Thread: Mousing Moving Objects

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Default Mousing Moving Objects

I've been experimenting around with the mousing procedure we all use. I've modified it to update the position of the point its mousing at while its moving there, allowing me to fairly accurately mouse moving objects.

Before I continue, all credit for this post goes to @Flight and @BenLand100 as they wrote humanwindMouse and I just modified/bastardized it.

Anyway, here is a video of the code doing things. This video has incredibly low quality, you might need to fullscreen it to see what is actually happening.

Obviously, the air altar isn't moving, i'm just playing with the camera so relative to you its moving. I couldn't find an object that moves around fast enough to show off what this can actually do. But hopefully you get the picture.

Here is all the code used in the video.

This is the modified HumanWindMouse. I pass it a procedure to update the TPoint and I changed a few things in it as well.
    Simba Code:
    procedure Mmoving(xs, ys, gravity, wind, minwait, maxwait, targetArea : Extended; updateP : procedure(var p : TPoint));
    var
      veloX,veloY,windX,windY,veloMag,dist,randomDist,lastDist,D: extended;
      lastX,lastY,MSP,W,TDist: integer;
      pointi : TPoint;
      T : LongWord;
      sqrt2,sqrt3,sqrt5,maxStep,rCnc: extended;
    begin
      MSP  := mouseSpeed;
      sqrt2:= sqrt(2);
      sqrt3:= sqrt(3);
      sqrt5:= sqrt(5);

updateP(pointI);
      if PointI.x = -1 then
        exit;

TDist := distance(round(xs), round(ys), pointI.x, pointI.y);
      t := getSystemTime() + 10000;
      repeat
        if (getSystemTime() > t) then
          break;

updateP(pointI);
        if PointI.x = -1 then
          exit;

dist:= hypot(xs - pointI.x, ys - pointI.y);

wind:= minE(wind, dist);
        if (dist < 1) then
          dist := 1;

D := (round((round(TDist)*0.3))/7);
        if (D > 25) then
          D := 25;
        if (D < 5) then
          D := 5;

rCnc := random(6);
        if (rCnc = 1) then
          D := randomRange(2,3);

if (D <= round(dist)) then
          maxStep := D
        else
          maxStep := round(dist);

if dist >= targetArea then
        begin
          windX:= windX / sqrt3 + (random(round(wind) * 2 + 1) - wind) / sqrt5;
          windY:= windY / sqrt3 + (random(round(wind) * 2 + 1) - wind) / sqrt5;
        end else
        begin
          windX:= windX / sqrt2;
          windY:= windY / sqrt2;
        end;

veloX:= veloX + windX;
        veloY:= veloY + windY;
        veloX:= veloX + gravity * (PointI.x - xs) / dist;
        veloY:= veloY + gravity * (PointI.y - ys) / dist;

if (hypot(veloX, veloY) > maxStep) then
        begin
          randomDist:= maxStep / 2.0 + random(round(maxStep) div 2);
          veloMag:= sqrt(veloX * veloX + veloY * veloY);
          veloX:= (veloX / veloMag) * randomDist;
          veloY:= (veloY / veloMag) * randomDist;
        end;

lastX:= round(xs);
        lastY:= round(ys);
        xs:= xs + veloX;
        ys:= ys + veloY;

if (lastX <> round(xs)) or (lastY <> round(ys)) then
          moveMouse(round(xs), round(ys));

W := (random((round(100/MSP)))*6);
        if (W < 5) then
          W := 5;
        W := round(W*0.9);
        wait(W);
        lastdist:= dist;
      until(hypot(xs - PointI.x, ys - PointI.y) < 3);

mouseSpeed := MSP;
    end;

I also made a procedure to make using the above procedure easier. (just like we do with the actual humanWindMouse)

Simba Code:
    procedure mMovingObject(button: integer;  updateP : procedure(var p : TPoint));
    var
      randSpeed: extended;
      x,y,ms: integer;
    begin
      if (button = MOUSE_NONE) then
        exit;

ms := mouseSpeed;
      randSpeed := (random(mouseSpeed) / 2.0 + mouseSpeed) / 10.0;
      getMousePos(x,y);

Mmoving(x, y, MOUSE_HUMAN, 5, 10.0/randSpeed, 15.0/randSpeed, 10.0*randSpeed, @updateP);

mouseSpeed := ms;
      fastClick(button);
    end;

And then the procedure that gives the TPoint for the air altar.

Simba Code:
    procedure findAltar(var p : TPoint);
    var
      TPA : TPointARray;
      x,y : integer;

begin

findColorsSpiralTolerance(x,y,TPA,13480323,mainscreen.getBounds(),7,colorSetting(2, 0.45, 0.85));
      if (Length(TPA) < 1) then
      begin
        p.x := -1;
      end;

p := middleTPA(TPA);
    end;

And the program.

