Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Priffdinas SPS Map

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Default Priffdinas SPS Map

Does anyone have an SPS map of priffdinas?

I want to make a thieving script, so I tried making an SPS map. It didn't turn out well. Does anyone have a better one?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomTuff View Post
    Does anyone have an SPS map of priffdinas?

I want to make a thieving script, so I tried making an SPS map. It didn't turn out well. Does anyone have a better one?
    you should really improve your SPS abillities m8!

Have you tried enlarging the map to the biggest possible? that will reduce a lot the quantity of images you have to paste

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    It looks like each square is maximum minimap size. Didn't Brandon or someone have a program that spliced together minimap images perfectly via OGL?
    Brandon and @Frement both used to have one and from conversations with them, both have lost the source code. If anyone else had something like this it would make life so much better though.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    Brandon and @Frement both used to have one and from conversations with them, both have lost the source code. If anyone else had something like this it would make life so much better though.
    I used something that Brandon made awhile ago when I made a map for all of F2P, I'll see if I stil have it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman88 View Post
    I blame the blackness
    That may have something to do with it. However, a big part is that when the new minimap chunks are loaded, some of them just plain didn't line up at all. It seems like Jagex has implemented some variance into minimap rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    Agreed! Someone go back in time and find the code please!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

i suppose since you are a SRL member you've done all of this but well, ill just say it anyways:

1)have you tried relogging to make different screenshots of the same minimap? since it changes everytime you log in, you can take 3 or 4 of each part and see which merge better with which one.. hell of a work though! ...

2)do you have SPSAnyangle := true; ? i've noticed that this , when you have a low quality SPS map or hard area, breaks sps sometimes, or at least that happens in my toads script. If you do, try using SPS.debug since in my case, it would find my positions but then when i used it on the script it failed finding my position accurately.

3)Have you tried fiddling with the settings ? TOL, ACCURACCY and MIN MATCH PERCENT?

4)Maybe try erasing dots and symbols?

and yeah, blackness tends to screw up sps maps in my experience.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undorak7 View Post
    i suppose since you are a SRL member you've done all of this but well, ill just say it anyways:

1)have you tried relogging to make different screenshots of the same minimap? since it changes everytime you log in, you can take 3 or 4 of each part and see which merge better with which one.. hell of a work though! ...

2)do you have SPSAnyangle := true; ? i've noticed that this , when you have a low quality SPS map or hard area, breaks sps sometimes, or at least that happens in my toads script. If you do, try using SPS.debug since in my case, it would find my positions but then when i used it on the script it failed finding my position accurately.

3)Have you tried fiddling with the settings ? TOL, ACCURACCY and MIN MATCH PERCENT?

4)Maybe try erasing dots and symbols?

and yeah, blackness tends to screw up sps maps in my experience.
    I haven't bothered actually doing anything with sps itself, since the map is so bad. I didn't think about relogging several times to try and get good matches, it just seems like too much work.

Anyways, I had another idea. Could I potentially have maybe 4 or 5 sps maps for my script and determine which one I'm in in some other way? Just a thought. sps.getplayerpos returns [-1, -1] if the function doesn't determine a position, so I could use that.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

I haven't bothered actually doing anything with sps itself, since the map is so bad. I didn't think about relogging several times to try and get good matches, it just seems like too much work.

Anyways, I had another idea. Could I potentially have maybe 4 or 5 sps maps for my script and determine which one I'm in in some other way? Just a thought. sps.getplayerpos returns [-1, -1] if the function doesn't determine a position, so I could use that.
    i suppose its possible.. if sps [-1, -1] then change map.

you could look at incurable's lodestone unlocker (which has multiple sps maps)

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

If I get time tonight when I get home I'll see if I can get a working map for you

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

That map has color 0. It von't vork!! Unless someone makes a workaround... @Olly; ? It will get super confused by the 0. With the current state of SPS, you will need to make the map while in OGL mode (so it won't be color 0). And you will need to test it/run it while in OGL mode as well. Go ahead and test a map made in OGL mode. You will see that it debugs fine while you are in OGL mode, but if you switch graphics to DX with the same map, it won't work.

I'm not sure if SPS is just ignoring color 0 or what, but @Brandon; helped me figure out that was the issue with my other script which had black in the MM

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

That map has color 0. It von't vork!! Unless someone makes a workaround... @Olly; ? It will get super confused by the 0. With the current state of SPS, you will need to make the map while in OGL mode (so it won't be color 0). And you will need to test it/run it while in OGL mode as well. Go ahead and test a map made in OGL mode. You will see that it debugs fine while you are in OGL mode, but if you switch graphics to DX with the same map, it won't work.

I'm not sure if SPS is just ignoring color 0 or what, but @Brandon; helped me figure out that was the issue with my other script which had black in the MM
    That makes no sense, SPS does not (and have never) ignored any color. What's the color of black on both graphic modes, maybe we calc some super high tolerance between them?

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    That makes no sense, SPS does not (and have never) ignored any color. What's the color of black on both graphic modes, maybe we calc some super high tolerance between them?
    DX it's 0. On OGL I think it's a range, but usually never 0 (very rare cases it will be 0). You can go test out my gnome agility script. try debuging your position while upstairs in DX mode, won't work. Switch to OGL mode, works fine.

