Thread: Hide your stats! [From the Nov. 17th Update]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

Default Hide your stats! [From the Nov. 17th Update]

In the recent update Jagex made it so you can examine other players, that's not so great for our bots.

Change your "My Examine Settings" to something like this:

Make sure you check the privacy box so they cant see your stats..

If someone examined one of my bots and saw this,

They would definitely report it.

Hope that helps you guys!

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Pures exist technically, although skills tend to get some balance

I personally won't use the hide functionality and instead will continue as I do today: running several activities to balance xp gains

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

This is true with a lot of my accounts XD thanks for letting me know!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    If they really wanted to look at your stats though, couldn't they just do a hiscore lookup?
    Still good to be as private as possible.
    True, but a majority of players won't do this as it's kind of inconveniant. It's way easier to just right click a player in a world and look at his/her stats instead of opening a new tab/window and looking up highschores. I suppose if a player was dedicated to finding out if you were a bot or not they would look up your stats on highschores, but in most cases, that won't be the case.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

Is that how people go about thinking you're a bot? Can't we just call that a pure or something?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

Thanks mate! I love this feature.
    Also I feel like using the "Do not disturb" is a yellow flag for suspicions.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akarigar View Post
    Is that how people go about thinking you're a bot? Can't we just call that a pure or something?
    Well, most of the posts on reddit about bots that I saw were green dragon / black demon bots with high combat stats and 1 everything else... it's a pretty giant giveaway. I, myself, found a few obvious botters at those demons (confirmed by tagging demons that they killed for me) with 90+ combat stats and 1 everything else.

As far as I know, pures tend to have a lot of 1s as well; however, at least 1 or 2 skills other than combat will probably be respectable (fishing/hunter/wc/mining/hunt) because usually people have at least one skill that they use for moneymaking/the lulz, not to mention the fact that if you call a pure a botter he will tell you to eat shit instead of kill the monster you tagged for you :P

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    Well, most of the posts on reddit about bots that I saw were green dragon / black demon bots with high combat stats and 1 everything else... it's a pretty giant giveaway. I, myself, found a few obvious botters at those demons (confirmed by tagging demons that they killed for me) with 90+ combat stats and 1 everything else.
    Ah, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    As far as I know, pures tend to have a lot of 1s as well; however, at least 1 or 2 skills other than combat will probably be respectable (fishing/hunter/wc/mining/hunt) because usually people have at least one skill that they use for moneymaking/the lulz, not to mention the fact that if you call a pure a botter he will tell you to eat shit instead of kill the monster you tagged for you :P
    Well, I guess we need to make our bots be able to do this!

Thread Information