Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pc setup for botting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Lol I'm on a Laptop.
    I7 5730k with NVIDIA 670GTX graphics and 16 GB RAM. I average about 4 botting accounts at a time.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    Lol I'm on a Laptop.
    I7 5730k with NVIDIA 670GTX graphics and 16 GB RAM. I average about 4 botting accounts at a time.
    That cpu doesnt even exist? Besides a K series in a laptop?
    Cant compare a 670m with their non mobile counterparts anyway.

What did you end up getting nuf?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lovebotter View Post

Haha yeah you're correct I was a little gone when I replied. But it's 670m and I have an i7 cpu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Been busy with school for last few weeks and will be for a few more but I'll be looking into it as soon as Im done with school. I have the money prepared. Still hesitating between the 2nd hand workstation and some 2011-3 build (probably will go rather for the i7 5820k than the Xeon E52630v2 as the i7 comes at almost half the price of the E5 in my country right now).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nufineek View Post
    Been busy with school for last few weeks and will be for a few more but I'll be looking into it as soon as Im done with school. I have the money prepared. Still hesitating between the 2nd hand workstation and some 2011-3 build (probably will go rather for the i7 5820k than the Xeon E52630v2 as the i7 comes at almost half the price of the E5 in my country right now).

Yes that 5820k has a great value. Just make sure you either lower the voltage on stock speeds or overclock at any voltage, the Intel k series always tend to supply more voltage then actually needed on stock speeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Yes that 5820k has a great value. Just make sure you either lower the voltage on stock speeds or overclock at any voltage, the Intel k series always tend to supply more voltage then actually needed on stock speeds.
    Oh, definitely good to know Also, what GPU would you go for with this setup? I just need something to run the system UI. What about something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Nvidia-G...s=MSI+N720-1GD

I think it would do its job just fine at super low power consumption.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Oh, definitely good to know Also, what GPU would you go for with this setup? I just need something to run the system UI. What about something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Nvidia-G...s=MSI+N720-1GD

I think it would do its job just fine at super low power consumption.
    I wouldnt know tbh. Any of the low end 700 or 900 nvidia series would do just fine I suppose.
    It kinda sucks that they dont have integrated gfx on most if not all of their 2011-3 cpu's.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

If he's still around, @Gunner used to run something like 30 instances of SMART on one PC for his bot farm. He may be able to add something to the conversation.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

Also, what GPU would you go for with this setup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    If he's still around, @Gunner used to run something like 30 instances of SMART on one PC for his bot farm. He may be able to add something to the conversation.
    Indeed, thanks for the mention. The rig I built specifically for Simba botting handles 18 accounts comfortably, and I can push it to 20 if I really want to. Like if I wanna grill some hamburgers on the processor... But at that point scripts fail semi-regularly.

It stays in a remote location and I just Teamviewer into it to run it. The exact specs can be seen here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Wx6Nxr It was almost a year ago now that this rig was built.

It sits at 100% at 16 accounts, going to 18 lowers the tasks/hr just a bit, but it's still worth it. As I said going to 20 is really just creating headaches because of the crashes and tasks/hr overall isn't really any better than 18.

The GPU was pretty basic, but a GPU is absolutely a requirement because of the need for DX/OGL.

As has been mentioned in this thread, the use of VM's, VPN's, Proxies, etc are all pointless. They're only going to take up precious resources and running 16-18 accounts 24/7 for a year, I haven't seen a single ban...let alone anything like an IP ban.

The only other thing I would mention, I quickly skimmed but I didn't see much talk about it in this thread, is the cooling. A good liqiud cooler is an ABSOLUTE requirement when pushing the CPU this hard for this amount of time. I run the rig basically 24/7 and the fans do too. Do NOT skimp on cooling or you'll wind up with a $1500 paperweight.

I've never heard of anyone running more accounts than me since RS3, but maybe they're just better at keeping their mouth shut than I am lol. The processor you're looking at at first glance appears to be a little more robust than the one I went with, so you might break through the 20 account barrier. Good luck man and let me know if you have any other questions.

EDIT: One last thought...I'm running stock clock 4.0Ghz as well. Never even attempted to OC because the heat is already hanging out in the 90 degree range.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

If you are using a linux setup, and want vm's, docker is pretty cheap resource-wise.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Liquid cooling is 100% not needed. Not a single rackmount uses liquid cooling. Any semi decent cpu cooler better then stock will do. Even a coolermaster 212. They even chip 5960x with an Intel stock cooling, knowing it can cool the cpu just fine at stock voltages. Even at 100%.

860watt is way more then you'll need. That build would have been fine with 500w. Besides im pretty sure the 860i fan wont even spin at 50% load? Does it spin for you? I wouldnt want my server psu not to spin, even if corsair thinks it isn't needed. But on the other hand, most psu's are at their most efficient spot ar around 50%, so you'll get back your investment with your electrical bill later.

