Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Bot Competition [Member's Edition]

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Default Fastest Bot Competition [Member's Edition]

Fastest Bot Competition - $100+ first prize!

Entry is open to:

• SRL Members
    • Everyone Above Member as well

Post on the thread if you would like to enter. Scripts are due on the 12th of January 2015

Prize:

• A total prize pool of 200m RS3 GP will be given out (possibly more) - (note: my personal donation will be delayed due to having to collect it after donating to the jmem- competition)
    • 1st: 100m + $100; 2nd: 60m; 3rd: 40m;
    • Increased e-peen and respect at the oldest surviving RS botting community
    • You will get the sought after SRL Competition Cup (only a handful of people have this)
    • You will also have the right to say that you are the winning MEMBER+ of the first ever ranked speed botting competition.

I am currently putting up 200m for this competition, although it will be a delayed gift after the competition. I believe more may be incoming, at which point further positions, and higher awards may be given out. Bonsai has graciously posted an amazing $100 for the first prize! Good luck and let the competition come on!

Script Guidelines:
    • It will mine
    • The account will start at level 1 mining
    • It uses SRL6
    • It banks said ore/clay
    • Nobody has already released the script
    • Trading with other accounts is disallowed.
    • The script must stop itself.
    • The goal is level 40 mining, banking everything mined along the way - NO POWERMINING
    • I highly recommend testing at least once as there a number of nuances in the low level range (like that magical lvl 10 ad box)

Script quality is a concern. Quality will be marked on a 50 point scale, with the speed rating given the other 50 points (as decided by averaging the scores of the competitors, such that the average score is 25 in speed).

What the account is allowed to have before script runs:
    • A pre-designated starting position (just mention it in the PM when you submit the script)

Myself, @NKN, and @bonsai; will be judging all entries. PM your script to myself or NKN (Do not PM the script to Bonsai) before the due date. Results will be released within one week of the competition closing. (Credits to Mayor for format of this thread)

Can you get help:

Yes you can! If you need help with your code, or have any questions, post them in the RS3 help section.

If you simply want to learn some of the basics to scripting today (because we all know you guys have barely scripted since gaining member's), then feel free to read away here:

Entrants:

Good Luck!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

In.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Will lodestones be activated?

E: I asume it is f2p?
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post

It will be f2p, as the only assumption you can have is that the account has a pre-determined starting point. The plan at the moment is that no Lodestones will be activated, HOWEVER, people can feel free to activate lodestones themselves and then use them in the process of the script.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    In.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post

HUGE NOTICE: Bonsai has just donated $100 cash, to be doled out as the winner desires (so long as he can accomplish any related desire) to the winning position!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

I'm in, as you most likely already knew.
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Count me in

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

Make me honorary member for this one.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akarigar View Post
    Considering you are a developer by trade I deem you ineligible for the non-member competition.

(Which means you're ok for this one)

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akarigar View Post
    Sorry Ash, you're only eligible for a competition based on the rank as they are announced. If you wish to submit something merely to see where you could have ranked, I'm willing to accomodate you, however it can't/won't be official.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

I'm not in... but out of intrest are you allowing other stats (combat for agressive monsters and dungonereering gives some extra spots...)

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Killer View Post
    I'm not in... but out of intrest are you allowing other stats (combat for agressive monsters and dungonereering gives some extra spots...)
    Nope, the accounts will be made by the judges from scratch. I suppose if someone wanted to, the script could ALSO level combat to prepare for that... But I doubt it's worth it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Nope, the accounts will be made by the judges from scratch. I suppose if someone wanted to, the script could ALSO level combat to prepare for that... But I doubt it's worth it.
    Well if its for speed then some of the best spots may require combat? I just wanted clarity :P

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Well if its for speed then some of the best spots may require combat? I just wanted clarity :P
    No spot should REQUIRE combat... combat may make them easier, but you can program it to avoid the monsters

