Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Default Fastest Bot Competition

Fastest Bot Competition [Juniors (and Registered) Edition]

Entry is open to:

• Registered users
    • SRL Junior members

Note: SRL Members and above are not eligible

Post on the thread if you would like to enter. Scripts are due on the 12th of January 2015

Prize:

• A total prize pool of 200m RS3 GP will be given out (possibly more)
    • 1st: 100m; 2nd: 60m; 3rd: 40m;
    • Increased e-peen and respect at the oldest surviving RS botting community
    • Members will look favorably upon you if you ever apply for SRL Member
    • You will get the sought after SRL Competition Cup (only a handful of people have this)
    • You will also have the right to say that you are the ONLY person to ever win a speed bot competition here on these forums.

I am currently putting up 200m for this competition, I believe more may be incoming, at which point further positions, and higher awards may be given out.

Script Guidelines:
    • It must chop logs (the level 1 kind)
    • It uses SRL6
    • It banks said logs
    • You haven't already released the script
    • Trading with other accounts is disallowed.
    • I highly recommend testing at least once as there a number of nuances in the low level range (like that magical lvl 10 ad box)
    • In the event of a tie, the winner will be the account with more logs currently in inventory. If even that is a tie, then each script will get another shot for a tiebreaker.

Script quality is not a concern. The winning positions are entirely based on how many logs are banked within one hour! This is the perfect beginner's competition as the only grading criteria is the logs banked within a single one hour runtime (as ran by myself or NKN on fresh Level 1 accounts).

What the account is allowed to have before script runs:
    • Lodestones
    • A pre-designated starting position (just mention it in the PM when you submit the script)

Myself and @NKN; will be judging all entries. PM your script to myself or NKN before the due date. Results will be released within one week of the competition closing. (Credits to Mayor for format of this thread)

Can you get help:

Yes you can! If you need help with your code, or have any questions, post them in the RS3 help section.

If you simply want to learn some of the basics to scripting today, then feel free to read away here:

Entrants:

Good Luck!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

Yay another competition not for me.
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frement View Post
    Yay another competition not for me.
    There was supposed to be one for members too but the judging squad kind've went dark on me and Kevin

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Awesome!

From experience with the previous competition, may I suggest that you include a starting position requirement since it is a race and races have defined beginnings and ends.

Good luck to all entrants, I look forward to seeing the scripts!

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Add a requirement: Math must be correct. Also if one script cuts more logs than another but they bank the same amount are you going with the one that cuts more?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    Awesome!

From experience with the previous competition, may I suggest that you include a starting position requirement since it is a race and races have defined beginnings and ends.

Good luck to all entrants, I look forward to seeing the scripts!
    But that's part of the challenge. If someone chooses a busy log cutting location because it's closer, then they need to compete with other woodcutter bots (not others in the competition those as each will be run separately). But if they choose a less botted area with slightly more walking, then they may win. It's partly encouraging script design through that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Add a requirement: Math must be correct. Also if one script cuts more logs than another but they bank the same amount are you going with the one that cuts more?
    The one that has more in its inventory in that situation would win.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Ninjad

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Note: SRL Members and above are not eligible

discrimination here.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Ok i am in.

Got questions: Is changing spot allowed? For example i get lvl 15 at one spot then go to another one and at lvl 25 for example to another? Or it all should be at one spot? Can i add worldhopping to CERTAIN world if its crowded? Can script use another charachter as scout ? About hatchet changing is it allowed to have them in bank or do i need run to ge, or no hatchets change?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cosmasjdz View Post
    Ok i am in.

Got question is changing spot allowed? For example i get lvl 15 at one spot then go to another one and at lvl 25 for example to another? Or it all should be at one spot?
    Watch out, boys, this guy is thinking.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Ok i am in.

Got questions: Is changing spot allowed? For example i get lvl 15 at one spot then go to another one and at lvl 25 for example to another? Or it all should be at one spot? Can i add worldhopping to CERTAIN world if its crowded? Can script use another charachter as scout ? About hatchet changing is it allowed to have them in bank or do i need run to ge, or no hatchets change?
    You've only got 1 hour, I wouldn't waste any of it on useless stuff

Nice thread layout Kevin

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Ok i am in.

Changing spots is perfectly allowed, so long as the script can handle it - keep in mind it will only be run for 1 hour. As for worldhopping, that is also allowed, although I recommend simply starting on a low crowded world (pre-determined country based worlds tend to be low population, and you can always sort the worlds by population before you login). Technically, if you want to program in a method to go sell the logs that you cut to buy a new hatchet, that is allowed. But again, keep in mind, the script will only be run for one hour, and that type of work may take longer than it's worth (although, maybe it is worth it, I dunno the math to that offhand and that's why it is allowed).

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Changing spots is perfectly allowed, so long as the script can handle it - keep in mind it will only be run for 1 hour. As for worldhopping, that is also allowed, although I recommend simply starting on a low crowded world (pre-determined country based worlds tend to be low population, and you can always sort the worlds by population before you login). Technically, if you want to program in a method to go sell the logs that you cut to buy a new hatchet, that is allowed. But again, keep in mind, the script will only be run for one hour, and that type of work may take longer than it's worth (although, maybe it is worth it, I dunno the math to that offhand and that's why it is allowed).
    Well i used to get my dragon bots 30 wc by hand, manually it tooked around 50 minutes each, i think i got some good strategy For ge since hatchets are hard to buy i need to overpay alot to get them instantly but there is very significant increase in performance so may pay off. Anyways going to think of various solutions, and maybe will take some nice but unstable ones, going to ge might be that unstable one.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

what about killing goblins for a steel/iron hatchet?

or what if a random user just trades the person a better hatchet?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    what about killing goblins for a steel/iron hatchet?

or what if a random user just trades the person a better hatchet?
    Well, we can read the file just fine to determine if it's a random user or not, but I suppose if it truly is a random and you have code to automatically accept all trades... Sure. Noting that I have no intention of letting people know when I run their accounts.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Well, we can read the file just fine to determine if it's a random user or not, but I suppose if it truly is a random and you have code to automatically accept all trades... Sure. Noting that I have no intention of letting people know when I run their accounts.
    I assumed everyone would just start with a rune hatchet since you're using your test account to judge?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    I assumed everyone would just start with a rune hatchet since you're using your test account to judge?
    No, pre-existing test account
    This is the perfect beginner's competition as the only grading criteria is the logs banked within a single one hour runtime (as ran by myself or NKN on fresh Level 1 accounts).[/INDENT]

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Doesn't look like a part of the rules. I would assume bronze pickaxe from toolbelt since they're fresh accounts.

Edit: Kevin beat me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Doesn't look like a part of the rules. I would assume bronze pickaxe from toolbelt since they're fresh accounts.

Edit: Kevin beat me.
    I wouldn't use a pickaxe tbh.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    I wouldn't use a pickaxe tbh.
    I think you're right. Maybe for tree stumps!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

I'd like in on this action please. =)
    do we send them the day before the deadline or once we're finished ?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GRIM View Post
    I'd like in on this action please. =)
    do we send them the day before the deadline or once we're finished ?
    With this kind of a competition, I'd suggest you use all the time you can to optimize the script
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frement View Post
    With this kind of a competition, I'd suggest you use all the time you can to optimize the script
    Oh trust me that's the idea, hoping to make this my A+ for a debut here
    Also perfecting this will run smooth within another script i've been working on

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

Perfect timing for that thing i was supposed to be doing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information