Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The new RiD Genesis. (again)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Default The new RiD Genesis. (again)

Hi guys,

I was following the last thread and was interested in some of the coders and developers views, on here of what exactly RiD is doing with his new bot.

So he now has updated it twice, showing what the interface is going to look like and half explained what it can do.

Links to both parts of the introduction are here:
    http://www.robotzindisguise.com/foru...terface-Part-1
    http://www.robotzindisguise.com/foru...terface-Part-2

Is this majorly revolutionary?

Please keep this thread on point, it's nice to see people who have experience in coding share their views on it, as I haven't the nearest clue to understanding it. So the longer this thread is open the better as I enjoy both bots and communities.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Mar-TINO; 01-23-2015 at 06:11 PM. Reason: So many typos!
    Only the weak surrender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Wow, this is intense.. I would consider this revolutionary yes, if properly executed.
    Thanks for introducing me to more anticipation :S

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

I'm still not impressed.

It's overhyped.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NKN View Post
    I'm still not impressed.

It's overhyped.
    This
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

IIRC, it was stated by one of the guys who came over here that.. and I quote: "You don't need to know programming to use it".. "You won't have to write any code".

I'd love for that guy to explain this:

because that right there.. is practically the heart of programming. I mean, if my mom knew logical and bitwise operations, I'd let her write all my code.

Now to explain one flaw in his "states".. He has:

1. Look for inventory item.
    2. Wait until state change.
    3. Login button.

The flaw is that there is no timeout for waiting on the state change. Something that you'd need to input manually because his interface has no such thing and we all know infinite loops are bad (most of the time).. right?

He has timers but his timers are for doing a task on tick and not for dispatching/breaking a state.

The selling point of his bot is that all the "details" are behind the scenes.. But such a thing does not allow fine-tuning which MANY scripts require.. Even reflection and injection scripts sometimes need a quick fine tune or bug fix.. It seems like you'd have to "re-calibrate" the whole thing if it is buggy.

That brings up the next thing.. What happens when there's a false positive? lol.. I mean.. That "landscaping" algorithm could NEVER be that good. I'd love to see it detect my position in Alkharid desert flawlessly or even in the wild in that place that is ALL snow where you kill that majaratt thing.. The entire minimap is white there. All the same shade. No amount of calibration will give you an exact position there..

Finally, it says that the bot recognises what you do based on what you click.. So I'd love for him to explain how it could capture the entire button outline as well as the icons within them.. because let's be real. That's fake as hell..

Here's what I mean: (Look at state 3)

Now tell me.. how exactly could you get the entire bitmap of the button as well as its bounds based on how a normal player plays and just a few clicks.. The average player clicks NEAR center of the button (purplish part). I really doubt anyone clicks the bluish background around the purple icon.. as well as the brown outline.

Even with a flood-fill, there's no way he can get it that perfect. Can you imagine how slow this bot is? If that landscaping algorithm and all that other non-sense is real, let me tell you.. it's slower than SPS by far. Can you imagine how long calibration would take to get it perfect? Seriously.. it has a "chatbox" recognition, minimap recognition, item recognition, landscape recognition, noise filtering, etc.. and all with perfect tolerances and accuracy.. and not a single thing is hand/hard coded.. I'll believe it when Steve Jobs comes back from the grave..

I could only see this being done with OpenCV.. It'd be faster to write a script yourself than try and calibrate this thing.

All I have to say is.. Good luck to him. I hope it's true but my brain says otherwise.
    Last edited by Brandon; 10-02-2014 at 11:13 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

No offense, but this seems as if its pure speculation.

Like a marketing scheme, and the prices look absurd. Its gonna suck for those who have been buying subscriptions over there recently, because the amount of registered users, paying members, and guests has increased because of all the commotion.

The hype over this has been reaching its peak, with their 'expected' previous release dates never lived to their word.

Its been over 7 months since the first thread here was made, and that got locked 2 weeks ago.

By the time the 'actual' thing probably gets released, RS4, RS5, whatever new version of RS, will probably already be here, making his work obsolete.

Seems way too good to be true, and if it doesn't do what he claims to do, I would hope he's prepared to respond to why he put mislead statements in the first place.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Personally, the only thing that interests me about genesis is the biometric capture, since I'm working on one for Simba. Now I have something to one-up

Apart from that, this seems like a good product, and marketed very well. It's impressive to me that he's managed to keep people on his community waiting for over a year. He has a solid handle on the demographic uninterested in learning but just forking over cash to level their character. They can claim no bans have ever occurred, which attracts anyone not in the know about scripting and the general botting scene.

I was one of the people, previously sucked into his financial credits model, but unwilling to wait, and so I discovered SRL, and learned how to script. I now have come to understand that RiD was basically a thorough, RuneScape specific, well-marketed version of Simba and SRL, with biometrics. Now I am sucked into a free model

Genesis is the same, with added customization, to the point where it's almost a GUI for making a simba script (like if we had "Add Function" and "Add variable" buttons). Sort of what @Brandon was saying...it seems easier to me to just script rather than deal with this interface and have to pay for it.

