Thread: Ebola? What happened?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Default Ebola? What happened?

For a few months the media hyped up all the people in America about ebola, and now we hear nothing of it? The media really should find some more interesting topics like Runeacape

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

People realized that ebola was nothing to be afraid of because we in the first world have this neat little thing called basic sanitation.

Once the media realized that they couldn't fearmonger the people with ebola-senpai anymore, it just went away.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    People realized that ebola was nothing to be afraid of because we in the first world have this neat little thing called basic sanitation.

Once the media realized that they couldn't fearmonger the people with ebola-senpai anymore, it just went away.
    Pretty much, but it's also terrible because the Ebola epidemic is actually getting worse, not better. The lack of media coverage being given to it means a lack of public interest in providing aid and support to the WHO.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

The shortage of clean drinking water, the lack of water for field irrigation and the lack of common medicine are a way bigger problem in most of the areas struck by ebola. This is not comparable. Ebola was mostly hyped by the media.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

They found better stories to focus on obviously. But seriously, there are a lot of things wrong in the world and focusing on a disease that has no known cure (afaik) would be pretty pointless, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

I think ISIS took the cake and overshadowed ebola as the global panic, especially since ebola is kind of a non-factor in the industrialized world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

ISIS tbh is much more interesting than listening about a disease that has been around for 20 years as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

if you don't live in a 3rd world country your chance of getting ebola is lower than your chance of getting out the friend-zone. in my opinion, the media just wanted to get our minds focusing on things that didn't matter to us, but scared us, just to get our minds away from actual dangers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

I recently had to sign a contract saying I wasn't experiencing ebola like symptoms and haven't been to any part of africa for the last 4 weeks or something ridiculous like that before the doctor would see me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wowgnomes View Post
    I recently had to sign a contract saying I wasn't experiencing ebola like symptoms and haven't been to any part of africa for the last 4 weeks or something ridiculous like that before the doctor would see me.
    That's odd because I had to go to the hospital because I was really sick and they didn't even mention ebola at all and I even had ebola-like symptoms lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

The News really blew it out of proportion. It was never a huge threat to the United States, but people still panicked. Eventually, people stop caring. Just like that flight that went missing..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Ebola is a government conspiracy fo' sho.
    Australia has thorough treatment and isolation for all persons entering the country, so I ain't even sweatin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

I guess it died down a bit. I'm not hearing anything about Ebola anymore. I would say it's government related though. Population Control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Vaccines are almost ready too, to remove the remaining hype of ebola
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fimmy Jallon is here ! Lets get Fimmy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

The media is doing the same thing with measles now, that they used to do with ebola.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

No that is a real problem, measles is EASILY spread whereas ebola was very hard to contract unless you liked playing with feces.

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

EVERY SINGLE YEAR they come out with some crazy new disease that everyone has to be terrified of. Then, at the end of the year, they come out with inoculations and make a killing for the pharmaceutical industry. A lot of people also don't realize that just the spread of fear is incredible for pharmaceutical companies because when people are scared they literally convince themselves they're sick and spend money on meds when its really only a cold or even nothing at all.

Media = free hype
    Pharms = $$$$$$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

When "Ebola diead out" or what ever they call its not intrersting for media to post anything about anymore. I have no clue what ebola really was if it was something that USA made and put it in africa.

Thread Information