Thread: SCAR vs Simba?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Default SCAR vs Simba?

As someone who has returned to the scene after a rather long absence, I was under the impression Simba had fully replaced SCAR.

I now have stumbled upon the fact Freddy still develops SCAR Divi and has a fairly active community backing it.

Someone want to give me the quick facts as to what exactly happened there?

ITT: Macro gossip

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104584 - "Why do People hate Freddy1990" - a good and dramatic thread discussing people's opinions on why SCAR is gone and who is an asshole.
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76539 - "Goodbye" from Icefire (or Wanted, whichever name you prefer). A good long post about the differences between SCAR/Simba and documenting the drama from someone who left SRL for the SCAR community.
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66286 - "OSI - Official SCAR Include" - Developed by Icefire. Mentions Timer, another SRL -> SCAR convert who was really chill but apparently didn't play nice with everyone and was banned. This thread discusses a lot of random stuff too.
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101411 - "Question on SCAR" - A relatively newer (2013) post about SCAR from someone who was around a long time ago and missed the breakup - less detail than the above posts.
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61521 - "10 Years Later (A History of Botting)" by Benland. This was just as Simba was getting its footing and whatnot (before the dramatics really started).

That's all I found with a quick Google search, the first two will keep you busy for a couple hours if you read all the posts. Lots of detail in the first one honestly, I've read it before. It gets a little crazy.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

At the end of the day, it comes down to the fact SCAR wasn't open source.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

This community is about learning, to me. SCAR is anti-learning. Simba is free software, and as a result, open source. You can examine every piece in Simba, learn from it and improve it. You have the freedom to port it to Android, or run it on any machine you want. No restrictions (other than the GPL, which is unencumbrent on users).

When you use a proprietary program, you are a slave of the developer, he can impose on you whatever he wants. We wanted none of that, so we made Simba.

Also see: https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/FSF30-v...F_30_720p.webm

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

SCAR Divi =/= SCAR. "Divi" means "two" in a language which escapes me atm, and SCAR Divi isn't used for RS-related things anymore.

Hence the names, Scar and Simba from The Lion King

SCAR (not Divi) is utterly irrelevant anymore, for everything (I believe) but especially the purposes of RS cheating. I don't know what people use Divi for.
    I believe very early into OSRS's lifetime, the old SCAR includes (OSi, MSSL) could be used to auto, but OSRS has changed significantly since then and they're all broken again
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

scars community is pretty dead tbh
    besides that a couple years ago they had a few members roaming around these forums spreading lies about stuff and trying to snipe members from here to join them..
    they're all quite immature, and I do mean all, I don't like the stuff I've been sent and even PMed on here years ago and it took a while for them to finally realize they had gotten all the people who were going to "go with them"

a good example is one of them making a new account after being banned for a while
    https://villavu.com/forum/group.php?groupid=91

and making weird groups about it etc
    then getting banned again

iirc he came back with a random name and msged some people or that was someone else, don't care enough to remember
    Last edited by grats; 02-24-2015 at 09:54 PM.
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grats View Post
    besides that a couple years ago they had a few members roaming around these forums spreading lies about stuff and trying to snipe members from here to join them..
    they're all quite immature, and I do mean all, I don't like the stuff I've been sent and even PMed on here years ago and it took a while for them to finally realize they had gotten all the people who were going to "go with them"

a good example is one of them making a new account after being banned for a while
    https://villavu.com/forum/group.php?groupid=91

and making weird groups about it etc
    then getting banned again

iirc he came back with a random name and msged some people or that was someone else, don't care enough to remember
    Yeah, Icefire/Wanted "returned" a few months ago. He instantly tried to become friendly with me because he knew I remembered SCAR.

I asked a question about how SCAR used SHM to send data between instances and he was all over it, added me to his "Wanted Returns" group and everything
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Yeah, Icefire/Wanted "returned" a few months ago. He instantly tried to become friendly with me because he knew I remembered SCAR.

I asked a question about how SCAR used SHM to send data between instances and he was all over it, added me to his "Wanted Returns" group and everything
    damn you straight up cool with them thugs

a few of them have "returned" and caused lots of problems I remember
    I always just laugh so never really paid attention

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

SCAR is not being actively developed (at the moment). Development has been quiet the past year (more or less).

iirc, Wanted was the only one who was causing a disturbance (at that time).