Simba Code:
    begin
      SetupSRL();
      mMovingObject(MOUSE_RIGHT,@findAltar);
    end.

This is just the bare stuff, there is absolutely no failsafes in this, it just assumes the altar is in vision. It doesn't check mouseover text or really anything. To use this in a script, it would have to be modified to be able to deal with failure.

So yeah, I think this has potential for use in some things. Especially when its just an object with a very unique color.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Oh, wow. This is cool. Rep+, will use for sure.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

this is a very very nice idea, I will be using it ...I was too lazy to make it myself

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Very nice. After work going to try it out. If it works then biggest flaw in my opinion which getting banned was not finding or failing toomuch on moving objects while going to waka tree and fairy rings would be fixed. Also in some ocassions drags finding, but made it way faster using mmtoms to generate search boxes for drag i want to get, so now not picking random or closes tpa in screen but mostly closest drag in space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

is it possible to pass parameters like this?

for example:
    mMovingObject(MOUSE_RIGHT,@findAltar(p));

I get errors..

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zef Style View Post

for example:

I get errors..
    No.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

for example:

I get errors..
    I don't think so - you should be passing a function that outputs the TPoint 'p' so there's no need for you to pass the param to the function that you're already passing to mMovingObject()

E: Ninja'd by slacky
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

I would like to be able to pass it the first found coords of the object, then have the @find function search for that object in a box that updates while the mouse moves..instead of searching the entire screen..

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I would like to be able to pass it the first found coords of the object, then have the @find function search for that object in a box that updates while the mouse moves..instead of searching the entire screen..
    You could do that internally in mMovingObject(), no? Add a new parameter, 'bounds' or similiar, it'd be a TBox. You'd have to search the whole screen first, but then update the TBox continually with the new bounds and search in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    You could do that internally in mMovingObject(), no? Add a new parameter, 'bounds' or similiar, it'd be a TBox. You'd have to search the whole screen first, but then update the TBox continually with the new bounds and search in there.
    that will not work mMovingObject just passes the @find to windmouse, the only way to do it would be to put it into the custom wind mouse..however, that would be quite inconvenient to have say 2-3 custom wind mouse functions in one script..haha

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

You have to be careful, your find() procedure could use quite some time (in terms of a mouse wait) which would change how the mouse is handled. A regular mouse wait uses something like 5-16ms, if you add another 16ms on that you're adding alot more wait time between the mouse steps.

I was also doing something like this but with multithreading to find my moving NPC.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    You have to be careful, your find() procedure could use quite some time (in terms of a mouse wait) which would change how the mouse is handled. A regular mouse wait uses something like 5-16ms, if you add another 16ms on that you're adding alot more wait time between the mouse steps.

I was also doing something like this but with multithreading to find my moving NPC.
    What you exzactly mean of multithreading? used something like sharetabs plugin in one to track object in another update mouse pos? I really need to make something like this to catch non unique object while running and rotating camera at once..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

I am very baffled with this script. It works great for one findcolor but not another. I used for Great Demons
    Simba Code:
    findColorsSpiralTolerance(x,y,TPA,3237839,mainscreen.getBounds(),23,colorSetting(2, 0.14, 1.65));
    and this for a NPC in falador
    Simba Code:
    findColorsSpiralTolerance(x,y,TPA,4832693,mainscreen.getBounds(),9,colorSetting(2, 0.17, 1.65));
    The findcolorspiral worked fine 100% of the time in falador but the other will not work. Made like 10 new ones on other monsters in the area, none of them would work. It would slowly move to a random spot on the screen and right click. All I am trying to do right now is for it to find what it is I am looking for and right click. This script is great for the falador NPC because it follows as they move. Can someone please help me figure out how to get this to work in other areas? I used same character and script but once I changed the numbers it stopped working for the alternative object. I have been trying to get some kind of debug or info as to why it just moves to a random spot and clicks but have not been able to get anything.

edit: i figured out the problem. This creates a TPoint which is good for one object, when there are multiple it gets confused. I changed it to ATPA to seperate all the points and works pretty well now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Edit: How do I speed up the mouse? I've set mousespeed to 150 and its still very slow getting to the npc, which is a problem if I'm running towards it (the mouse almost doesn't move if I run at the right angle).

