Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Native Americans reservations can now legalize marijuana

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Default Native Americans reservations can now legalize marijuana

http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/...e-dollar-signs

Even in states were marijuana is still illegal.

I think it was kind of funny.. Native American reservations are already a heaven for cheap tobacco and legal gambling (and not those borderline legal slot machines at convenience stores)

Too bad most federal reservations are in states were it's basically legal or legal within 2-4 years.

* not sure if state reservations can legalize

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

I have no idea where I'd be in my life if it weren't for mind altering drugs haha, marijuana pulled me out of a vicious depression years ago.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Well, I guess it's time for me to micraculously discover my long-lost Native American ancestry...
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Well, I guess it's time for me to micraculously discover my long-lost Native American ancestry...
    Or yeah know, move to Colorado, Washington, or any of the states that have legalized for recreational use.

Or come to Canada, were nicer and have better pot

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    Or yeah know, move to Colorado, Washington, or any of the states that have legalized for recreational use.

Or come to Canada, were nicer and have better pot
    Or Alaska, Oregon, or Washington DC

Or 10+ other states by 2016 unless we get a red president

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Hehe I think most reservations allow outsiders, the others I hear will stare down outsiders

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    Or Alaska, Oregon, or Washington DC

Or 10+ other states by 2016 unless we get a red president

Hehe I think most reservations allow outsiders, the others I hear will stare down outsiders
    Alaska just made sense. Organized crime was raping that place, with retardedly inflated prices. Legalization around the world has had a HUGE impact on organized crime. It was their main source of income beforehand.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Alaska just made sense. Organized crime was raping that place, with retardedly inflated prices. Legalization around the world has had a HUGE impact on organized crime. It was their main source of income beforehand.
    Bahah a lot of villages in Alaska are still dry though, and like hardcore dry. They can't even possess alcohol

Supposedly it works, and I wouldn't be surprised if it worked for small villages where everybody knows what everybody and they're mom is doing.

Fun fact, technically marijuana has been "legal" in Alaska since 1975. "In Alaska, cannabis was decidedly legal (under state, but not federal, law) for in-home, personal use under the Ravin v. State ruling of 1975. This ruling allowed up to two ounces (57 g) of cannabis and cultivation of fewer than 25 plants for these purposes. A 1991 voter ballot initiative re-criminalized marijuana possession, but when that law was eventually challenged in 2004, the Alaska courts upheld the Ravin ruling, saying the popular vote could not trump the state constitution."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Bahah a lot of villages in Alaska are still dry though, and like hardcore dry. They can't even possess alcohol

Supposedly it works, and I wouldn't be surprised if it worked for small villages where everybody knows what everybody and they're mom is doing.

Fun fact, technically marijuana has been "legal" in Alaska since 1975. "In Alaska, cannabis was decidedly legal (under state, but not federal, law) for in-home, personal use under the Ravin v. State ruling of 1975. This ruling allowed up to two ounces (57 g) of cannabis and cultivation of fewer than 25 plants for these purposes. A 1991 voter ballot initiative re-criminalized marijuana possession, but when that law was eventually challenged in 2004, the Alaska courts upheld the Ravin ruling, saying the popular vote could not trump the state constitution."
    If it takes you 25 plants to grow 57g you're doing it wrong.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

If it takes you 25 plants to grow 57g you're doing it wrong.
    Lol, it's like if you could legally brew up to 100 liters of homemade beer but are only allowed to possess 5 liters. I wish these 'you can only possess up to X ounces or else your going to jail' regulations would just stop. The only reason they exist is because the general public/politicians thinks "OMG QUARTER POUND OF MARIJUANA = [insert 3 figure cash number here] = DRUG DEALER = VIOLENT PERSON"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Lol, it's like if you could legally brew up to 100 liters of homemade beer but are only allowed to possess 5 liters. I wish these 'you can only possess up to X ounces or else your going to jail' regulations would just stop. The only reason they exist is because the general public/politicians thinks "OMG QUARTER POUND OF MARIJUANA = [insert 3 figure cash number here] = DRUG DEALER = VIOLENT PERSON"
    The whole violent offender issue period when it comes to drugs is ridiculous. People should not be charged for doing drugs, they should be charged if they do somethign while under the influence.

I don't support the use of heroin at all for example, but if somebody shoots up and doesn't do anything why should they be charged? People should be allowed to choose to put whatever they want into THEIR body. If someone shoots up then beats up their wife, they should be charged with assault.

The other point you bring up is excellent. A qp where I am from costs about $600 for the dankest dank (your skywalker kush, grandaddy purp etc) or $450 for the regular stuff. Cops automatically assume every gram is worth $10, so they assign a value of $1120 for a qp....even though its not actually worth anything near that due to bulk price discounts.

I feel bad for you being in america simply due to your privatized prison system. Literally you have some of the biggest corporations in your country, making money off people being incarcerated. When your government WANTS people in prison, terrible things happen, like the 98,200 inmates (51% of the federal prison population) imprisoned for non violent drug offenses in the US right now.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

The whole violent offender issue period when it comes to drugs is ridiculous. People should not be charged for doing drugs, they should be charged if they do somethign while under the influence.

I don't support the use of heroin at all for example, but if somebody shoots up and doesn't do anything why should they be charged? People should be allowed to choose to put whatever they want into THEIR body. If someone shoots up then beats up their wife, they should be charged with assault.

