50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Default 3Garrett3's Merchant Aid

3Garrett3's Merchant Aid
    Current Version: July 2020
    Last Update: July 8, 2020

Features
    • Recommends items which are good to invest in based on the Top 100 traded items.
    • Extremely customizable to suit investor risk appetite.
    • Expected profits are ~1-2% of invested cash per day (Ex. 1-2M per day on 100M investment)
    • Can manually blacklist items which are not worth trading. A suggested blacklist is included.
    • Filters members vs. non members items. Only recommends p2p items to members accounts.
    • Can be used to back check what profits you *could* have had over the last X days.
    • Saves all results in a .INI file

Script Setup
    • Download the script. Download SRL 6.9 from GitHub (ask on Discord if you need a link). SRL is used for array functions that are not Simba standard.
    • Go to this link and save the file as ge_limits.json in your scripts folder (same folder as the script).
    • Change any settings in lines 10-27.
    • If desired, change the settings in lines 31-44.
    • Press start. Initial startup takes ~5 minutes because it has to grab prices for 100 items from the RS website.
    • The script will print out buy/sell recommendations for the day. If you set saveDebug to True at line 43 then it will save the recommendations in a file.

Settings Explanation
    • isMember: Are you a Runescape P2P Member? It will only recommend P2P purchases for P2P players.
    • BuyPercentage: How many percent of your money are you willing to spend on one item? A lower number will reduce your risk, but higher values *may* increase profit.
    • StartCash: How much money are you starting with? After running the first time, the script will keep track of how much money you have spent and will save it to the INI file for the next use.
    • Backcheck Settings: This feature allows you to test the script against historical data. It will tell you how much profit you would have made over the amount of days specified.
    • Blacklist Settings: This feature allows you to prevent recommendations for items which do not change price. The default setting is false, because this lowers the profit slightly. The default list contains items which are historically not very profitable.
    • Algorithm Settings: The algorithms are used to determine which items are good buys and which are good sells. Current settings are used for short term trading (on average sells an item within a week of buying it). You can increase the settings if you desire long term trading. I suggest backchecking all new settings before actually investing. Default settings are the highest profit achieved over 500,000 iterations.
    • Sorting Settings: These settings are used to refine the list of items which are recommended to be bought. They detect price volatility and historic "scores" to determine which items are likely to make the most profit. The default settings were found to yield the highest profit in 500,000 iterations.

Limitations
    • RS only provides data for 160 days. Therefore back checking can not be run with more than 160 days.
    • This script cannot see the future. Expect ~50-60% of the trades will make money, ~30% will break even, and ~10-20% will lose money.
    • RS limits requests for prices. Changing the script from backchecking to not backchecking will force it to re-grab prices. Do not continually change this setting or you may cap out on price requests.

Version History
    • Alpha - First Public Release
    • Alpha Fix 1 - RSWiki Changed how they displayed trade limits
    • July 2020 - Changed to OSRS Merchant Aid and updated to work with Simba 1.4

Credits!
    This script would certainly not exist without the help and support of @Incurable, who has put up with me for 2 months while making this.
    HUGE thank you to @slacky for his inspiration with SimbaExt, his functions for grabbing prices from RS, and putting up with my dumb questions for 2 months.

I am 90% sure that this explanation is not sufficient to explain stuff. So just ask questions on the confusing parts.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 3Garrett3; 07-08-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

About time, congrats for finally releasing something!

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Very cool looking! I know what I'm looking into over the holiday weekend. =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

=D thanks been looking ever where for an eoc merching script

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

Did you just seriously ask if there is an interest for an automatic money making machine?
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frement View Post
    Did you just seriously ask if there is an interest for an automatic money making machine?
    Well.. I suppose I did. There are technically many more ways of making money, but when I figure out the logic to make automation work I'll definitely see it through.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Excellent, unique release. Congratulations! Sorry I was so delayed with my contributions, I'll pump them out soon.
    Thanks! Not having your code as a fall back forced me to learn even more about the functions I was looking for. Again, something I would never have thought about for regular RS scripts so it was extremely beneficial. I'll be looking through the SRL bankscreen and item detection logic for the GE stuff because the method I wrote up is not really up to par. If you were to release yours I would just have another resource to help learn faster!