Thank you so much! This is how I implemented the code, I'm about to test it:
    Simba Code:
    begin
      findColorsSpiralTolerance(x, y, TPA1, 13819881, mainscreen.getBounds(), 6, colorSetting(2, 0.72, 1.56));
      findColorsSpiralTolerance(x, y, TPA2, 3158310, mainscreen.getBounds(), 5, colorSetting(2, 9.94, 1.06));

// Combine and sort color TPAs
      TPA1.combine(TPA2);
      ATPA := TPAtoATPAEx(TPA1, 8, 14);
      ATPA.filterBetween(1, 40);
      SortATPAFromFirstPoint(ATPA, Point(175, 0));

p := ATPA[0].getMiddle();
      if (length(ATPA) < 1) then
    end;

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swaggle_pants View Post
    Edit: How do I speed up the mouse? I've set mousespeed to 150 and its still very slow getting to the npc, which is a problem if I'm running towards it (the mouse almost doesn't move if I run at the right angle).

Thank you so much! This is how I implemented the code, I'm about to test it:
    Simba Code:
    begin
      findColorsSpiralTolerance(x, y, TPA1, 13819881, mainscreen.getBounds(), 6, colorSetting(2, 0.72, 1.56));
      findColorsSpiralTolerance(x, y, TPA2, 3158310, mainscreen.getBounds(), 5, colorSetting(2, 9.94, 1.06));

// Combine and sort color TPAs
      TPA1.combine(TPA2);
      ATPA := TPAtoATPAEx(TPA1, 8, 14);
      ATPA.filterBetween(1, 40);
      SortATPAFromFirstPoint(ATPA, Point(175, 0));

p := ATPA[0].getMiddle();
      if (length(ATPA) < 1) then
    end;
    You'd have to fiddle with the code in the mMovingObject procedure.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swaggle_pants View Post
    Edit: How do I speed up the mouse? I've set mousespeed to 150 and its still very slow getting to the npc,
    The SRL mouse functions _brakeWindMouse and _humanWindMouse use the mouseSpeed setting but the logic is such that it hits a limit somewhere around 30 and goes no faster. Both functions have a wait in them:
    Simba Code:
    wait(W);

If you cut that wait in half you will find you can set it much higher:

Simba Code:
    wait(round(W/2));

You can copy them into your script and add the override keyword so it uses your version:

Simba Code:
    procedure _humanWindMouse(xs, ys, xe, ye, gravity, wind, minWait, maxWait, targetArea: extended);  override;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

this is neat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Great work! It always excites me to see things like this being developed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Awesome idea and coding! I love this. This would be very helpful for NPC's who walk around. Rep+ for you. I wish I had thought of this

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    226 Post(s)

I've found that integrating these in a record to be very efficient in terms of script lines. It needed a little tinkering with the code. Instead of having the tpoint procedure be an input in the function itself, I just had it update the tpoint through "pointI := self.getPoint" for example

So I don't have to write multiple functions for each npc I wanted to find. If anyone would like me to share it and explain how it works, shoot me a PM.

This snippet has really really improved my scripts. So thank you!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

I know this is an old thread, but I've been fiddling around with some of this as I was looking into ways on mousing a moving target, and this thread is very aptly relevant aha -

Anyways, I've modified the code to be a little more generic (the basic groundwork has been laid to find any object) through the use of records (as @fady mentioned), and turning the procedure into a function that returns a TPoint.

This is still largely a draft, but I just want to get out there what I've been working on.

Here's the test record I've been using:

Simba Code:
    type
      TFinderObj = record
        ColorData: TColorData;
        Size: integer;
        OverText: TStringArray;
      end;

For the actual findObj function I've laid out, it's main weakness is the fact that it does return the point that which is the middle of literally every match of the color, the TPA - without further filtering that may be useful on a per-use instance. I do have a 'Size' record variable that I thought could be used for this, but I'm still trying to figure out the best method. Not sure if I want to use toATPA or cluster on the TPA, and then sort the results from the player or something - or maybe just return the whole TPA array and loop through as is a pretty standard method, but that still seems unnecessary. Maybe just set x and y to the player coordinates for the SpiralTolerance call... ¯\_(?)_/¯

Anyways, here's what my findObj function looks like:

Simba Code:
    function findObj(objData: TFinderObj; searchArea: TBox): TPoint;
    var
      ATPA: T2DPointArray;
      TPA: TPointARray;
      x, y: integer;
      t: TTimeMarker;
      p: TPoint;
    begin
      t.reset(); t.start();
      repeat
        if (t.getTime() > 2500) then
          exit(Point(-1, -1));

findColorsSpiralTolerance(x, y, TPA, objData.ColorData.color, searchArea, objData.ColorData.tolerance, objData.ColorData.settings);
      until length(TPA) >= 1;

if length(TPA) >= 1 then
        p := middleTPA(TPA);

result := p;
    end;

- this will be used in conjunction with a slightly modified iteration of Camel's modification on _humanWindMouse which now is a function that returns a boolean on whether or not it's reached it's destination:

Simba Code:
    function mMoving(xs, ys, gravity, wind, minwait, maxwait, targetArea: Extended; objData: TFinderObj; searchArea: TBox): boolean;
    var
      veloX, veloY, windX, windY, veloMag, dist, randomDist, D: extended;
      lastX, lastY, MSP, W, TDist: integer;
      pointI: TPoint;
      T: LongWord;
      sqrt2, sqrt3, sqrt5, maxStep, rCnc: extended;
    begin
      MSP  := mouseSpeed;
      sqrt2:= sqrt(2);
      sqrt3:= sqrt(3);
      sqrt5:= sqrt(5);

pointI := findObj(objData, searchArea);
      if PointI.X = -1 then
        exit;

TDist := distance(round(xs), round(ys), pointI.x, pointI.y);
      t := getSystemTime() + 10000;
      repeat
        if (getSystemTime() > t) then
          break;

pointI := findObj(objData, searchArea);
        if PointI.X = -1 then
          exit;

dist:= hypot(xs - pointI.x, ys - pointI.y);

wind:= minE(wind, dist);
        if (dist < 1) then
          dist := 1;

D := (round((round(TDist)*0.3))/7);
        if (D > 25) then
          D := 25;
        if (D < 5) then
          D := 5;

rCnc := random(6);
        if (rCnc = 1) then
          D := randomRange(2,3);

if (D <= round(dist)) then
          maxStep := D
        else
          maxStep := round(dist);

if dist >= targetArea then
        begin
          windX:= windX / sqrt3 + (random(round(wind) * 2 + 1) - wind) / sqrt5;
          windY:= windY / sqrt3 + (random(round(wind) * 2 + 1) - wind) / sqrt5;
        end else
        begin
          windX:= windX / sqrt2;
          windY:= windY / sqrt2;
        end;

veloX:= veloX + windX;
        veloY:= veloY + windY;
        veloX:= veloX + gravity * (PointI.x - xs) / dist;
        veloY:= veloY + gravity * (PointI.y - ys) / dist;

if (hypot(veloX, veloY) > maxStep) then
        begin
          randomDist:= maxStep / 2.0 + random(round(maxStep) div 2);
          veloMag:= sqrt(veloX * veloX + veloY * veloY);
          veloX:= (veloX / veloMag) * randomDist;
          veloY:= (veloY / veloMag) * randomDist;
        end;

lastX:= round(xs);
        lastY:= round(ys);
        xs:= xs + veloX;
        ys:= ys + veloY;

if (lastX <> round(xs)) or (lastY <> round(ys)) then
          moveMouse(round(xs), round(ys));

W := (random((round(100/MSP)))*6);
        if (W < 5) then
          W := 5;
        W := round(W*0.9);
        wait(W);
      until(hypot(xs - PointI.x, ys - PointI.y) < 3);

if (hypot(xs - PointI.x, ys - PointI.y) < 3) then
        exit(true);

mouseSpeed := MSP;
    end;

... which of course is used through a wrapper function which returns that result:

Simba Code:
    function mMovingObject(objData: TFinderObj; searchArea: TBox; button: integer): boolean;
    var
      randSpeed: extended;
      x, y, ms: integer;
    begin
      if (button = MOUSE_NONE) then
        exit;

ms := mouseSpeed;
      randSpeed := (random(mouseSpeed) / 2.0 + mouseSpeed) / 10.0;
      getMousePos(x,y);

if mMoving(x, y, MOUSE_HUMAN, 5, 10.0/randSpeed, 15.0/randSpeed, 10.0*randSpeed, objData, searchArea) then
        begin
          fastClick(button);
          exit(true);
        end;

mouseSpeed := ms;
    end;

And then when used all together to find, say, the Prifddinas bonfire (data pulled from my Bonfirer for ease), we get a use case that looks something like:

Simba Code:
    var
      bonfire: TFinderObj;
    begin
      setupSRL();

with bonfire do
      begin
        ColorData := [2712485, 3, [2, [0.06, 0.25]]];
        Size := 20;
        OverText := ['onfire', 'Bonf'];
      end;

if (mMovingObject(bonfire, mainScreen.getBounds(), MOUSE_MOVE)) then
        if (isMouseOverText(bonfire.OverText, 1000)) then
          writeLn('We found the bonfire!');
    end.

Of course, this is still a draft in trying to get it to work in as many situations as possible, and probably some adjustments could be made to on what makes these functions return true and stuff - but I think this is a good start!

Very cool stuff!

Also, if you want to stay up to date with or contribute to this development, feel free to visit the GitHub.
    Last edited by Lama; 08-01-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post

Is multi-threading possible with SIMBA (for OSRS)(without a plugin)

Or are you just complaining?

Thread Information