Edit: I also haven't seen @Clarity; speak up yet

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

No spot should REQUIRE combat... combat may make them easier, but you can program it to avoid the monsters

Edit: I also haven't seen @Clarity; speak up yet
    But it would help a lot.. avoiding them takes time... which I believe isnt the point? to take your time?
    and yeah... clarity bby... I want you<3

Also define fastest... is it fastest xp/hr or first to level 40? (and yes I do realise if you bot it from 1 to 40 its the same thing but clarity)

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

But it would help a lot.. avoiding them takes time... which I believe isnt the point? to take your time?
    and yeah... clarity bby... I want you<3

Also define fastest... is it fastest xp/hr or first to level 40? (and yes I do realise if you bot it from 1 to 40 its the same thing but clarity)
    The shortest time from script start to lvl 40 mining via the mining skill. I suppose fastest xp/hr would also be true in that case though

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

The shortest time from script start to lvl 40 mining via the mining skill. I suppose fastest xp/hr would also be true in that case though
    How long does 40 mining take?

Edit: I guess that question doesn't make sense because it depends. I guess I was thinking theoretical fastest possible.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

I'll give this a shot. 100 dollars is 25 12-packs of soda. That is 300 cans of soda. The stakes are high.

Also, are we allowed to give you some setup requirements? For example, asking that you run it in DirectX mode only?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Srl6 only? So using opengl hooking is not allowed?
    Also if u want to switch location when u reach certain level, u have to code it to auto switch and walk right? (i.e. user don't have to manually navigate the player around then restart script again

Could u elaborate on the 'quality' score? Is it just based on how human-like the script is, or whether the script uses advanced/creative methods?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Camel View Post
    I'll give this a shot. 100 dollars is 25 12-packs of soda. That is 300 cans of soda. The stakes are high.

Also, are we allowed to give you some setup requirements? For example, asking that you run it in DirectX mode only?
    Normal rs3 setup will be used, without any interception. However, I suppose I'd you're script could both change the settings to the desired setup and change them back when done, that could be allowed... I'll add onto the guidelines later showing the normal setup, if needed.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riwu View Post
    Srl6 only? So using opengl hooking is not allowed?
    Also if u want to switch location when u reach certain level, u have to code it to auto switch and walk right? (i.e. user don't have to manually navigate the player around then restart script again

Could u elaborate on the 'quality' score? Is it just based on how human-like the script is, or whether the script uses advanced/creative methods?
    (This would have been an edit to prior message, however using this website on mobile doesn't allow for it)

Correct, hooking is not allowed at the moment, although you could try and convince the other judges that you could devise a method of automatically setting up the plugin and hooks up a machine without it as part of the script.

Yes it has to be able to walk itself to the next area and continue.

As for quality scoring, it would be mostly based on script quality, with some marks based on human-like natures. Look at mayor's competition for a rough example, I can try and define it more in detail tomorrow if you wish?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    How long does 40 mining take?

Edit: I guess that question doesn't make sense because it depends. I guess I was thinking theoretical fastest possible.
    i cant tell you how long it takes, but its exactly: 37,224 xp

2411 is required for lvl 15. that is 138 copper/tin ore.

and then you just need to mine 995 iron ore.

just to be sure, the player wont start with ANY money nor lodestones activated?

PD: im IN!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

I can try and define it more in detail tomorrow if you wish?
    Would appreciate that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)

Sign me up.
    Currently lurking while messing around with dll injection. Will continue contributing after I finish my quest.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undorak7 View Post
    i cant tell you how long it takes, but its exactly: 37,224 xp

2411 is required for lvl 15. that is 138 copper/tin ore.

and then you just need to mine 995 iron ore.

just to be sure, the player wont start with ANY money nor lodestones activated?

PD: im IN!
    i messed up, thought this was the non srl memb comp haha. If i get accepted to SRL memb then i'll take part in this one, if not, the other one

it was late at night when i originally posted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information