Thread: Fastler's Big Race: Before Semester's End

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Cool Fastler's Big Race: Before Semester's End

Under no circumstances ever get yourself in this situation.

The Plot: I've screwed up big time by spending the entire semester messing around. TV Shows, Movies, Runescape/Botting, and other things.
    Now the final hours have come and all my assignments are due in the coming week(s). I attempted to plan things out, but am simply too irresponsible.
    Worst part is I've been here before and as a result this semester was to be a fresh start. At the start of this semester I said, "Let's assume this is RS and I want a maxed account."
    Well that plan backfired and I ended up getting 99s in RS instead of my classes.

The Solution: Then it hit me... "What do I love more than the perfection that is myself...? I love to show that perfection off!"
    So I'm going to use the same plan of attack. I'm going to apply my genius to excel in school as if it were a game.
    Only this time around I will keep a public record which will serve to artificially apply pressure to myself, as nothing else motivates me.
    My parents do however care, but I am less than forthcoming about the true state of my studies.
    By my estimates, I can still pull this whole thing off and have a B in all my classes.

For this plan to succeed I will need to work without rest. Every hour of every day has become precious to me. (Isn't that touching.)
    I'll report back with my up-to-the-hour progress in the second post down below. Any questions or comments, supportive/constructive or not, are welcome!
    Ego-aside, I'm confident that with your support I can achieve my goal. Thank you.

Tldr; I'm gonna do an entire semester-load of work in the last week cause I'm awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

The Log:

Day 1 (Sun 12/7):
    Macro-plan:
    -Begin working on assignments (math) and ensure that they are completed (blog).
    Micro-plan:
    -Create this blog. Done.
    -Finish the greater part of Math assignments from the past month. Done.

Day 2 (Mon 12/8):
    Macro-plan:
    -Attend Math class, turn in work, and ace the test. Begin work for Tuesday.
    Micro-plan:
    -Complete Math work. Last bit pushed to Wed.
    -Study for the test. Done.
    -Obliterate test. Done.
    -Start midterm paper for Political Science. Done.

Day 3 (Tue 12/9):
    Macro-plan:
    -Complete Political Science papers and finish Math work for Wednesday.
    Micro-plan:
    -Complete Mid+Final papers for Political Science. Pushed to Thurs.
    -Complete Math work. Pushed to Wed.

Day 4 (Wed 12/10):i
    -Math
    -Speech analysis paper
    -Polit Sci papers

As the workload lessened and my goals became fewer, I didn't bother to update, was trying to keep off the computer and in the trenches.
    Anyways, managed just about everything except English papers. Too many, too long, and the topics were... well, complex. Asking about my personal experiences in regards to societal interactions. I have very few... and I don't enjoy making up stories that support a position I have no vested, or other, interest in.
    Last edited by fastler; 12-17-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Update

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

I'm not sure if blogging while trying to work is a great idea or an awful idea but I wish you all the best with your studies.

Personally, for math, the key to studying is to do many practice problems. In the large scheme, get the hell off the forums and go somewhere (library?) where you have no electronic access. Bring some tunes to listen to (I prefer classical while studying) and just nail it away with no distractions. There's no way you'll get all your work done while screwing around on the internet. Then when you're done dominating all your classes, come back and relax in a couple weeks with the fine folks here and maybe write a script or something.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fastler View Post
    By my estimates, I can still pull this whole thing off and have a B in all my classes.
    C's get degrees.

Youre golden.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Day 1 (Sun 12/7):
    -Create this blog. Done.
    I love that part

Good luck!
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Goodluck man! I just spent all of last week catching up in my classes. I had an F in two classes and now im up to a C in all of them! All about the grind!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

The Log:

Day 1 (Sun 12/7):
    Macro-plan:
    -Begin working on assignments (math) and ensure that they are completed (blog).
    Micro-plan:
    -Create this blog. Done.
    -Finish the greater part of Math assignments from the past month. Done.

Day 2 (Mon 12/8):
    Macro-plan:
    -Attend Math class, turn in work, and ace the test. Begin work for Tuesday.
    Micro-plan:
    -Complete Math work. In Progress...
    -Study for the test. In Progress...
    -Obliterate test. Pending.
    -Complete midterm paper for Political Science. Pending.
    Good luck keep us all posted.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    I'm not sure if blogging while trying to work is a great idea or an awful idea but I wish you all the best with your studies.

Personally, for math, the key to studying is to do many practice problems. In the large scheme, get the hell off the forums and go somewhere (library?) where you have no electronic access. Bring some tunes to listen to (I prefer classical while studying) and just nail it away with no distractions. There's no way you'll get all your work done while screwing around on the internet. Then when you're done dominating all your classes, come back and relax in a couple weeks with the fine folks here and maybe write a script or something.
    This is a really good post!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rlp View Post
    This is a really good post!
    I'm very experienced in studying hard for finals. The method I described was what I found to be the best method of cramming possible. There's no point trying to force self control. Just leave it all behind and go somewhere quiet with some relaxing tunes (or pumpup jams if that's your thing) and study for 8-12 hours a day. If you have lots of slides try to avoid bringing the laptop at all costs. If you can find cheap or free printing then print the slides out (I liked handouts, 3 slides per page with room for notes) because that laptop will kill you.

Edit: It's good to reward yourself with a break for meals too. Pack it all up, go home, have a nice meal, relax for about 20-30 minutes, then go back at it re-energized.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I messed up last year during my freshman year of college by playing too much video games, now I've got work to juggle with also, so I've resorted to botting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quietess View Post
    I messed up last year during my freshman year of college by playing too much video games, now I've got work to juggle with also, so I've resorted to botting.
    The amazing thing was that I was botting, and yet I spent days in and out on rs... watching my bots... kinda defeats the purpose. At least no hand cramps!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

The amazing thing was that I was botting, and yet I spent days in and out on rs... watching my bots... kinda defeats the purpose. At least no hand cramps!
    And then comes the day you are permanent banned (like I was) and you look back and witness every hour lost in RuneScape!
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Thread Information