Thread: [HTML]Javascript][JQuiry?]Is it possible?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Default [HTML]Javascript][JQuiry?]Is it possible?

Is it possible to access information from site A from a script on site B on the same computer.

Example: I need to retrieve the name of someone in Site A,

It appears to be stored in this code

Code:
    <span style="width: 1px"><input id="incident.caller_id" class="direction:ltr" type="hidden" onchange="onChange('incident.caller_id')" name="incident.caller_id" value="cac2822e4cc8a500fbf04c45b7ae6e38"><input id="sys_display.original.incident.caller_id" type="hidden" name="sys_display.original.incident.caller_id" value="THIS IS WHERE THE NAME IS">
    Can I retrieve that info from site B somehow?
    Last edited by JPHamlett; 01-18-2015 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Fixed [CODE] tag

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

Since it sounds like you own both the sites, you can use CORS to make cross domain requests. Here is a pretty decent tutorial that will help you set it up. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any more questions.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Retrieve the page with jQuery and parse the HTML to get the value?
    $.get
    $.ajax

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J J View Post
    Retrieve the page with jQuery and parse the HTML to get the value?
    $.get
    $.ajax
    The issue is that the URL does not change. The name seems to be stored in a javascript applet(not sure about the terminology). Can I grab the fields of javascript?

I can pull the code up when I right click and select inspect element on Chrome.

Fairly similar to old school reflection.
    Last edited by JPHamlett; 01-19-2015 at 01:01 AM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JPHamlett View Post
    The issue is that the URL does not change. The name seems to be stored in a javascript applet(not sure about the terminology). Can I grab the fields of javascript?

I can pull the code up when I right click and select inspect element on Chrome.

Fairly similar to old school reflection.
    If Chrome can show it then you can grab the value.
    With the help of http://api.jquery.com/jquery.parsehtml/ or a different library it is certainly possible to grab the fields.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

as said, CORS
    assuming you own both sites. cross domain security complaints / issues have been around for a long time
    other than that you'd need some naughty hacks to have the client get the page in the background & parse through it is probably the easiest part.. or use php/something else to

assuming it is your site access_control_allow_origin header should be '*' for all or 'whatever site name is' for CORS

parsing shouldn't be your biggest issue.. and you shouldn't be using all of jquery to do so

HTML Code:
    <span style="width: 1px">
    <input id="incident.caller_id" class="direction:ltr" type="hidden" onchange="onChange('incident.caller_id')" name="incident.caller_id" value="cac2822e4cc8a500fbf04c45b7ae6e38">
    <input id="sys_display.original.incident.caller_id" type="hidden" name="sys_display.original.incident.caller_id" value="THIS IS WHERE THE NAME IS">

<script>

var wut = document.getElementById('sys_display.original.incident.caller_id').value;
    console.log(wut);
    </script>
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Thread Information