As much as I love noctua, there is no point getting them for a server, its not going to be quit anyway. And if you want it to be quit you should not have gone with a h100.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Indeed, thanks for the mention. The rig I built specifically for Simba botting handles 18 accounts comfortably, and I can push it to 20 if I really want to. Like if I wanna grill some hamburgers on the processor... But at that point scripts fail semi-regularly.

It stays in a remote location and I just Teamviewer into it to run it. The exact specs can be seen here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Wx6Nxr It was almost a year ago now that this rig was built.

It sits at 100% at 16 accounts, going to 18 lowers the tasks/hr just a bit, but it's still worth it. As I said going to 20 is really just creating headaches because of the crashes and tasks/hr overall isn't really any better than 18.

The GPU was pretty basic, but a GPU is absolutely a requirement because of the need for DX/OGL.

As has been mentioned in this thread, the use of VM's, VPN's, Proxies, etc are all pointless. They're only going to take up precious resources and running 16-18 accounts 24/7 for a year, I haven't seen a single ban...let alone anything like an IP ban.

The only other thing I would mention, I quickly skimmed but I didn't see much talk about it in this thread, is the cooling. A good liqiud cooler is an ABSOLUTE requirement when pushing the CPU this hard for this amount of time. I run the rig basically 24/7 and the fans do too. Do NOT skimp on cooling or you'll wind up with a $1500 paperweight.

I've never heard of anyone running more accounts than me since RS3, but maybe they're just better at keeping their mouth shut than I am lol. The processor you're looking at at first glance appears to be a little more robust than the one I went with, so you might break through the 20 account barrier. Good luck man and let me know if you have any other questions.

EDIT: One last thought...I'm running stock clock 4.0Ghz as well. Never even attempted to OC because the heat is already hanging out in the 90 degree range.
    You dont think you are the only botter with a comon gaming build right? I mean this is a classic as fk build.
    Latest i7k-series, zX7 chipset motherboard, fractal design case, stupid aio corsair liquid cooler and add another common psu that supports around double the wattage you need.
    There will be a dozen ppl on this forum with a similar build.

And 90 deg on a h100 stock speeds? You are doing it wrong.
    Atleast try to lower the vcore or reseat it, that should not happen.

Why did you get a k series and z97 motherboard if you dont even overclock it. That's the only reason one should not go with xeon for their server.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

You dont think you are the only botter with a comon gaming build right? I mean this is a classic as fk build.
    Latest i7k-series, zX7 chipset motherboard, fractal design case, stupid aio corsair liquid cooler and add another common psu that supports around double the wattage you need.
    There will be a dozen ppl on this forum with a similar build.

And 90 deg on a h100 stock speeds? You are doing it wrong.
    Atleast try to lower the vcore or reseat it, that should not happen.

Why did you get a k series and z97 motherboard if you dont even overclock it. That's the only reason one should not go with xeon for their server.
    Not sure why you feel the need to get some elitist prick attitude. I never said I was the only one with a botting rig. I said I haven't heard of anyone running more than 20 accounts. And even then I said they may be.

There's a reason my opinion was specifically asked for this thread. You can sit there all day and tell me all the things you think I did wrong, the fact is I run the largest bot farm on rs3 from a single rig that I've ever known of. If you think you can do better then post some screenshots. Which you won't because not only can you not do what I do, you don't even have an example of a larger farm. So.I reckon you can just keep your little elitist child attitude to yourself.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Not sure why you feel the need to get some elitist prick attitude. I never said I was the only one with a botting rig. I said I haven't heard of anyone running more than 20 accounts. And even then I said they may be.

There's a reason my opinion was specifically asked for this thread. You can sit there all day and tell me all the things you think I did wrong, the fact is I run the largest bot farm on rs3 from a single rig that I've ever known of. If you think you can do better then post some screenshots. Which you won't because not only can you not do what I do, you don't even have an example of a larger farm. So.I reckon you can just keep your little elitist child attitude to yourself.
    My point is that there are a dozen of ppl on this forum with a similar build, and all of them will be able to run the same amount of bots. There is nothing that makes your build better at botting then any other average 'gaming' build. an i7 is not a bloody unicorn of a CPU. It is insanely comon...

Besides that, if you ditched some useless stuff in your build (k-series since you dont OC, z97 chipset since you dont OC, 860i, since you wont ever need more then 500w, aio cooler and noctua fans) it could have been quite a bit cheaper. It is a nice build, just not cost effective like you would expect from a botting server.

Sure I only run 12 accounts most of the time, I'm having some trouble sourcing more account currently.
    I never said I ran more then you, I just pointed out that you wont be the only one with a build like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Dont know where you are from but depending on your electricity bills you might want to check a cheap dedicated server

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

2600k i7
    1080gtx
    Old ass gigabyte mobo
    750w evga psu

only ever run 1/2 bots anyway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information