Thread: It's 6 am and im mad

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Default It's 6 am and im mad

It's 6 am and I am yet to fall asleep..

Didn't even feel remotely tired until 4 am.. then laid in bed awake for 2 hours

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

Try to hit your head really hard against a wall, it will solve your problem and many of our problems.
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

You don't feel tired because your body has gotten used to staying up late. Ignoring the time at which you go to bed, you might want to consider starting some sort of night time routine in the hopes of going to sleep faster http://www.wikihow.com/Have-a-Good-Bedtime-Routine

Quote Originally Posted by Frement View Post
    Try to hit your head really hard against a wall, it will solve your problem and many of our problems.
    #Frement4Admin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Stay up all night then you will fall asleep easier the following night.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

To reset your sleeping schedule,

You could do my routine: pull an all-nighter, and then the next night you will fall asleep fine at ~10pm.

Or.. you could do @Jason2gs; solution in response to my solution, and that is to go to bed at a normal time, and get up early.

EDIT: Nice ninja NoobNoob.

Also, #BanFrement5evr
    Last edited by Daniel; 02-05-2015 at 01:18 PM. Reason: ninja'd
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

My problem with staying awake the whole day is that I then choose to stay up the night too, and I end up in a very bad endless loop.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

My problem with staying awake the whole day is that I then choose to stay up the night too, and I end up in a very bad endless loop.
    Try and maintain that. Eventually you will be too tired one night.
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    The odds are that it's not a night. It's usually 4 PM when I come from work.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

The odds are that it's not a night. It's usually 4 PM when I come from work.
    Frement doesnt sleep.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    Frement doesnt sleep.
    This kills the Frement.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

To reset your sleeping schedule,

You could do my routine: pull an all-nighter, and then the next night you will fall asleep fine at ~10pm.

Or.. you could do @Jason2gs; solution in response to my solution, and that is to go to bed at a normal time, and get up early.

EDIT: Nice ninja NoobNoob.

Also, #BanFrement5evr
    exactly what I'm doing, though my eyes are a weird bloodshot red (not as in stoned red, as in it looks like 1 area of vessel is more red than the other if that makes sense).. gonna be a hard day to get through and I have class in 5 hours. Staying awake is going to be a struggle

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    exactly what I'm doing, though my eyes are a weird bloodshot red (not as in stoned red, as in it looks like 1 area of vessel is more red than the other if that makes sense).. gonna be a hard day to get through and I have class in 5 hours. Staying awake is going to be a struggle
    Also if you're actually interested in resetting your sleep cycle (like committed to developing a routine) I would recommend looking into melatonin supplements. It's naturally produced in your body when you are in the dark (ie in bed) but supplements of 1mg about 30 minutes before bed can work wonders on resetting your sleep cycle and helping you sleep better. As a side note, sometimes they make you have vivid dreams. Not necessarily good or bad, but something to look forward to if you like dreaming.

I am not a doctor. This is not a sleep pill. This is essentially a vitamin that increases a naturally present hormone(?) to help reset your sleep cycle and to help you sleep better. You can buy these at any pharmacy in the vitamin section. Results (personally) are not immediate, take them 30 minutes before bed for a week before deciding if they work or not. I've heard of people who took "Extra Strength" and felt extremely groggy after. Extra Strength can be up to 5-10mg which is why I recommend the 1 or 2mg. If it doesn't do anything at all, it's worth trying 2 at a time.

My girlfriend is an RN and they give up to 10mg to children at the hospital when they can't sleep so it's not like you'll die, you just might feel groggy in the morning.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    Also if you're actually interested in resetting your sleep cycle (like committed to developing a routine) I would recommend looking into melatonin supplements. It's naturally produced in your body when you are in the dark (ie in bed) but supplements of 1mg about 30 minutes before bed can work wonders on resetting your sleep cycle and helping you sleep better. As a side note, sometimes they make you have vivid dreams. Not necessarily good or bad, but something to look forward to if you like dreaming.

I am not a doctor. This is not a sleep pill. This is essentially a vitamin that increases a naturally present hormone(?) to help reset your sleep cycle and to help you sleep better. You can buy these at any pharmacy in the vitamin section. Results (personally) are not immediate, take them 30 minutes before bed for a week before deciding if they work or not. I've heard of people who took "Extra Strength" and felt extremely groggy after. Extra Strength can be up to 5-10mg which is why I recommend the 1 or 2mg. If it doesn't do anything at all, it's worth trying 2 at a time.

My girlfriend is an RN and they give up to 10mg to children at the hospital when they can't sleep so it's not like you'll die, you just might feel groggy in the morning.

Usually I take a benadryl or two, but I didn't have any last night

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Usually I take a benadryl or two, but I didn't have any last night
    Again, not a doctor, but I would suggest attempting this because benadryl is an actual medication, assuming you don't want to load your body with meds if you can avoid it. This helps your body develop a natural sleep pattern and get into a rhythm of sleeping when you want, rather than putting yourself to sleep with benadryl.

Edit: I'm biased, and obviously you can do whatever makes you happy. This is just my opinion.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    Again, not a doctor, but I would suggest attempting this because benadryl is an actual medication, assuming you don't want to load your body with meds if you can avoid it. This helps your body develop a natural sleep pattern and get into a rhythm of sleeping when you want, rather than putting yourself to sleep with benadryl.

Edit: I'm biased, and obviously you can do whatever makes you happy. This is just my opinion.
    Yea, I know. Getting used to taking a substance to fall asleep isn't a good habit to get into. I used to smoke, then go to bed 30 minutes later and pass out. Then when I took a break I found myself unable to fall asleep until 3-4 am for like 3 nights. Lol, so I stopped doing that.

I don't really like using benadyl to fall asleep, shouldn't really be increasing my tolerance to a drug that I'm going to need come pollen season

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Yea, I know. Getting used to taking a substance to fall asleep isn't a good habit to get into. I used to smoke, then go to bed 30 minutes later and pass out. Then when I took a break I found myself unable to fall asleep until 3-4 am for like 3 nights. Lol, so I stopped doing that.

I don't really like using benadyl to fall asleep, shouldn't really be increasing my tolerance to a drug that I'm going to need come pollen season
    This is what I was trying to get at. There's many other ways to try to make your body fall asleep on schedule (a few ideas were mentioned at the top of the thread I think). Melatonin is simply something that works for me and I know a few other people at work use it regularly. Hopefully you get back into the rhythm of things and sleep well tonight.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

I just sleep like 4 hours or less a night & then do my normal crap

works fine
    you might die though RIP in advance
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Thread Information