Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Botting SIMBA just brings a smile to my face.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Default Botting SIMBA just brings a smile to my face.

there's nothing better than using SIMBA. Everytime I open up my window and see the bot and knowing it is active and safe, i can't help but smile (and occasionally giggle). It's a great feeling. Thanks SRL for bringing me great joy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Glad you feel the same way I do

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

For me, seeing
    Code:
    Compiled in 3864 ms.
    is even more exciting than watching a bot run. But I agree with you as well, OP.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

I felt the exact same when I made the switch from Powerban to this site. Being accustomed to bot accounts being banned within hours of creation, I find the difference in quality to be phenomenal.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    For me, seeing
    Code:
    Compiled in 3864 ms.
    is even more exciting than watching a bot run. But I agree with you as well, OP.
    Isn't 3864ms really long?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    Isn't 3864ms really long?
    About four seconds, I just typed a random string of four numbers but three to five seconds is usually how long my scripts take to compile.

I'm unaware if this is long or not, it's always been this way so I have nothing to compare against. In how long do SRL-6 scripts compile for you?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

About four seconds, I just typed a random string of four numbers but three to five seconds is usually how long my scripts take to compile.

I'm unaware if this is long or not, it's always been this way so I have nothing to compare against. In how long do SRL-6 scripts compile for you?
    Just compiled clarity mud runes (the most complicated thing I have) in 1766ms

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

SRL will constantly be around and that is whats best about it. That is what powerbot/rsbuddy struggles at.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylastregret View Post
    SRL will constantly be around and that is whats best about it. That is what powerbot/rsbuddy struggles at.
    I don't think rsbuddy is going to be struggling to stay around, it's the most popular client on osrs (I believe even more popular than the official client)
    stats from one of their devs (ampersand, previously a powerbot admin) http://i.imgur.com/1I7nLSK.png

though you probably don't know that it hasn't been a botting client for a couple years now =p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Powerbot is in my own opinion a very bad botting choice, scripts are bad and they get you banned almost instantly.
    i thought it was going to be the same with simba in the begining before i got to understand it, but it workes wonders.
    i bot for the sake of botting, it's fun

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

For me, seeing
    Code:
    Compiled in 3864 ms.
    I feel this now. Though it's more like "wtf no this isn't right, I was expecting more errors"

not a gravedig, I swear, just bumping a quality thread =]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

What brings a smile to my face is waking up. moving the mouse to unfreeze screen and not seeing a login screen with username + password entered.

because that means ive been banned

:'(

edit: so far ive been through about 30 bonds. call me stupid, call me stubborn, I refuse to give in!.

20 more accounts ( 10 bonded ) before im all dried up again XD

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    I feel this now. Though it's more like "wtf no this isn't right, I was expecting more errors"

not a gravedig, I swear, just bumping a quality thread =]
    I get similar feelings, but if it compiles the first or second time, that generally means there's going to be several logic errors that I'm gonna have to dig out manually... a blessing and a curse aha.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lama View Post
    I get similar feelings, but if it compiles the first or second time, that generally means there's going to be several logic errors that I'm gonna have to dig out manually... a blessing and a curse aha.
    Oh, logic errors. If only the compiler could catch those for us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I feel the same way. After getting banned a couple of mains im happy to see that I can use SRL with little fear of being banned on my new "main"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crutchie View Post
    I feel the same way. After getting banned a couple of mains im happy to see that I can use SRL with little fear of being banned on my new "main"
    All of the scripts I've tested or written in the past 2 years have been used on my main that I have had for over 9 years... probably shouldn't, but... no problems so far. I actually don't do a whole lot of autoing in general, I just love writing them!

I should make a testing and writing account, but that means I have to get bonds and stuff since most of my work is p2p. 11mil for 14 days? Idk. I'm not exactly a goldfarmer.
    Last edited by Lama; 11-05-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    What brings a smile to my face is waking up. moving the mouse to unfreeze screen and not seeing a login screen with username + password entered.

because that means ive been banned

:'(

edit: so far ive been through about 30 bonds. call me stupid, call me stubborn, I refuse to give in!.

