Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Bot Competition

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by serajin View Post
    Dead Trees OP.
    Shall I write your name on the competition list as well, noob?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Hi, I would like to pull out of the competition =/

I'm just too busy this month and I am struggling too much to write a simple script. I doubt I will be able to submit anything hence the withdrawal...

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ignorant View Post
    Hi, I would like to pull out of the competition =/

I'm just too busy this month and I am struggling too much to write a simple script. I doubt I will be able to submit anything hence the withdrawal...
    If you wish to withdraw, I have no problem removing your name, although I would like to point out that there are no negatives to signing up and simply failing to submit by the end. It means you can't win, and that's about it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

He made members after he signed up, just wondering if he is still allowed to participate since his name is still on OP? ^_^
    So... I hear you like infinite loops.............

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Spark View Post

He made members after he signed up, just wondering if he is still allowed to participate since his name is still on OP? ^_^
    omg, if he is allowed then rest of us need to make a riot Cause otherwise chances getting that pretty pixelious cup is non existing...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Sounds like a challenge! Count me in, until when do we have to make the script?

EDIT: just saw this topic is two weeks old, don't know if I still have enough time?
    Last edited by SlipperyPickle; 12-26-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suikerwafel View Post

EDIT: just saw this topic is two weeks old, don't know if I still have enough time?
    until 2015 jan 12

By the way if lagg half of the srl include crashes...

Also because of that deviation of my test script are +- 200 logs For me its 200 +- 200 logs haha, very acurately.

I think fairiest would be to let script run like 3 times and count highest result.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Spark View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cosmasjdz View Post
    omg, if he is allowed then rest of us need to make a riot Cause otherwise chances getting that pretty pixelious cup is non existing...
    Technically yes, this is allowed. Although, don't think that a single member is pushing it over the edge for difficulty. I know plenty of very confident juniors that I believe would put me to shame in this contest! I'm sure you for example could reach members if you tried. If we disqualified people simply on skill level of a member, then there'd be very few people left in this competition! (Note: we will and have forced people to up the ante into harder competitions if we think they are legitimately too good for the level they're officially at)

There is plenty of time to still make the script. Like Cosmasjdz mentions above, you have until January 12th. And that is far more than plenty of time left to do this competition
    until 2015 jan 12

By the way if lagg half of the srl include crashes...

Also because of that deviation of my test script are +- 200 logs For me its 200 +- 200 logs haha, very acurately.

I think fairiest would be to let script run like 3 times and count highest result.
    I'll be honest, I just about never have lag problems myself, and even when I do, I never really have issues with scripts crashing. Usually simple failsafes should account for plenty of the cases, and if there are cases where that's not the case, please feel free to make a public thread and get some help with the issue. This is the perfect time to do exactly that

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

I would like to join, although since term is about to start I can't promise I'll be able to submit in time.

Also will the accounts be f2p or p2p? And can we use other methods of teleporting, like tabs, jewelry, etc? I'm guessing not since predetermined says lodestones, but just wanted to double check.

Since this has to use SRL I assume things like moveMouse and clickMouse, etc are not allowed? I know they're bad to use in a real script, but for speed it would cut off a few seconds

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKbotz View Post
    I would like to join, although since term is about to start I can't promise I'll be able to submit in time.

Also will the accounts be f2p or p2p? And can we use other methods of teleporting, like tabs, jewelry, etc? I'm guessing not since predetermined says lodestones, but just wanted to double check.

Since this has to use SRL I assume things like moveMouse and clickMouse, etc are not allowed? I know they're bad to use in a real script, but for speed it would cut off a few seconds
    Sure, use moveMouse and clickMouse, don't get banned though.

All accounts will be brand new fresh F2P.

If you want to get teleports, your script better earn GP and buy them.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Hypothetical question: could I enter this comp?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Why couldn't you?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Ok got it actually done, just need fine tunning. Just got few questions. Will the Xp pop ups be turned off? because it messes with the bankscreen.isopen() if they open. Also will guidance system messages will be off ? Dealt with lvl 10 popups through on opengl included one didnt worked...

Also interesting fact. Runned latest version with 3 accounts, deviation between lowest and highest was 103 logs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

No, if you do there's no reason for other people to try xD You should have been SRL member for a long time already. But yea according to the rules you're allowed to join.

