Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars VII

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

Default Star Wars VII

Who's hardcore into star wars and is as stoked for this movie as I am,
    I don't give any shits about Disney or JJ Abrams doing anything to butcher the legacy but I wondered what other people thought about it?

only another year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

33 millions views and still counting. Need i say more

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

A droid rolling a football at high speeds? Calling it now, here comes a brand new set of terrible Star Wars movies, as though the prequels didn't shit all over the franchise badly enough, lol.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Looks promising. The only thing where I have doubt is that red light saber ... I think they should rethink it, or have a plausible explanation for it (how it won't cut its own hand?).
    And, if you check those previous trailers from the other movies, you'll see this one is the best so far So... like Jordantimber said... those numbers escalated quickly!! And counting.
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

here come the die hard starwars fans to refute Disney's changes!

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onilika View Post
    Looks promising. The only thing where I have doubt is that red light saber ... I think they should rethink it, or have a plausible explanation for it (how it won't cut its own hand?).
    The part that bothers me the most about it, is that it's designed with a guard for catching enemy blades... But the base of the guard is still the actual lightsaber base which can be cut fine... Which means that it's a guard for show only as it can't actually guard. The extra side blades literally only exist as a danger for the wielder and can't be used offensively or defensively in any manner.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    The part that bothers me the most about it, is that it's designed with a guard for catching enemy blades... But the base of the guard is still the actual lightsaber base which can be cut fine... Which means that it's a guard for show only as it can't actually guard. The extra side blades literally only exist as a danger for the wielder and can't be used offensively or defensively in any manner.
    Not necessarily true. There are a handful of materials which can resist lightsabers to varying degrees. Although yes, the crossblade design itself is a bit dangerous to the actual wielder, I'd say it's not too far fetched to assume that whoever is using that blade knows how to safely use it. I'd rather see something than nothing, anyway. The fact it's taken this long even for the idea of some sort of hand protection is a bit absurd itself, although everyone seems to make fun of the idea.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i luffs yeww View Post
    Not necessarily true. There are a handful of materials which can resist lightsabers to varying degrees. Although yes, the crossblade design itself is a bit dangerous to the actual wielder, I'd say it's not too far fetched to assume that whoever is using that blade knows how to safely use it. I'd rather see something than nothing, anyway. The fact it's taken this long even for the idea of some sort of hand protection is a bit absurd itself, although everyone seems to make fun of the idea.
    I saw in some angry YouTube comment war that apparently this "special guard-lightsaber that Disney/JJ Abrams came up with" actually is common in the Star Wars universe beyond the movies, and this new movie is just recreating that, so the "hardcore fans" are actually getting mad at what they claim to be hardcore fans of.

Besides that, this movie looks really cool. I've enjoyed all 6 movies so far, so I expect this one will be enjoyable as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    I saw in some angry YouTube comment war that apparently this "special guard-lightsaber that Disney/JJ Abrams came up with" actually is common in the Star Wars universe beyond the movies, and this new movie is just recreating that, so the "hardcore fans" are actually getting mad at what they claim to be hardcore fans of.

Besides that, this movie looks really cool. I've enjoyed all 6 movies so far, so I expect this one will be enjoyable as well.
    I honestly can't find anywhere reliable (YouTube comments are not a reliable source) showing any lightsaber designs similar to what's shown in the trailer. Even if it has existed before (I hope it has, honestly - my biggest gripe with sci-fi is that the technological progressions never make sense. Why are humans flying space ships that fire lasers into space like it's no big deal? Those lasers don't decelerate, and they'll hit something eventually. It would be mayhem. We hardly let people fly or shoot things these days, especially not for anything important like missile defense or the like), I can't say it's "common." I doubt everyone on the internet other than YouTube commenters missed out on that aspect of Star Wars.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i luffs yeww View Post
    I honestly can't find anywhere reliable (YouTube comments are not a reliable source) showing any lightsaber designs similar to what's shown in the trailer. Even if it has existed before (I hope it has, honestly - my biggest gripe with sci-fi is that the technological progressions never make sense. Why are humans flying space ships that fire lasers into space like it's no big deal? Those lasers don't decelerate, and they'll hit something eventually. It would be mayhem. We hardly let people fly or shoot things these days, especially not for anything important like missile defense or the like), I can't say it's "common." I doubt everyone on the internet other than YouTube commenters missed out on that aspect of Star Wars.
    In the link you gave me about light-saber resistant materials, further down describes that lightsaber and some wielders of it I believe (I read a lot of that page out of curiosity).

As for shooting lasers into space, they dissipate after a while, haven't you ever played any Star Wars game? In reality though, as they move at the speed of light, you'd never really see them shoot like they do, and more importantly, they actually would dissipate. Between hitting microscopic dust filtered throughout space slowly taking away it's heat and power, it would also slowly flare out. No matter how hard you want a light-based shot to be a simple line, it will only possibly become a thinner cone. It will eventually flare out to a perfectly safe width. For an Earth based example, it would be pretty much impossible to shoot the moon with a laser of power, no matter how powerful it is, as even incredibly precise and thin lasers would become kilometers in diameter by the time they got even that far.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

In the link you gave me about light-saber resistant materials, further down describes that lightsaber and some wielders of it I believe (I read a lot of that page out of curiosity).

As for shooting lasers into space, they dissipate after a while, haven't you ever played any Star Wars game? In reality though, as they move at the speed of light, you'd never really see them shoot like they do, and more importantly, they actually would dissipate. Between hitting microscopic dust filtered throughout space slowly taking away it's heat and power, it would also slowly flare out. No matter how hard you want a light-based shot to be a simple line, it will only possibly become a thinner cone. It will eventually flare out to a perfectly safe width. For an Earth based example, it would be pretty much impossible to shoot the moon with a laser of power, no matter how powerful it is, as even incredibly precise and thin lasers would become kilometers in diameter by the time they got even that far.
    I just leave this here:
    http://what-if.xkcd.com/13/
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    here come the die hard starwars fans to refute Disney's changes!
    this

Before the other comments i was hoping there was a part in VII where the presumed sith takes out a guy on his left and right by using the force to control the saber.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    I just leave this here:
    Well, it seems to have mostly agreed with me. Although it did present a crazy powerful laser array to an extent that I kind of want to see now. Even if we all die.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    I just leave this here:
    That is awesome, I've often wondered what would really happen, though I always suspected that that would be the case.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I seriously can't wait to watch it .
    Some people might hate it but I mean what did you expect , you're not going to get the same old acters and things have to upgrade like gear , weapons etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

I am honestly so incredibly excited for this movie. So far it looks pretty promising to me and I can't wait to see more. I'm hoping they feel the pressure after the disappointment of the last 3. I'll leave this here for everyone who has issues with the new light saber design:

Last edited by everve; 12-04-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Lookin forward to it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Anniversary of this post! Getting so hype it hurts.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

What's the actual date of release for this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    What's the actual date of release for this?
    December 18th I believe

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

its obvious luke has turned to the dark side m8sss
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Han Solooooooooo cant wait!!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Travster View Post
    Han Solooooooooo cant wait!!!!
    Maybe your posting can wait a little more perhaps?
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

I'm super stoked for this, I only hope they don't botch it.
    Undercover Jagex Employee

http://i.imgur.com/TsQJ7RP.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

The hype for this movie is killing me! I just don't want to be disappointed. We don't need more crap like the prequels. The movie looks amazing though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information