Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Priffdinas SPS Map

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Actually i'm a retard... It DOES ignore 0.. A comment would have been nice marpis.

https://github.com/SRL/SPS/blob/mast...ce/sps.lpr#L31
    Yup. That's what I meant. It's worse though. You can't just ignore alpha channel (all the time.. Only sometimes/most of the time) due to blending.

For example a colour of 255 (red) with an alpha of 128 would cause the red to blend with whatever is behind it and also be lighter than a red with 255 alpha. Ignoring the alpha channel complete disregards this and treats a half red tone as full red. In this example. Thankfully we haven't seen such a problem yet (because Simba receives already processed images).. But yeah the black colour being treated as transparent is quite annoying at times (0 vs. 65535).
    Last edited by Brandon; 11-12-2014 at 04:12 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Here's the map if you want one. Made with Brandon's OGL hook plugin, so it's OGL colours. Also I think the forum layout cuts off the image if it needs to so click open in new tab to see the full one.

<snip>
    Thank you for this, definitely going to try to see if this makes my elf thiever work better.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    Thank you for this, definitely going to try to see if this makes my elf thiever work better.
    Hey wanna show me what you have for your elf thiever? I'm going to write one and it would be interesting to see how you're doing it. I can not use your code if you want.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Makes perfect sense. SPS ignores black as it's the default transparent colour. For example, when we used to make 512x512 maps, we always set parts we wanted to ignore to black. Even the current fonts work like that.. All of TmufasaBitmaps are written with the alpha channel completely removed and black used instead.

In OpenGL, black is 65535 and in Direct-X, it is either 0 or the alpha channel is 0 with the background being black instead.
    @Brandon
    What happens if I create a map using OpenGL with lots of blacks and try to use that as SPS base in DirectX?
    Tbh it seems to work just fine? Getting about 75-80% minMatchPercents?

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    @Brandon
    What happens if I create a map using OpenGL with lots of blacks and try to use that as SPS base in DirectX?
    Tbh it seems to work just fine? Getting about 75-80% minMatchPercents?

It'll work fine yes. Colours in OpenGL are only slightly different from those in Direct-X due to the way the shaders process things. Just remember to use tolerances and that's about it.

Black is the only colour I have come across that posed an issue at the time.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information