Just wondering what timezone are we talking about? "PM your script to myself or NKN before the due date." 10 days isn't a lot and if I'm gonna start every hour might help
    Oh and can we use sps and include the map in the PM or do we have to make an auto downloader in the script?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

It's probably going to be a few nights without sleep for me. Just finished my first script, so I just have 10 days to create this script :P

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NKN View Post
    Why couldn't you?
    Guessing because of his iOak script?
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Any code can be used, no worries at all. If your account gets banned within the hour, well that's the only possible disadvantage to using it... Although keep in mind, it only has to survive one hour

As for what the accounts will have, like NKN mentions, they will be brand new fresh accounts. All error boxes that pop up, and all walking (except lodestones) has to be handled. If you want to teleport or use jewelry to travel, then you have to somehow get the account to be capable of using it (I don't recommend that considering the time constraint ).

As for getting it up and running in time, woodcutters shouldn't take too long, I'm sure you can do it if you push for it
    Absolutely, you're not a member or above.
    Ok got it actually done, just need fine tunning. Just got few questions. Will the Xp pop ups be turned off? because it messes with the bankscreen.isopen() if they open. Also will guidance system messages will be off ? Dealt with lvl 10 popups through on opengl included one didnt worked...

Also interesting fact. Runned latest version with 3 accounts, deviation between lowest and highest was 103 logs
    Xp pop ups can be something you ask us to turn on or off as a default setting, as can guidance system messages. As such, I heavily recommend mentioning that in the PM to us if you have a specific requirement for one of those 2. I'm working on a method of handling randomness of first few levels. Not sure exact solution, but definitely want to make luck a smaller portion of the overall results.

Quote Originally Posted by lanadekat View Post
    No, if you do there's no reason for other people to try xD You should have been SRL member for a long time already. But yea according to the rules you're allowed to join.

Just wondering what timezone are we talking about? "PM your script to myself or NKN before the due date." 10 days isn't a lot and if I'm gonna start every hour might help
    Oh and can we use sps and include the map in the PM or do we have to make an auto downloader in the script?
    Keep in mind, the majority of this script won't be quality - in fact no grading portion is on coding quality, so it's all about design. That doesn't put KeepBotting necessarily above anyone. We did ban Akarigar as a junior member from being able to join this competition though, because we did foresee him unbalancing this competition (he's the junior in the member comp ).

Timezone is fairly superfluous. If you're a few hours late, we won't really mind, but if you try to hand it a solid 24 hours after every timezone has passed the date, then that's a different story WE can assume everyone lives in the Samoan islands if that helps (last timezone to end the due day).
    It's probably going to be a few nights without sleep for me. Just finished my first script, so I just have 10 days to create this script :P
    Go for it, I expect a number of people to actually fail to submit their applications despite signing up so it's very possible to just smoke everyone simply on lack of attendance even

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

I know I have enlisted for this competition. But my mother got hospitalized yesterday. So I'll be spending most of my time there coming weeks. Probably ain't going to be able to finish my script because of that. Sorry, would have liked to see it go differently

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

I know I have enlisted for this competition. But my mother got hospitalized yesterday. So I'll be spending most of my time there coming weeks. Probably ain't going to be able to finish my script because of that. Sorry, would have liked to see it go differently
    No worries man, your family always comes first.

I wish your mother the best of luck.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make the script in time, but I have a functional one now. I plan to keep working on it and improving it before turning it in, but even if I don't get all the improvements I want done I'll still submit what I have, so for sure count me in

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

I'm sorry that came up, but I definitely encourage you to do as you are and put family first. I hope she gets better soon!
    I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make the script in time, but I have a functional one now. I plan to keep working on it and improving it before turning it in, but even if I don't get all the improvements I want done I'll still submit what I have, so for sure count me in
    Sounds great! Nobody has submitted so far, which I HOPE is because people want the extra time to bugfix

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Sounds great! Nobody has submitted so far, which I HOPE is because people want the extra time to bugfix
    Made, ran tests, had some great results, forgot, remembered, have no time cause of exams. Probably will try to retest it the last day before deadline and then submit Also 'silent pig is digging deep root' i mean about cyanempire and undorak.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

submitted my script, expect nothing of it! made it in 2 hours... arrived home from vacations at 10:30 pm, leaving tomorrow again at 8:00 am.. (its 2 am now) so yeah, i dont expect to win anything here! would love the cup though

i wish Luck to everyone and keep it up! there is still time to register and make a script!

Lipcot (undorak7).
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lipcot View Post
    submitted my script, expect nothing of it! made it in 2 hours... arrived home from vacations at 10:30 pm, leaving tomorrow again at 8:00 am.. (its 2 am now) so yeah, i dont expect to win anything here! would love the cup though

i wish Luck to everyone and keep it up! there is still time to register and make a script!

Lipcot (undorak7).
    Note: SRL Members and above are not eligible
    Did you post on the wrong thread?
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riwu View Post
    Did you post on the wrong thread?
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111241
    nope! i got srl membs after entering the competition and was allowed to participate in both! Although i havent even had time to make a script for the other competition
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information