1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Ancrath's safeCracker - Revamped v1.6

Version: 1.6 Gem Cutter
    Made by: Ancrath
    Released: 27 Feb 15
    Borrowed Script Authors: The Mayor, Ashaman, Coh3n, renzanity

There are safes in the Rogue's Den located underneath the bar in Taverley that give thieving xp (70), gold (20 or 40), and basic gems other than diamond. This script will crack said safes, will even use a Stethoscope, and then deposit the gems as your inventory becomes full. If/when your hp falls below 20% it will path itself over to the Taverley Bank to heal and then return to the safes. Recommended level would be 50+ along with the stethoscope, but can be started at level 25. The stethoscope is a non-tradeable item bought from Martin Thwait inside the Den, however you are required to have both 50 Agility and 50 Thieving to access his store. Now comes with progress reports to track all relevant information.

Setup: Decide what break values you want, fill in the information in the procedure DeclarePlayers(), and place your character by the safes. If you have a pin, enter it in the const section. Place safeCracker.png in your RUNESCAPE_OTHER folder. If you want to use a Stethoscope then place it in the first slot of your bank. Put an overall or thieving xp tracker in you chatbox where the picture above says "Xp Bar Here." For the gem cutter, put sapphire, emerald, and ruby on your 1-3 hotkeys. If you don't want the script to cut your gems then go to the const section and change the boolean value there to false.

Author Note: Programming is a hobby for me that I do when I have the time and the motivation. I make an honest effort to check the status of my threads at least twice a week to reply and keep up with you guys, so bear with me. This script has been an ever evolving script that started off as a Frankenstein bit of code thrown together and turned into what I consider an efficient, working script as I learned the ropes of coding in Simba. If there is an obvious and better way of doing something in my code, please tell me because I probably didn't even know and appreciate the advice. Thanks for any current and future advice, hope you enjoy the infinite supply of gems.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ancrath; 03-30-2015 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)

I... I love you. Will keep you posted on what bugs I find and whatnot...

Gratz on the re-release

It's not gay if it's efficient.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the love. I need to add fail-safes for the fail-safes, but I personally haven't had any problems yet so haven't implemented any yet.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)

Been running like a champ for 3 hours now. Still love you.

I'll get you something off the McDonald's dollar menu if you add a gem cutting feature. :3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hah, good to hear. I have a way in mind of doing it, I'll get around to it eventually but it might be a week or two before I even look at it. In a few days I'm going to be moving around a lot for a week or so, I'll definitely keep it in mind though man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

-- Depositing
    ---- bankScreen.quickDeposit(): Clicked quick deposit id 0
    -- isMouseOverText()
    ---- Current mouse-over text: "Withdraw-1 StetI1oscoF'e"
    ---- Found "Stet" in mouse-over string: "Withdraw-1 StetI1oscoF'e"
    -- isMouseOverText(): True
    ---- bankscreen.withdraw(): result = true
    -- Walking to safe
    -- WARNING: sps.getPlayerPos(): Didn't find enough matches accurately calc your postion
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = -1, Y = -1}, took 390 ms
    -- WARNING: sps.getPlayerPos(): Didn't find enough matches accurately calc your postion
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = -1, Y = -1}, took 406 ms
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = -1, Y = -1}, took 421 ms
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = -1, Y = -1}, took 405 ms
    -- sps.getPlayerPos(): result = {X = -1, Y = -1}, took 406 ms
    -- sps.walkPath(): result = False
    I don't know why but when he have full bag of gems then goes to bank, deposit them and then nothing happens just stand until i change camera angle to safes.(And script don't using map somehow, i tested healing in taverly but it's really buggy. From 10 tries 0 success.)

Any ideas? Thanks. (another scrips with maps and so on works fine, using same settings as recommended.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pizzapants View Post
    Been running like a champ for 3 hours now. Still love you.

I'll get you something off the McDonald's dollar menu if you add a gem cutting feature. :3
    Theres still mr.robotos version of this that does exactly what you want. but does not bank.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

Grats on the re-release!
    I'm looking into using this
    what's xp/hr like for thiev?
    im a retard

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GRIM View Post
    Grats on the re-release!
    I'm looking into using this
    what's xp/hr like for thiev?
    I was getting about 30-45k per hour depending on how the anti-ban rolled. (With 75 thieving)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not too sure MadGuy. I'm assuming the map is in the correct folder? I just got back from a lot of travelling so I'll look into it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been running the script and couldn't replicate any errors other than not starting the script in front of the safes. I thought I had set it to catch that, but either something got through the cracks or I didn't do it. Like I said time is an issue for me and I don't remember every bit of the script in detail. I should have time tomorrow to look through things again and update any errors that I find. I'll keep you all updated to what I change.