20 more accounts ( 10 bonded ) before im all dried up again XD
    ayyy wb, are you putting them (the p2p ones) all on abyss again? [iirc]

All of the scripts I've tested or written in the past 2 years have been used on my main that I have had for over 9 years... probably shouldn't, but... no problems so far. I actually don't do a whole lot of autoing in general, I just love writing them!

I should make a testing and writing account, but that means I have to get bonds and stuff since most of my work is p2p. 11mil for 14 days? Idk. I'm not exactly a goldfarmer.
    Even without purely focusing on goldfarming you can very easily get bond money back. I'd say make a goal of something like elf city, bot hard and if it makes it there then you take it slower and do things [more] cautiously.
    We should definitely talk some time on skype, I'll send you a friend req if that's alright with ya (you do have it on your profile but I do prefer to not add people randomly ^_^)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

ayyy wb, are you putting them (the p2p ones) all on abyss again? [iirc]
    what else can I do? I have ( had ) 24 accounts that were already bonded lol

been running past 30hours good so far.
    moving away from RC though, gearing towards PvM now.

Playing legit without a green cash stack was soo.. unbearable

slayer task -> oh~ i can use cannon.. OH WAIT can't afford cannonballs! U_U...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Even without purely focusing on goldfarming you can very easily get bond money back. I'd say make a goal of something like elf city, bot hard and if it makes it there then you take it slower and do things [more] cautiously.
    We should definitely talk some time on skype, I'll send you a friend req if that's alright with ya (you do have it on your profile but I do prefer to not add people randomly ^_^)
    Add me up, but I may not be around tonight, got work

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    what else can I do? I have ( had ) 24 accounts that were already bonded lol

been running past 30hours good so far.
    moving away from RC though, gearing towards PvM now.

Playing legit without a green cash stack was soo.. unbearable

slayer task -> oh~ i can use cannon.. OH WAIT can't afford cannonballs! U_U...
    pvm is a good move, diversifying doesn't necessarily mean moving away from rc nor even the abyss.
    If you wanna chat some time, what I pmed you the last time you got banwave'd still holds true =)

Add me up, but I may not be around tonight, got work
    Awesome. I'll be free all day tomorrow for some coding, along with a m8 or 2. also I should probs pm ya my skype name incase somebody else also adds you at the same time =p
    gonna be home in roughly 1 hour, will send req then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I am eager to learn to master the Simba. Glad to know they could perhaps can help a raw beginner
    Last edited by bpnoob; 01-07-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bpnoob View Post
    I am eager to learn to master the Simba. Glad to know they could perhaps can help a raw beginner
    'The Simba'; As if it's a wild beast. Needing to be tamed. Don't worry i still havn't mastered it =P

<------------------>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Well it could just be that your PC is slow, but your karajama fisher loads a 3000 line bitmap from string, why not use
    proggyBMP := loadBitmap(path) with an auto-downloader instead or include the png link in the script thread?

I'm pretty sure if you remove that Bitmap it would cut the compiling time in half.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comodo View Post
    Well it could just be that your PC is slow, but your karajama fisher loads a 3000 line bitmap from string, why not use
    proggyBMP := loadBitmap(path) with an auto-downloader instead or include the png link in the script thread?

I'm pretty sure if you remove that Bitmap it would cut the compiling time in half.
    You are entirely correct, back when I wrote that script I was ignorant of the proper ways to load large bitmaps.

After I finish my updater, getting rid of that nasty 3000-line BitmapFromString() call is going to be top priority!

Unfortunately I no longer have the original image so I will either have to recreate it, run the script and take a screenshot of it, or turn the string back into a bitmap.

I have not looked into how the last method would be accomplished, though it would be the cleanest way to get the image back.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 02-14-2016 at 03:08 AM.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

You are entirely correct, back when I wrote that script I was ignorant of the proper ways to load large bitmaps.

After I finish my updater, getting rid of that nasty 3000-line BitmapFromString() call is going to be top priority!

Unfortunately I no longer have the original image so I will either have to recreate it, run the script and take a screenshot of it, or turn the string back into a bitmap.

I have not looked into how the last method would be accomplished, though it would be the cleanest way to get the image back.

BitmapFromString(w, h, str);
    SaveBitmap(bmp, path);
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information