There has been a few decent people over there the past years (and prob still are), myself included (lol)!
    Almost none of the people over there was acting very "immaturely" when I was active (from 2012 till 2015), well nothing out of the ordinary.
    Last edited by slacky; 02-24-2015 at 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104584 - "Why do People hate Freddy1990" - a good and dramatic thread discussing people's opinions on why SCAR is gone and who is an asshole.
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76539 - "Goodbye" from Icefire (or Wanted, whichever name you prefer). A good long post about the differences between SCAR/Simba and documenting the drama from someone who left SRL for the SCAR community.
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66286 - "OSI - Official SCAR Include" - Developed by Icefire. Mentions Timer, another SRL -> SCAR convert who was really chill but apparently didn't play nice with everyone and was banned. This thread discusses a lot of random stuff too.
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101411 - "Question on SCAR" - A relatively newer (2013) post about SCAR from someone who was around a long time ago and missed the breakup - less detail than the above posts.
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61521 - "10 Years Later (A History of Botting)" by Benland. This was just as Simba was getting its footing and whatnot (before the dramatics really started).

That's all I found with a quick Google search, the first two will keep you busy for a couple hours if you read all the posts. Lots of detail in the first one honestly, I've read it before. It gets a little crazy.
    Beauty looks like I have a lot of reading!

SCAR Divi =/= SCAR. "Divi" means "two" in a language which escapes me atm, and SCAR Divi isn't used for RS-related things anymore.

SCAR (not Divi) is utterly irrelevant anymore, for everything (I believe) but especially the purposes of RS cheating. I don't know what people use Divi for.
    I believe very early into OSRS's lifetime, the old SCAR includes (OSi, MSSL) could be used to auto, but OSRS has changed significantly since then and they're all broken again
    Lol I'm very aware that SCAR is not SCAR Divi, I was around when SCAR was still in its famous 2.03 revision, I lived through it all. Forgive me for not specifically sayign Divi, I figured everyone would know I clearly didn't mean the original. FYI: SCAR Divi is built off of SCAR's source code which was given to (IIRC) Sean by Katnieks and then later to Freddy. Also, SCAR Divi is still practically wholey designed (and as far as I know still functional) for RS.......

EDIT:

I remember IceFire, he was a jackass. Worked with him on some project in the past...can't seem to figure out what it was. Maybe KYAB? Either way, never liked the kid.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    I remember IceFire, he was a jackass. Worked with him on some project in the past...can't seem to figure out what it was. Maybe KYAB? Either way, never liked the kid.
    I feel like a lot of the people who stayed with SCAR were also pretty involved with KYAB when it was a thing. I really can't remember much from then though, I must have repressed the memories

I vaguely remember IceFire as being really talented. Didn't think he was any more of an asshole than the rest of us (when most of SRL was in their mid-teens) but when I read his posts from when he quit, he didn't handle it too well and it's a shame.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    I feel like a lot of the people who stayed with SCAR were also pretty involved with KYAB when it was a thing. I really can't remember much from then though, I must have repressed the memories

I vaguely remember IceFire as being really talented. Didn't think he was any more of an asshole than the rest of us (when most of SRL was in their mid-teens) but when I read his posts from when he quit, he didn't handle it too well and it's a shame.
    KYAB was a joke. StarBlaster (once again, i think?) was the one who wanted me to dev it, so I wrote a lot of the underlying framework. I don't think I ever even registered on the forums though, which turned out to just be a mess and run by people who were being banned left-right-and-center at other communities. Seemed like a breeding ground for slime. I distanced myself from the project pretty quick.

After reading a lot of the community posts you shared, it seems more an instance of immaturity between IceFire and Timer that caused everything, and not so much issues between Wizzup/Freddy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

KYAB was a joke. StarBlaster (once again, i think?) was the one who wanted me to dev it, so I wrote a lot of the underlying framework. I don't think I ever even registered on the forums though, which turned out to just be a mess and run by people who were being banned left-right-and-center at other communities. Seemed like a breeding ground for slime. I distanced myself from the project pretty quick.

After reading a lot of the community posts you shared, it seems more an instance of immaturity between IceFire and Timer that caused everything, and not so much issues between Wizzup/Freddy.
    Yeah I remember being there and getting out pretty quick too. It was around that time that SMART came out anyway I think so there was no point. StarBlaster sounds like a familiar name anyway, so much nostalgia haha.

Also, yeah there was never really anything between 'owners' in my understanding. It was members of each community making lots of loud noises publicly that caused most of the scene.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    SCAR is not being actively developed (at the moment). Development has been quiet the past year (more or less).

iirc, Wanted was the only one who was causing a disturbance (at that time).

There has been a few decent people over there the past years (and prob still are), myself included (lol)!
    Almost none of the people over there was acting very "immaturely" when I was active (from 2012 till 2015), well nothing out of the ordinary.
    You're not a person over there only though
    I've had a few of them pm me and msg me "leave simba it sucks blah blah blah"

there's the two names I couldn't remember

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

"yes, you can use SCAR for rs. you just have to change a few things. namely how it deals with matching bitmaps"

~tons of love from your local neighborhood seb

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

StarBlaster (once again, i think?)
    SolarWind**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

omg i never even thought about SCAR they are both from lion king haha learn something new everyday huh i have scripted with both programs but found SCAR was easier to figure out how to find bitmaps but i now know how to do it with simba as well

Thread Information