Quote Originally Posted by serajin View Post
    Very cool looking! I know what I'm looking into over the holiday weekend. =P
    Thanks! Let me know if it does anything wonky, it's relatively complex compared to what I normally write. I've been testing as I write but who knows!

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

I fear this script cuz I except some money bags to come through and set something like this up and make 100s of mils. Hopefully people will just ignore such an amazing script...Should be good for attracting new comers though

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Hell yeah man this is awesome! Congrats on the release! Been waiting on this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Really do love this script. Only ran it a little bit but works like a charm. When i get a good bit of capital built up i'll be using this for sure.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trollcrank View Post
    I fear this script cuz I except some money bags to come through and set something like this up and make 100s of mils. Hopefully people will just ignore such an amazing script...Should be good for attracting new comers though
    Keep in mind that this is not automated, it simply tells you if an item is a good buy or sell and lets you make the decision. I'm pretty confident that people will have to be determined to gold farm with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Hell yeah man this is awesome! Congrats on the release! Been waiting on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by getskilled View Post
    Really do love this script. Only ran it a little bit but works like a charm. When i get a good bit of capital built up i'll be using this for sure.
    Thanks to both of you!

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

3Garret3, the script looks very complex, and I'm sure will be very helpful, Thanks. Unfortunately I'm aving a problem running this script at the moment, by putting is 25mil (25000000) into the starter money, I get this error:
    Simba Code:
    Setting up INI file
    Error: "25000000" is an invalid integer at line 1009
    Execution failed.
    I'm sorry if i sound demanding, annoying even, but I just can't get it to work- it looks great though!
    Josh
    Last edited by Obquility; 11-29-2014 at 11:36 AM.
    Why join the navy if you can be a pirate? -Steve Jobs

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy259 View Post
    3Garret3, the script looks very complex, and I'm sure will be very helpful, Thanks. Unfortunately I'm aving a problem running this script at the moment, by putting is 25mil (25000000000) into the starter money, I get this error:
    Simba Code:
    Setting up INI file
    Error: "25000000000" is an invalid integer at line 1009
    Execution failed.
    I'm sorry if i sound demanding, annoying even, but I just can't get it to work- it looks great though!
    Josh
    Um, that's 25 billion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Jeez, that's embarrassing
    Thanks Bonsai
    Edit: I was right :P Your quote is a bit different
    Last edited by Obquility; 11-29-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Jeez, that's embarrassing
    Thanks Bonsai
    Edit: I was right :P Your quote is a bit different
    Are you putting it in quotes?

The setup line should look like this:

Simba Code:
    startCash = 25000000; //In gp

That's all you need to change. I notice that the error is line 1009. That line is:

Simba Code:
    Self.Cash := strToInt(ReadINI('Portfolio', 'Cash', ScriptPath + GlobalSuffix));

Can you confirm that this line reads exactly that? It sounds like it's trying to take a string as an integer in the error. But the code clearly tells it to change from string to integer.

Confirm these two things for me and if they're both as I mentioned above we'll have to do some debugging. I can't manage to replicate the error.

Edit: If you haven't gotten the script to run at all, I suggest deleting the .INI file and when the script asks, click yes to "Is this your first time running the script" and it will re-create the INI file.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    Are you putting it in quotes?

The setup line should look like this:

Simba Code:
    startCash = 25000000; //In gp

That's all you need to change. I notice that the error is line 1009. That line is:

Simba Code:
    Self.Cash := strToInt(ReadINI('Portfolio', 'Cash', ScriptPath + GlobalSuffix));

Can you confirm that this line reads exactly that? It sounds like it's trying to take a string as an integer in the error. But the code clearly tells it to change from string to integer.

Confirm these two things for me and if they're both as I mentioned above we'll have to do some debugging. I can't manage to replicate the error.