Edit: @Brandon; showed me a pic debugging that color 0 came up as transparent or something crazy like that. Let me see if i can find, edit2:
    found out why it doesn't work in dx
    [6/13/2014 10:35:14 PM] Brandon T: http://i.imgur.com/0YYUkV1.png
    [6/13/2014 10:35:25 PM] Brandon T: that's what happens if you draw the directx map onto the client
    Last edited by Ashaman88; 11-12-2014 at 03:11 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

DX it's 0. On OGL I think it's a range, but usually never 0 (very rare cases it will be 0). You can go test out my gnome agility script. try debuging your position while upstairs in DX mode, won't work. Switch to OGL mode, works fine.

Edit: @Brandon; showed me a pic debugging that color 0 came up as transparent or something crazy like that. Let me see if i can find, edit2:
    That's a result of how Simba handles bitmaps. In TMufasaBitmaps, 0 is treated as transparency. SPS uses TMufasaBitmaps.

Also, I just made another crack at the map right before reading what you guys said about not using DX. Could I just convert each pixel of color 0 to like color 1?
    Last edited by TomTuff; 11-12-2014 at 03:20 AM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Makes perfect sense. SPS ignores black as it's the default transparent colour. For example, when we used to make 512x512 maps, we always set parts we wanted to ignore to black. Even the current fonts work like that.. All of TmufasaBitmaps are written with the alpha channel completely removed and black used instead.

In OpenGL, black is 65535 and in Direct-X, it is either 0 or the alpha channel is 0 with the background being black instead.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Makes perfect sense. SPS ignores black as it's the default transparent colour. For example, when we used to make 512x512 maps, we always set parts we wanted to ignore to black. Even the current fonts work like that.. All of TmufasaBitmaps are written with the alpha channel completely removed and black used instead.

In OpenGL, black is 65535 and in Direct-X, it is either 0 or the alpha channel is 0 with the background being black instead.
    SPS is creating its matrices....

Simba Code:
    begin
      C := bmp.fastGetPixel(x, y);
      ColorToRGB(C, R, G, B);

Res[0] := Res[0] + R;
      Res[1] := Res[1] + G;
      Res[2] := Res[2] + B;
    end;

If (x, y) is the "transparent color" it will return 0.. which is no different if the transparent color was 255.
    Try it, this whole bitmap is "transparent"

Simba Code:
    var
      Bitmap: TMufasaBitmap;
    begin
      Bitmap.Init();
      Bitmap.SetSize(5, 5);
      Writeln(Bitmap.GetPixel(1, 1));
      Bitmap.Free();
    end;

I will try SPS though.. since something is clearly wrong.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Well, for what it's worth, the new map I made and posted above works with the following sps settings

Simba Code:
    sps.setup('priff', RUNESCAPE_OTHER, 4, 800.0, 0.15);

This is with directx and the black color on the map being 0 by the way. So yeah.

Thanks for the help everyone, feel free to discuss the inner workings of sps though!

E: Well actually I'm using this image. I had to make it a png.
    Last edited by TomTuff; 11-12-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Not sure what the problem is yet... But if anyone wants their maps to work on both graphics just throw this in your script:

Simba Code:
    function SPS_GatherMinimap(const rotated: boolean; const deg: extended): TMufasaBitmap; override;
    begin
      Result := inherited(rotated, deg);
      Result.ReplaceColor(0, 1);
    end;

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Actually i'm a retard... It DOES ignore 0.. A comment would have been nice marpis.

https://github.com/SRL/SPS/blob/mast...ce/sps.lpr#L31

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Here's the map if you want one. Made with Brandon's OGL hook plugin, so it's OGL colours. Also I think the forum layout cuts off the image if it needs to so click open in new tab to see the full one.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Actually i'm a retard... It DOES ignore 0.. A comment would have been nice marpis.

https://github.com/SRL/SPS/blob/mast...ce/sps.lpr#L31
    Double post! Infraction! Thanks for looking into it Olly. Oddly enough though, my map still works - and it was made with and uses directX, so the black color is 0. It only worked once I lowered the minmatch percentage though.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Here's the map if you want one. Made with Brandon's OGL hook plugin, so it's OGL colours. Also I think the forum layout cuts off the image if it needs to so click open in new tab to see the full one.

<snip>
    The only reason I'm opposed to using OpenGL is because I always get this bug on runescape where the minimap doesn't load in OpenGL.

Can you post the tool? It would be nice to have.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Double post! Infraction! Thanks for looking into it Olly. Oddly enough though, my map still works - and it was made with and uses directX, so the black color is 0. It only worked once I lowered the minmatch percentage though.

The only reason I'm opposed to using OpenGL is because I always get this bug on runescape where the minimap doesn't load in OpenGL.

Can you post the tool? It would be nice to have.
    This is Brandon's thread where you can get the most recent version of what I used https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104932

And the script to save the minimap as an image (Olly or Brandon may have written this, I don't remember)
    Simba Code:
    program new;
    {$DEFINE SMART}
    {$i GLX\Setup.simba}

var
      S : TSmart;

begin
      SetupGLX(S, 800, 600);
      glDebug(GL_DEBUG_MODE.GL_MODE_Models, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 960, 640);
      SaveBitmap(GL_MapToImage, 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop' + '\map' + ToStr(Random(10000000)) + '.bmp');
    end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information