If it was free then I still might not use it simply because I like being in complete control of what my script does, antiban wise and activity wise.

I mean no disrespect to RiD and wish him success with his product that he clearly has invested a lot of time into. I am sad, however, that this will suck in a ton of people's money while taking away their motivation to learn scripting entirely. But some people truly don't care for that, to each their own.
    Last edited by Clarity; 10-02-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Regarding not the " not knowing how to script se section", I couldn't agree more.

I've heard a few people over there saying this bot will be pretty much human. If what you are saying is true is it even possible?
    Only the weak surrender.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BottingFTW View Post
    Regarding not the " not knowing how to script se section", I couldn't agree more.

I've heard a few people over there saying this bot will be pretty much human. If what you are saying is true is it even possible?
    That's what biometric capture is. Every person has their own fingerprint when using a mouse or keyboard. Next-gen security is taking this direction as well. It's very possible, existing currently in a lot of non-botting related software and research projects. I'm developing it for Simba, because once this sort of thing is implemented, botting becomes truly undetectable apart from inhuman playing times and perhaps detecting clients, which are easily fixed by the user (browser botting and limiting usage).

And if we really want to be squeaky clean perfect, spoofing a USB mouse driver or something instead of sendInput.

Frequently I get a response on this project like I'm going overkill on antiban, but I say to that...why not just go all the way, if we can, and we have nothing to lose other than defense against any Botwatch system Jagex may update in the future?
    Last edited by Clarity; 10-02-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

Guys I don't want to brag or anything, but I think I just understood like 95% of one of Brandon's posts..

Am I getting smarter?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Guys I don't want to brag or anything, but I think I just understood like 95% of one of Brandon's posts..

Am I getting smarter?
    Welcome to the big leagues.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Am I getting smarter?
    brandon posts = impossible.

you are smart my friend, way smarter than us (them common memberz)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Wow, thorough breakdown on the marketing scheme they have going here guys.
    Thankyou for enlightening us with the facts Brandon.

As for the Biometrics ordeal, that sounds like an extremely complex concept to produce Clarity. It still amazes me what some of you are capable of achieving in simply botting this old game. It reminds me of the beginning of reinet and how OCR's opened up the possibility of afk botting again in rsc. Or when shell clients came about and allowed the first bot army's. All to eventually come back to color, back to SCAR. Sure it was shite compare to AR, but it definitely goes to show how far it's come. I will always be impressed by each of the developers involved here and on other projects ambition and drive. Keep it up guys, there has always been a few of us that came back just to look in awe and dabble.
    Last edited by plache; 10-03-2014 at 01:19 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    They can claim no bans have ever occurred
    Well they could claim that but it would be a false. On a related note, I could I claim that I'm a JMod. I'm not, but I don't need to be to claim it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Am I getting smarter?
    I understood it too! Truly we are among the elite now! ;P

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Looks like it might be too simple to actually develop anything useful.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

RiD to villavu is like apple to android.

marketing vs quality basically

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

While the guys wait for RiD , i got my second 200m xp in villavu ! Thnx bye

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lendaz View Post
    While the guys wait for RiD , i got my second 200m xp in villavu ! Thnx bye
    +1, working on my second 200m right now

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

If you have to do that many clicks and construct states you might as well just write a normal script..
    A while ago I worked on a "Smart" Tasker that "records" your clicks and build states based on that. I have yet to finish it but the state recording worked pretty well (reflection).

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

It still won't be as good as a good Simba private script running in the browser, Because there will be thousands of people doing similar movements and using the default (free) bots on RID.

I have to admit that I did use an RID bot to get my fishing above 65 on OSRS in early 2013, but I switched to Simba because I like the security of being able to see what exactly is in the script i'm running and have the ability to edit something if I believe it is somewhat dodgy (bannable)

Maybe if this turns out to be so good that Jagex can't ban anyone running it, they will just try to sue RID for all they've (he's?) got, like they did with powerbot

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

I'd like to see how it can "calibrate" a MSI-style script, or anything more complicated than a "chopper-dropper". It looks like you might be able to record yourself power-mining, or (if you're lucky) walking to a bank, but I doubt you can "record" a script that completes 10 different skills, transverses 6-7 different lodestones, 15 different walking paths, 7 different banks, supports player switching, custom breaks, custom world selection, live stats tracking, mule trading, grand exchange navigation, no ridiculous GUIs, AIO l33tness, 100% colour and 100% free. GG.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    I'd like to see how it can "calibrate" a MSI-style script, or anything more complicated than a "chopper-dropper". It looks like you might be able to record yourself power-mining, or (if you're lucky) walking to a bank, but I doubt you can "record" a script that completes 10 different skills, transverses 6-7 different lodestones, 15 different walking paths, 7 different banks, supports player switching, custom breaks, custom world selection, live stats tracking, mule trading, grand exchange navigation, no ridiculous GUIs, AIO l33tness, 100% colour and 100% free. GG.
    That sounds like mayorAIOgoldfarmer

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Congratulations to the RiD team on their bare-bones AIO Powerskill script release

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information