Edit - I'll also look into making a proggy, but no promises. I never cared for them personally so long as the script is safe, reliable, and reliable against bans, but I understand the demand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Version 1.3 Failsafes and Proggy

Added in some more failsafes that should hopefully make the script more foolproof. This includes a lodestone teleport if it cannot find Emerald or a safe within 5 times of their respective attempts.

The proggy is fairly simple and requires that you have an XP tracker in your chat box. Sometimes the number returned isn't correct and this can cause weird output. The check for your xp upon startup works everytime for me however, so the proggy only is affected for one output. The variables continue to track your progress correctly so it will eventually give you an honest proggy.

If there is any problems with the new stuff on your end, please leave some feedback about what happened and I'll look into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

how do you set up the healing feature as in where to put food or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

This script is working great for me! Thanks for all the hard work you put into this! Healing is not done via food, when below 20 percent health, your player walks to nearby bank then back to the den.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Will post a nice proggy for you when I wake up, thanks for this.
    I wonder if ring of wealth would affect this :c

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

So this script makes decent thieving exp.. what kind of money does it make? :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Enigmatic, the ring of wealth does not effect the drop rates unfortunately. In my experience the Stethoscope does have an impact, whether that was personal luck or not I'm not sure. It effects success rates so that does inherently mean more gems.

Jayden C, I'll add in a proggy that addresses monetary gains hopefully soon. The gems you receive are extremely random so its hard to make a rough estimate. Just something that would be an average from an extended period.

Glad that you all enjoy it though and it's working as expected. Keep me posted with any new errors, hopefully no old ones still exist lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Holy jeez this worked a treat!!! The total XP was about 30k more than what the proggy actually says so xp p/h is better also.
    Thanks a million.
    -- XP : 100070
    -- XPH : 10774.6546357287
    -- Safes Cracked : 1429.57142857143
    -- Safes Per Hour: 153.923637653267

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

can you make it so it doesnt lick on the same 3 pixels for the safe??

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

You can start opening these safes lvl 25 thieving.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Progress Report by The Mayor:
    -- XP            : 7420
    -- XPH           : 9530.37432193485
    -- Safes Cracked : 106
    -- Safes Per Hour: 136.148204599069

The safe cracking works sweet but it has trouble finding the trapdoor on the way back and goes into a lodestone tele -> walk to trapdoor loop. It's most likely bad entrance colours.

E: Updated the colours and it works sweet. For a more reliable solution, you could find those coloured bottle things on the window and the offset to get the trapdoor.
    Last edited by The Mayor; 02-04-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Ran for 6 hours, still crackin them safes dawg. Nice script

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Little foreword, I took a longer break from even looking at this site let alone the code then I meant to. Just too easily distracted by life, got a lot going on the next few years actually so I do what I can when I actually remember to update things. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Pompous, glad to hear you enjoyed it and no problem.

ashley1, going to look into it now and see what I can do. Like the OP says, I originally made this a while ago and the colors worked then so I honestly didn't even mess with the color finding of the safes when I started working on this again. I'll try to make it more randomized so its safer.

Cyanempire, cool to know, I'll add that to the OP

The Mayor, that's a pretty good idea, I had to do that with exit of the den itself and didn't even think to try that with the entrance.

EMMF, glad to hear another person found it reliable even with current problems.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Update: Changed the entrance values to The Mayor's suggestion of using the vials next to the entrance as a reference point. I suspect this might be the most likely to cause problems for others, the color recognition is working brilliantly for me, so need feedback from others on it. For ashley1's suggestion of different pixels to choose on the safe, not sure why but the damn thing is pretty stubborn about clicking the middle of the safe. The colors that the script is searching for are the wooden beams of the safe but will still click near the middle. To slightly remedy this I added in different colors from the safe to choose from in a case statement and I've noticed very slight changes in where it clicks. Not the best solution, but it works.

If any of these changes mess the script up and you want it to work, the original color values are commented out in the beginning. Just read the comments I put above the commented out section for the changes that need to be made, thanks. That or just back up your current version.

I still need to implement the progress reports on gold per hour and gems that Jayden C asked for, this is something that I've never scripted before so will take some time. Haven't forgotten about it though.
    Last edited by Ancrath; 02-21-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Works great, no problems. I did, however, update the entrance colors before using it due to the Mayor mentioning it wasn't working. Also, I'm using a slightly older version but idc it works good.

Suggestions: Take out any standard waits and replace them with at least a little randomness. You could use DTM's for the progress report and update the progress report if banking succeeds.(glad you have forgotten that, as stated in the post above this). Maybe add a breaking system, not necessary though. It could also be updated to use the SRL form but I personally prefer not having it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information