1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

i run all my bots on good old thinkpad with 4gb of ram, and a quad core i5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

I think my build isn't that bad, and I still have yet to push it.
    AMD 9590
    Corsair 1866 16GB Ram
    Sabertooth 990fx
    980 GTX
    Corsair H100I
    Corsair AX1200I

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

The other thing you can try is if you get windows 8 pro, there is a program called HyperV that you might want to look into as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxjq View Post
    i run all my bots on good old thinkpad with 4gb of ram, and a quad core i5
    how many of bots you manage to run on it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nufineek View Post
    how many of bots you manage to run on it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Hey guys, I've recently started thinking again about buying a botting machine for 25+ bots. What do you think about this workstation from the link below? In my opinion, for the 1000GBP its a great value with the 12 cores at 3ghz and 32gbs of ram. But do you think its ideal for running VMs with bots? I don't really know the difference between normal and ECC RAM neither I have any experience with dual processors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Z600-PC-W...item3cf95aed2b

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Hey guys, I've recently started thinking again about buying a botting machine for 25+ bots. What do you think about this workstation from the link below? In my opinion, for the 1000GBP its a great value with the 12 cores at 3ghz and 32gbs of ram. But do you think its ideal for running VMs with bots? I don't really know the difference between normal and ECC RAM neither I have any experience with dual processors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Z600-PC-W...item3cf95aed2b
    Dont think its a bad deal, but it'll take a while to cash in on investments.
    Unsure if the quadro is needed either and I would opt for a new 2011-3 system if you are going 4+ cores.

I havent bothered with dual sockets myself either.

The deal seems rather good, but I'm not sure of those xeons. But they'll probably run just fine.
    And the cpu cores n speed vs ram ratio is good aswell I think. You'll max out both at the same time most likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lovebotter View Post
    Dont think its a bad deal, but it'll take a while to cash in on investments.
    Unsure if the quadro is needed either and I would opt for a new 2011-3 system if you are going 4+ cores.

I havent bothered with dual sockets myself either.

The deal seems rather good, but I'm not sure of those xeons. But they'll probably run just fine.
    And the cpu cores n speed vs ram ratio is good aswell I think. You'll max out both at the same time most likely.
    Well, sure, 2011-3 would be better but similar 12 core setup would cost at least 3 or 4 times more on 2011-3. Thats why I thought this may be the best option for me right now. And I am on Xeon currently - a 4 core E3-1230v2. I've had no problems with it so far.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Well, sure, 2011-3 would be better but similar 12 core setup would cost at least 3 or 4 times more on 2011-3. Thats why I thought this may be the best option for me right now. And I am on Xeon currently - a 4 core E3-1230v2. I've had no problems with it so far.

You're probably right that it'll be more cost effectieve botting on an older platform.
    The link you provided is a good deal, but you dont need a workstation. Those come with gfx cards mainly used in 3D rendering, and are costly.

Also I use about 400mb ram per bot. You might not need 32, but 16 might not be sufficient.

How about a E5 2630 v3 with 16gb ddr4? You could go single socket itx or even dual socket if you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

You're probably right that it'll be more cost effectieve botting on an older platform.
    The link you provided is a good deal, but you dont need a workstation. Those come with gfx cards mainly used in 3D rendering, and are costly.

Also I use about 400mb ram per bot. You might not need 32, but 16 might not be sufficient.

How about a E5 2630 v3 with 16gb ddr4? You could go single socket itx or even dual socket if you like.
    How would ddr4 help me right here?

Also, I don't know if you noticed it in my post - I run each of my bots within a VM, so each bot uses at least 900mb of RAM instead of 400mb. I don't insist on using the VM software to run my bots, I just find it convenient to have every simba and SMART in a separated tab + I can use a different proxy for each of them easily. However, the CPU performance and fps I'm getting within the VMs is much worse than if I just ran them within the host system. So is there any other way to manage 30+ bots easily?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

How would ddr4 help me right here?

Also, I don't know if you noticed it in my post - I run each of my bots within a VM, so each bot uses at least 900mb of RAM instead of 400mb. I don't insist on using the VM software to run my bots, I just find it convenient to have every simba and SMART in a separated tab + I can use a different proxy for each of them easily. However, the CPU performance and fps I'm getting within the VMs is much worse than if I just ran them within the host system. So is there any other way to manage 30+ bots easily?
    Lower voltage that'll return on investments in 5-6 months. Initial cost isn't much more currently..

About those xeons in your link:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1555059/y...#post_23898233

Tbh I would look for a server with that e5 2630 v3 and 16gb ddr4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Lower voltage that'll return on investments in 5-6 months. Initial cost isn't much more currently..
    Additionally your room won't become a furnace in the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

This is my setup for botting and gaming:

CPU type: QuadCore Intel Core i7-4790K, 4200 MHz (42 x 100)
    MB: Asus Z97-A (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 1 M.2, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
    RAM: 8GB - soon 16GB because of editing movies
    Graphic card: Asus R9280 Series 3GB
    HDD: 1 SSD 250GB Kingston and totalt of 3x3TB Seagate disks for downloading awesome tv-shows
    Screen: 2x 24" screens, Acer and ASUS brand.

