Thread: [How to] fix mouselag when running simba + smart or another java app.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

Default [How to] fix (mouse)lag when running simba/smart!

So I've had a lot of lag problems while running simba/smart even though I got a beast computer and I just found the solution that I wanted to share.

You just need to make sure you're running the latest update of java.

how:
    uninstall any java copy on the computer
    download the latest 32/64 version of their site. ( note: you might want to install both when running a 64 bit OS )
    install it

^ this will make sure you're running the latest java version cus ( from my experience ) Smart (/other java apps) doesn't auto detect the latest java update installed and use it.
    all the java links can be found here:
    https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I thought Simba required 32bit Java?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    I thought Simba required 32bit Java?
    Nvm this, seems like you're right and I guess that the java 8 64 bit installer removed an old version of java 7 smart/simba was/were still using and made sure they used the newer version that was already on my system lol
    and like my testing confirmed, by uninstalling the latest java 7 update smart is now using java 8. So smart doesn't always use the latest java update and that gave some lag problems. I'm glad that ( I think ) I found the cause and that I was able to fix it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Smart is compatible with java 8. I didn't notice any performance difference b/w java 6, 7 and 8 though.
    64bit java takes out much more resources though, up to 700mb+ (requires 64bit simba and 64bit smart plugins to run)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riwu View Post
    Smart is compatible with java 8. I didn't notice any performance difference b/w java 6, 7 and 8 though.
    64bit java takes out much more resources though, up to 700mb+ (requires 64bit simba and 64bit smart plugins to run)
    The lag issues might be just there in one java 7 update, I didn't notice any improvements between java 7 and java 8. But the weird lag was gone after deleting the oldest java 7 update on my computer so that's probably the cause.
    It's quite stupid though that java doesn't auto delete older version when (auto)updating to newer ones.

Btw: I edited main post should have correct information now

Thread Information