Edit: If you haven't gotten the script to run at all, I suggest deleting the .INI file and when the script asks, click yes to "Is this your first time running the script" and it will re-create the INI file.
    Thanks for the help Garret, I'll try what you said as soon asI get home.
    Thanks again for the help,
    Josh

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Thanks for the help Garret, I'll try what you said as soon asI get home.
    Thanks again for the help,
    Josh
    So to confirm, did this work? I've been using it daily while attempting to figure out all of the data I need to save for automation and haven't run into any problems.
    Last edited by 3Garrett3; 12-01-2014 at 07:53 PM.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Yep it works great. Problem was I don't think the script can handle numbers like 25bil. But yes, its working fine.
    Thanks Garret

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Yep it works great. Problem was I don't think the script can handle numbers like 25bil. But yes, its working fine.
    Thanks Garret
    Good to hear! So this makes it that much harder to gold farm with the script. You can't be infinitely rich or Simba won't accept your inputs

(In case anyone with 25B is reading, you stand to make approximately 250M ($100 USD) per day with this method assuming you trust the script with $10,000 worth of RSGP. That could be worth 78B after a year of investment (using weekly compound interest based on 115% anually), only $31,000 US worth of RSGP, based on about 30 minutes of investment per day. Assuming 2 years of constant investment, that would add up to 246B ($98,000 USD).)

*Disclaimer: I do not take responsibility for losing $10,000 USD worth of RSGP if the script does not perform as well in the future as it would have in the past! All values are theoretical and serve to illustrate the hilarious effect of compound interest.

Edit because of hilarious compound interest: The rate stated above would make you a millionaire assuming that RS existed for the next 10 years and RSGP is worth $0.40 USD when sold in such ridiculous bulk.

Edit again because some people are too literal: I do not suggest EVER buying (or risking) $10,000 worth of RSGP. Please do not do this.
    Last edited by 3Garrett3; 12-01-2014 at 08:08 PM.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Half the sites don't even buy gold for a good rate, with 100 gold farming bots they are good to go. I wish I was that rich though, I put 25bil instead of 2.5bil lol.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Half the sites don't even buy gold for a good rate, with 100 gold farming bots they are good to go. I wish I was that rich though, I put 25bil instead of 2.5bil lol.
    I tested for 2 months with only 5M, so I have no idea how well this stuff scales up haha, I assume it gets pretty limited by the trade limit when you have that kind of money. I was gifted 20M to test once I released the script, and I'm not running into the trade limit for most items anyway. All back checking was done with 100M as the amount, just to see what happened and it seemed to work fine.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    I tested for 2 months with only 5M, so I have no idea how well this stuff scales up haha, I assume it gets pretty limited by the trade limit when you have that kind of money. I was gifted 20M to test once I released the script, and I'm not running into the trade limit for most items anyway. All back checking was done with 100M as the amount, just to see what happened and it seemed to work fine.
    Just a quick question, is there another script like this in the private section? You've got it labelled as merchant aid public- although not that I care cause its sexy enough as it is

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Just a quick question, is there another script like this in the private section? You've got it labelled as merchant aid public- although not that I care cause its sexy enough as it is
    It's public so that I remember to make any changes to the master copy, and don't accidentally edit the wrong file when I'm adding stuff. There is no other version of this released. If I ever to get automatic stuff working it would either be Jr or SRL Member though, because money printing machines shouldn't be public. Whenever that happens it will be mentioned in my signature though.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Using 10m, almost randomly selecting which items to buy and which not, from one day to the next, I made about 500k, if I'm not mistaken. (Run-on sentence ftw)
    I didn't buy and sell at market price though, I always pricechecked to get the best deal.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fastler View Post
    Using 10m, almost randomly selecting which items to buy and which not, from one day to the next, I made about 500k, if I'm not mistaken. (Run-on sentence ftw)
    I didn't buy and sell at market price though, I always pricechecked to get the best deal.
    I'm glad that it sounds like you're making good money from it.

Like I said, the benefit of having an *aid* rather than automatic is that it's uniquely tailored to each person's buying preferences. Some people (like you) prefer to do their research before buying and get the best price, some people (like me usually) just want to log in and make the offers and log out while they complete at market price. The benefit of using the top 100 traded items is that because of the huge volumes, you're pretty much guaranteed to make the buy/sell at market if you're willing to wait long enough (exceptions apply here obviously).

I like hentai.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information