The other point you bring up is excellent. A qp where I am from costs about $600 for the dankest dank (your skywalker kush, grandaddy purp etc) or $450 for the regular stuff. Cops automatically assume every gram is worth $10, so they assign a value of $1120 for a qp....even though its not actually worth anything near that due to bulk price discounts.

I feel bad for you being in america simply due to your privatized prison system. Literally you have some of the biggest corporations in your country, making money off people being incarcerated. When your government WANTS people in prison, terrible things happen, like the 98,200 inmates (51% of the federal prison population) imprisoned for non violent drug offenses in the US right now.
    Not to mention how dangerous it is to take unknown drugs in unknown quantities. It's sad the number of people that think they're taking mainstream 'safe' (when I say safe I mean if the user is educated on the expected results, what the dosage should be, what the risks are, and if the drug is in fact the drug it is supposed to be and nothing else) drugs like LSD and MDMA.

I cringe every time I hear someone say they had legit LSD because it was bitter or had some other type of taste, because as someone who has never even taken LSD I know that if it's bitter, or has any taste at all than it's not F****** LSD lmao. These are usually the type of people that make no attempt to educate themselves on what they are taking, and wonder why they had a disturbing trip and ended up in the hospital.

Every time I hear someone give bad drug advice, I try to put in my $0.02 without looking like a dick if what they are saying is completely retarded and get a person harmed. I would post some of the retarded things I have heard people say but we are getting too far off topic

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

In the space of a year, rjj turned into the biggest drug addict!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    In the space of a year, rjj turned into the biggest drug addict!
    Experimentation isn't necessarily a bad thing. In my teens I tried just about everything except the crazy shit like heroin, crack or meth. Or the shit thats impossible to find here like 2CB etc.

Its normal for people to want to experiment, you just need to be really careful when you're trying anything thats strongly physically addictive. Like cocaine for example, I have lots of friends who "experimented" with it and have now lost everything.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Experimentation isn't necessarily a bad thing. In my teens I tried just about everything except the crazy shit like heroin, crack or meth. Or the shit thats impossible to find here like 2CB etc.

Its normal for people to want to experiment, you just need to be really careful when you're trying anything thats strongly physically addictive. Like cocaine for example, I have lots of friends who "experimented" with it and have now lost everything.
    Lol don't listen to Olly, I have only smoked weed, drank, and smoke cigarettes.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

I don't do any of them... My life must be boring...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Ayyy that's all I do now too!

Not at all, everyone has the things that make life enjoyable for them. For a lot of people, thats weed and liquor haha, but not everyone

E:

This thread is officially derailed from the looks of things lol.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Straw man argument.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

They should just legalize it everywhere. Alaska just legalized recreational use a couple days ago.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sekirei View Post
    They should just legalize it everywhere. Alaska just legalized recreational use a couple days ago.
    It'll be a cold day in hell before any of the bible belt states legalize it . I wouldn't be surprised, though, if we did see cannabis legalized in said states before gay marriage XD

It's not gay if it's efficient.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Lmao! Yea that is true but at least we can keep hoping and maybe one day it will come true :P

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taric View Post
    It'll be a cold day in hell before any of the bible belt states legalize it . I wouldn't be surprised, though, if we did see cannabis legalized in said states before gay marriage XD
    I think bible states will eventually legalize it, it's not hard to convince a republican why it should be legal (it terms in arguing points). They can't disagree with you without completely having inconsistent logic:

* Government waste - The DEA's job is to enforce drug laws and control illegal drugs right? Considering they seize a VERY small faction of illegal drugs... I'd say its one of the more 'wasteful' government programs in how efficient they really are
    * Person responsibility - If you think the government shouldn't be responsible for providing food stamps to people then why should they be responsible for making sure you don't use drugs?
    * Big government - Think of how many government workers are hired (police officers etc etc) only to fight the war on drugs
    * If you believe that the government couldn't control guns if they were banned on the black market - then how the hell do you think they are going to be able to control a plant?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

The only problem I see is that government corruption makes them money and if they legalized it all that potential profit would diminish drastically as a result.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

I think bible states will eventually legalize it, it's not hard to convince a republican why it should be legal (it terms in arguing points). They can't disagree with you without completely having inconsistent logic:

* Government waste - The DEA's job is to enforce drug laws and control illegal drugs right? Considering they seize a VERY small faction of illegal drugs... I'd say its one of the more 'wasteful' government programs in how efficient they really are
    * Person responsibility - If you think the government shouldn't be responsible for providing food stamps to people then why should they be responsible for making sure you don't use drugs?
    * Big government - Think of how many government workers are hired (police officers etc etc) only to fight the war on drugs
    * If you believe that the government couldn't control guns if they were banned on the black market - then how the hell do you think they are going to be able to control a plant?
    I think you're describing libertarians and fiscal conservatives, not social conservatives. While there can be a lot of overlap, I think there are still many social conservatives in the US that are very strongly against recreational drug use.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    I think you're describing libertarians and fiscal conservatives, not social conservatives. While there can be a lot of overlap, I think there are still many social conservatives in the US that are very strongly against recreational drug use.
    Im describing why you would think a social conservative would be against marijuana regulation

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Im enough indian to where i could claim it. If i ever decide to smoke the stuff this will come in handy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information