Thread: Mechanical research paper.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Default Mechanical research paper.

Hi everyone,

I got an assigment to write any mechanical research paper. Studying mechanical engineering 2nd year. But the problem is, i dont know absolutely anything about it because we arent learning anything there just some random general stuff like math, physics, chemistry, statics, dynamics, kinemathics. We had a labor this year we used metalics plane to make even surface on cylindrical object to punch your yournal number....yes, yes i know i am pro now, i can work on any machine haha

Youd say i dont learn, but i do, my average is 9.3 out of 10, just the quality of studies is total *****. Anyways i dont wana get droped out because everywhere in my country studies are crapy quality (already have manager dyplom from other university, basicly i dont got smarter but dumber learning there...). You ask me why i need paper even if i dont learn anything? Well, no paper, no job...now selling paint...i dont wana sell it whole my life and earn whooping 300 euros per month. Actually i could buy the paper from lecturer who my lecturer advised to 'study individually with' , which means he told where to buy the work, but i dont have much money so need to make it myself.

Ok so i ask for an advice what theme could be so i can do it eazily without having any specific tools, or knowledge of mechanical processes? Maybe someone did something similar theme paper and could share resources with?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Well what is the topic of the paper exactly? Don't think you really ever mentioned that in your post.. @cosmasjdz;
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elfyyy View Post
    Well what is the topic of the paper exactly? Don't think you really ever mentioned that in your post.. @cosmasjdz;
    Anything related with mechanical engineering....Basicly i dont know what to choose...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Tomorrow 13:00(your time) I will be on IRC for help.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Look at that. a thread full of mechanical engineers. im generally on irc too.

So. basically... you have to write a paper for mechanical engineering? about... anything? Surely there are some sort of guidelines.
    What kind of paper are we talking here? A 50 page thesis research paper? a 10 page paper about stuff you looked up information on?

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    Look at that. a thread full of mechanical engineers. im generally on irc too.

So. basically... you have to write a paper for mechanical engineering? about... anything? Surely there are some sort of guidelines.
    What kind of paper are we talking here? A 50 page thesis research paper? a 10 page paper about stuff you looked up information on?
    A 10-20 page paper i made research on i mean practical one for anything related with mechanical engineering. I got a week for that. The only thing i got in my mind with my currect tools and stuff i could make something like steel cutting disk dependance on cost/manufacturing firm, to find the most cost-effective disc in the market. Or like metal cutting disks performance comparision to their thinknesses to specific metal thickness. I only have one kind of steel alloy in my garage so cant compare their cutting different materials. What do you guys think about those topics?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cosmasjdz View Post
    A 10-20 page paper i made research on i mean practical one for anything related with mechanical engineering. I got a week for that. The only thing i got in my mind with my currect tools and stuff i could make something like steel cutting disk dependance on cost/manufacturing firm, to find the most cost-effective disc in the market. Or like metal cutting disks performance comparision to their thinknesses to specific metal thickness. I only have one kind of steel alloy in my garage so cant compare their cutting different materials. What do you guys think about those topics?
    As we talked about earlier... I like this idea.
    or the Epoxy strength.
    or... hmm.

any ideas, @masterBB;?

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    As we talked about earlier... I like this idea.
    or the Epoxy strength.
    or... hmm.

any ideas, @masterBB;?
    I know, how about thermal paste, heat dissipation and central processing units

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    I know, how about thermal paste, heat dissipation and central processing units
    Yes, thats great and all for writing an informational paper... but he has to actually perform experiments. Which i doubt he has a spare computer lying around that he could try different thermal pastes on.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Making research on various glues and comparing them with anchors and plugs in various certain situations....Got everything i need in a shop i work in so starting tomorrow. Basicly about mounting systems pluses and minuses in certain situations, maybe some cost/efficiency research too.

Thread Information