I've gone quiet on my long term script projects (DG, etc)...I've taken an interest in making some tools after the DTM Generator. Expect free public release of this in a month or so:

While this will automatically add my biometric antiban to generated scripts (entirely designed in GUI), users will have the benefit of seeing the exported script to modify as they please.

Additionally, there will be a tutorial mode that will explain exactly how things are being added to a script when done via Origins.
    The main purpose of this will be to make learning to script less intimidating for newcomers, while at the same time giving shortcut tools to experienced scripters who know everything but cba to write yet another paintProgress or while attempts < 5 do if findColorsSpiralTolerance then etc. procedure.
    Now this is exciting.
    Only the weak surrender.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Its a shame that you are getting so defensive Green!. This is a thread for discussion, yet you seem to be dismissing some very experienced opinions through blind faith.

I'm now getting an understand that if RiD genesis happens it will be ground breaking in more ways than one.

Real time reading of Runescape does seem far fetched though, I wouldn't like to attempt to run two bots on one PC put it that way.
    Only the weak surrender.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

after seeng the christmas date for beta I hope it's amazing due to the amount of time it's taken! I guess I will stay on the fence and wait and see before commenting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

I'm guessin will not be released until the new year. I don't know why but I get the feeling that it will also not come with all the features either.

Supposedly it is on the third draft? I can see more drafts coming with lots of 'Next Gen' Features being removed with a TBA date on them.
    Only the weak surrender.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information