Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Bot Competition

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Hi, I am interested in joining. I'm still learning the ropes though. Is it alright if I enter but fail to produce anything before the deadline?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    what about killing goblins for a steel/iron hatchet?

or what if a random user just trades the person a better hatchet?
    Thinking what i am thinking of? By making 'Random' person-bot vandering around the predetermined location in the predetermined world 24/7 giving away hatchets ?

Personally to avoid cheating i would forbid any trading/picking up and other 'unnatural' obtaining on hatchets, but killing goblins should be valid one. by the way will test accounts be done GE tutorial?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cosmasjdz View Post
    Thinking what i am thinking of? By making 'Random' person-bot vandering around the predetermined location in the predetermined world 24/7 giving away hatchets ?

Personally to avoid cheating i would forbid any trading/picking up and other 'unnatural' obtaining on hatchets, but killing goblins should be valid one. by the way will test accounts be done GE tutorial?
    Id assume not. if you really want it, you could just make a few static clicks to hit next and next and next/

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GRIM View Post
    Oh trust me that's the idea, hoping to make this my A+ for a debut here
    Also perfecting this will run smooth within another script i've been working on
    Added!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanempire View Post
    Perfect timing for that thing i was supposed to be doing
    Does that mean you wish to join?

Quote Originally Posted by GRIM View Post
    Oh trust me that's the idea, hoping to make this my A+ for a debut here
    Also perfecting this will run smooth within another script i've been working on
    Quote Originally Posted by ignorant View Post
    Hi, I am interested in joining. I'm still learning the ropes though. Is it alright if I enter but fail to produce anything before the deadline?
    That's perfectly all right. And if you want, you can still submit whether or not you think you're the winning position, and can still always win one of the non-1st place positions

I've added you to the list now!
    By making 'Random' person-bot vandering around the predetermined location in the predetermined world 24/7 giving away hatchets ?
    Well, You could always have that 'Random' person-bot wandering around the predetermined location giving away hatchets 24/7... But you do not know when I'm going to run the script, nor the name of the account that would be accepting. Sounds like a TON of effort to setup a 24/7 trading script just to hand axes To EVERYONE in the area.

Test accounts will NOT have the GE tutorial done, and while you can feel free to have the script do it, I don't think the GE is worth it in this competition, considering the run time maxes out at an hour and the winner is based on logs in bank when done.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

im in!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

Yup. add me in.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Is it allowed to start with direct-x or do i need to write routine to change it from opel gl?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

For reference (from a guy who spent a couple months fine tuning an evergreen chopper), you should be able to get approximately 400 logs in an hour on a fresh account depending on where you cut/bank them.

I think if anyone gets over 400 logs then I'd be surprised, I find about 400-500 per hour is reasonable with my chopper and that's with 60 WC and a rune hatchet, although my location is not nearly the closest patch of trees to a bank.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

It's been a long time since I've touch SCAR, I mean SIMBA .

But I'm in!

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undorak7 View Post
    im in!
    Added and forgot to quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanempire View Post
    Yup. add me in.
    Added!
    Is it allowed to start with direct-x or do i need to write routine to change it from opel gl?
    I'm pretty sure the default setup start for simba scripts in Direct-X, so that should be fine to assume DX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    It's been a long time since I've touch SCAR, I mean SIMBA .

But I'm in!
    Added!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    For reference (from a guy who spent a couple months fine tuning an evergreen chopper), you should be able to get approximately 400 logs in an hour on a fresh account depending on where you cut/bank them.

I think if anyone gets over 400 logs then I'd be surprised, I find about 400-500 per hour is reasonable with my chopper and that's with 60 WC and a rune hatchet, although my location is not nearly the closest patch of trees to a bank.
    My first test was 280 only I would be verry happy to get over 350. Actually you manage to get so much because running tooks only like 5 percent of time at wc 1-10 and like increases up to around to 30 percent to higher levels. Basicly chooping is what it takes long and low wc lvl makes it to be soo slow. Also i think ammount could differ +-20 percent. Because first levels have huge deviation between. For example fastest time i got 6 wc was 2:03 and longest 11:14, the higher the levels the less deviation so basicly who starts good wins it. At lvl 23-26 which is when the hour runs out tooks 13:19-15:10. Jagex randomness makes you win or lose Which makes competition even more unpredictable and fun.

Also calculations with 99 wc and rune axe was 840 logs for location i am running at(or 1:59-2:03 for a 28 logs<- look at deviation at high level, only 4 seconds per trip in half a hour test...while at starting at 1to full inventory can prolly take like from 2:50 to 15 mins )...So 400 is very unlikely starting with 1 wc but not imposible if having some luck.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

My first test was 280 only I would be verry happy to get over 350. Actually you manage to get so much because running tooks only like 5 percent of time at wc 1-10 and like increases up to around to 30 percent to higher levels. Basicly chooping is what it takes long and low wc lvl makes it to be soo slow. Also i think ammount could differ +-20 percent. Because first levels have huge deviation between. For example fastest time i got 6 wc was 2:03 and longest 11:14, the higher the levels the less deviation so basicly who starts good wins it. At lvl 23-26 which is when the hour runs out tooks 13:19-15:10. Jagex randomness makes you win or lose Which makes competition even more unpredictable and fun.