When it comes to handeling simba, the java likes to chew up memory a bit, but i can play CS-GO, LOL, Dragon age and other games and still run simba at the same time

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drittnothing View Post
    This is my setup for botting and gaming:

CPU type: QuadCore Intel Core i7-4790K, 4200 MHz (42 x 100)
    MB: Asus Z97-A (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 1 M.2, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
    RAM: 8GB - soon 16GB because of editing movies
    Graphic card: Asus R9280 Series 3GB
    HDD: 1 SSD 250GB Kingston and totalt of 3x3TB Seagate disks for downloading awesome tv-shows
    Screen: 2x 24" screens, Acer and ASUS brand.

When it comes to handeling simba, the java likes to chew up memory a bit, but i can play CS-GO, LOL, Dragon age and other games and still run simba at the same time
    I doubt suggesting a 4790k over a 4690k is usefull for botting. I don't think Simba uses hyperthreading.

Besides, all he needs to know is what CPU to buy basicly.
    Once he knows that he'll be able to complete the rest of his build.

For me this comes down to either a Xeon E5 2630 v3 or a 5820K in terms of price/performance.
    I would probably go for the Xeon myself though. But the 5820K is just so cheap and allows overclocking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I doubt suggesting a 4790k over a 4690k is usefull for botting. I don't think Simba uses hyperthreading.

For me this comes down to either a Xeon E5 2630 v3 or a 5820K in terms of price/performance.
    I would probably go for the Xeon myself though. But the 5820K is just so cheap and allows overclocking.
    Yeah, truth be told i bought this machine for gaming and school work(PS, Adobe premier etc). Costed me around 14000,- norwegian or around 1913.35 USD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

E5 2630 is not that far from performance of my E3 1230 v2 - it has 6 cores instead of 4 but much lower clock aswell (2.3 base vs 3.3 base). I am looking for at least twice as much processing power than I get with my current build (mentioned in the 1st post of this thread). 5820k build is what I considered before I bumped into the dual xeon workstations for about 1000 GBP with 12 physical cores (24 threads), which still looks as a better deal for me even though it will consume much more power.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

E5 2630 is not that far from performance of my E3 1230 v2 - it has 6 cores instead of 4 but much lower clock aswell (2.3 base vs 3.3 base). I am looking for at least twice as much processing power than I get with my current build (mentioned in the 1st post of this thread). 5820k build is what I considered before I bumped into the dual xeon workstations for about 1000 GBP with 12 physical cores (24 threads), which still looks as a better deal for me even though it will consume much more power.
    I doubt you are looking at the 2630 v3... It's 8 core 2011-3 socket.
    Sure this 5650s are great value, but will probs run around 40% more wattage per bot.
    Besides why would you need a workstation gfx card?

I wouldnt bother with dual socket anyway. With 6-8 core (5820k or 2630v3) you'll be able to run plenty of bots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

I doubt you are looking at the 2630 v3... It's 8 core 2011-3 socket.
    Sure this 5650s are great value, but will probs run around 40% more wattage per bot.
    Besides why would you need a workstation gfx card?

I wouldnt bother with dual socket anyway. With 6-8 core (5820k or 2630v3) you'll be able to run plenty of bots.
    Within a host system for sure but Im running each one within a separate VM. Not sure how I would handle like 30 bots on 1 desktop

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Within a host system for sure but Im running each one within a separate VM. Not sure how I would handle like 30 bots on 1 desktop
    Will you actually use 30 bots though?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

This works wonders for me... https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-ser...2014-SP-64.xml I run my farm with ease.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    This works wonders for me... https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-ser...2014-SP-64.xml I run my farm with ease.

Isn't that cpu/ram ratio way wrong? No way you ever reach close to 64gb ram on that cpu?
    How many bots do you run btw?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Isn't that cpu/ram ratio way wrong? No way you ever reach close to 64gb ram on that cpu?
    How many bots do you run btw?
    I didn't mean to link to a specific one, just a enterprise dedicated server. I run 20-25 is depending on how bans are going. I have a custom order through them, I don't have nearly that much ram, I have 32gb and the CPU scaled as high as they would let me. Ends up at 180$ a month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Will you actually use 30 bots though?
    Definitely will. I run 12 atm and I am looking to run at least twice as much

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Definitely will. I run 12 atm and I am looking to run at least twice as much
    I'm pretty sure the 2630v3 will have around double the power of your E3 1230 v2. If not double, it'll be atleast 180%.
    Have you searched for those 5650s without workstation gfx?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure the 2630v3 will have around double the power of your E3 1230 v2. If not double, it'll be atleast 180%.
    Have you searched for those 5650s without workstation gfx?
    Yeah there are also some available without these Quadro GFX/with lower end GFX. Not many though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information