Also calculations with 99 wc and rune axe was 840 logs for location i am running at(or 1:59-2:03 for a 28 logs<- look at deviation at high level, only 4 seconds per trip in half a hour test...while at starting at 1to full inventory can prolly take like from 2:50 to 15 mins )...So 400 is very unlikely starting with 1 wc but not imposible if having some luck.
    My thoughts exactly. If anyone can top 400 in any location I think it's an automatic win. The competition will almost surely be decided by whoever gets the lucky chops, so if I had to make any recommendations I would say that minimizing time between trees being cut is extremely important. You could also try some workarounds for the very long waits that randomly occur but that might be giving too much away

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

My thoughts exactly. If anyone can top 400 in any location I think it's an automatic win. The competition will almost surely be decided by whoever gets the lucky chops, so if I had to make any recommendations I would say that minimizing time between trees being cut is extremely important. You could also try some workarounds for the very long waits that randomly occur but that might be giving too much away
    i am planning to use few different methods for the waits. Thanks for the tips, got any more? I might use fixel shift at lower levels decide if i am actually cutting it because sometimes it takes 80 seconds to cut first tree, so wait for inventory increase 80 secs is not worth it. But at higher levels it may work just fine. Also worldhopping seems nearly a must because if you low lvl and getting crashed then goodfight...

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

I do believe luck will affect the outcome a little... but over an hour, luck kinda washes out for the most part. I think the winning script will have a few key things:
    1)Checks for competition. Be this world-hopping or picking a world with no bots to begin with (two techniques exist for this: non-english worlds, and sorting worlds by players and picking smallest).
    2)Highlighting the next tree while waiting on the current to finish. No need to spend time looking for trees AFTER you cut yours down, start searching after you click on the first one
    3)Checks to make sure current tree is chopped down. Maybe inventory, maybe actually watching current tree for disappearing leaves
    4)A few other features, but I can't give every optimization away, can I

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I do believe luck will affect the outcome a little... but over an hour, luck kinda washes out for the most part. I think the winning script will have a few key things:
    1)Checks for competition. Be this world-hopping or picking a world with no bots to begin with (two techniques exist for this: non-english worlds, and sorting worlds by players and picking smallest).
    2)Highlighting the next tree while waiting on the current to finish. No need to spend time looking for trees AFTER you cut yours down, start searching after you click on the first one
    3)Checks to make sure current tree is chopped down. Maybe inventory, maybe actually watching current tree for disappearing leaves
    4)A few other features, but I can't give every optimization away, can I
    The biggest "luck factor" will be the bot who gets above whatever level is required to stop having so much variance first. At lvl 1, you could get a log in 2 seconds or it could take 90 seconds. At level 40 (and rune hatchet) you're almost guaranteed to get a log in 1-2 seconds every time. The key to optimizing from level 1 is to manage luck so that it goes your way more often, while the key to optimizing from level 40 would be more important to avoid long antibans, pre-hover trees, etc.

I think there's a few possible ways to push luck in your favour but I'm not giving too much away for anyone

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

The biggest "luck factor" will be the bot who gets above whatever level is required to stop having so much variance first. At lvl 1, you could get a log in 2 seconds or it could take 90 seconds. At level 40 (and rune hatchet) you're almost guaranteed to get a log in 1-2 seconds every time. The key to optimizing from level 1 is to manage luck so that it goes your way more often, while the key to optimizing from level 40 would be more important to avoid long antibans, pre-hover trees, etc.

I think there's a few possible ways to push luck in your favour but I'm not giving too much away for anyone
    Antiban will be sacrificed for performance and there is no way to even get lvl 30. I made by hand got lvl 27 race could be however faster cause no need for human reaction times.... I spotted my bot does trip 3-5 seconds faster than i do now

And yep for first few lvls optimization will be decisive probably. Unless someone will need worldhop several times. Like said before once i got 21 logs in 2:03 starting with lvl 1 while with rune axe i get 28 in 1:59 so pure luck.

Also, managing lagg lines is crucial too. Now working on that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    More players means trees respawn faster, unless that has been changed.
    Also if I sold logs to buy a better axe. Would those logs count towards the total?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Just to confirm, this will be a f2p account you will be testing script with?
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bixby Sayz View Post
    Just to confirm, this will be a f2p account you will be testing script with?
    Correct.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tealc View Post
    More players means trees respawn faster, unless that has been changed.
    Also if I sold logs to buy a better axe. Would those logs count towards the total?
    More players does mean respawn faster, but is that worth the localized competition? It's a part of the design for this competition. It's up to you to determine what is fully the best.

Those logs will NOT count towards the total. The timer ends when the hour hits, and the winner has the most in bank + inventory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

So let me get this straight, is it only allowed to chop normal logs? And if so, are evergreens allowed? But if not, which log types are counted?
    ^ check that if-then-else logic

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fastler View Post
    So let me get this straight, is it only allowed to chop normal logs? And if so, are evergreens allowed? But if not, which log types are counted?
    Evergreen result in normal logs, so yes, evergreens should be allowed. (Unless I am completely wrong, which I may be, I'm pretty sure they give normal logs )
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frement View Post
    Evergreen result in normal logs, so yes, evergreens should be allowed. (Unless I am completely wrong, which I may be, I'm pretty sure they give normal logs )
    they do

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fastler View Post
    Like Frement mentions above - any tree that when chopped produces normal logs, is fair. This also includes the unmentioned dead trees (and that's it as far as my memory serves).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Dead Trees OP.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information