Thread: Artisan Workshop [Re-Release]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Default Artisan Workshop [Re-Release]

Artisan's Workshop Script!

Here is the re-released Artisan Workshop Script, as promised! However, I still have a ton of ideas to improve the script and I will continue to work on it.

Features

-Antiban during the Smithing Process
    -Capable of doing Iron --> Rune bars
    -User can select Ingot grade from I -- > III. (This needs to be done in game, withdraw an inventory of the grade, the put the bars back, it should stay the same.)
    -Starts each load based on what the "Current Instructions" are.
    -100% DTM based.

Instructions!
    -Before starting, please put ore into the machine at the workshop. It can hold 4,000 Iron, Mithril, Adamant, and Rune ore as well as 8,000 Coal.
    -Download The Script below and the map. (Map may or may not be needed currently, I will be working to add in a banking feature.)
    -Start script at the Artisan's Workshop near the anvils.
    -The compass MUST be point north, and you must have the highest angle possible.
    -Fill out the player form. (I don't believe the "Loads to Do" and "Time to Run" boxes work appropriately. As well as the Direct-X button.)
    -Report bugs, give feedback for improvement.

Features To Come

-Fail safes (using SPS map)
    -Banking if appropriate ore is not found in smelter
    -Ability to switch between instructions during the inventory for 10-15% xp bonus
    -Painted Progress Report!
    -Auto-Updating

(No time line for this, I'm learning everything as I go, and am always bothering people for help! Thanks all who help )

Changes already made for Upcoming Version
    -Added in link for the "help" button on the player form to send player back to this thread.

This is definitely a BETA version. I want to make this script top notch and will try my best to implement new ideas, right now I am focused on stability of the script and with implementing
    the above features. I am also working on another script and am a busy senior in college, please be patient.

ArtisanAndBank.png goes into /Simba/Includes/SPS/img/runescape_other
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cbrems; 03-07-2015 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Changes made to next version

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

@GRIM here is an updated version of the script! It is capable of doing higher bars (rune is not tested, only 85 smithing) but it seems to be all in order. If you want a higher tier than "I" you can select it before starting the script, withdraw from the machine and it should stay at the same tier!

@MasterXehanort I released a new script, it contains your anvilDTM, the logic behind switching what we make based on Suak and the antiban idea!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

I'm beyond stoked to try this.
    Buying some ores right now and going to test.
    Are you aware of the xp rates for I II or III?

edit

@cbrems
    Seems to have trouble starting up.
    I've done as your instructions have said.
    The image is in the correct folder.
    i'm facing north and all ores are in the machine.
    It doesn't start making them so I selected what to make(manually), it finished and deposited the armours fine then withdrawled more ignots and then got stuck without seeming like it knew what to do next. I haven't looked into your code at all but is your script selecting smith on the anvils?
    im a retard

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GRIM View Post

edit

@cbrems
    It doesn't start making them so I selected what to make(manually), it finished and deposited the armours fine then withdrawled more ignots and then got stuck without seeming like it knew what to do next. I haven't looked into your code at all but is your script selecting smith on the anvils?
    I'm really sorry It sounds like it's a DTM issue more than likely. The machine and anvils don't have black surrounding them so I had some troubles making those DTMs. You could give it another try by hopping worlds, maybe that would work??

Could you clarify what the issue is again? It wont click on the machine or it wont click the anvil? There is most definitely code to click the anvils

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I've been trying to write a color version of this but it's been a nightmare haha the colors keep changing and it's driving me nuts and the anvil is damn near impossible to find

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ignorant View Post
    I've been trying to write a color version of this but it's been a nightmare haha the colors keep changing and it's driving me nuts and the anvil is damn near impossible to find
    I agree, the color situation is awful and it's only for the anvil and machine part. I'm going to switch from DTM to finding the colors of the bars on the machine and probably arrays on the anvil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GRIM View Post

edit

@cbrems

I am having the same problem. I tried to make my own DTMs to see if that was the issue but it didn't seem to solve anything.

When I start the script next to the machine it closes the inventory screen, reopen it, and then sits there. If you manually click the machine, it will hit the smelt button for you, then continue sitting there. Then, if you click the anvil, it thinks that it is in the machine again, and hits the smith button, thinking that it is getting bars, then goes back to sitting there.

I tried to go through your code and put in some debug messages, but it didn't seem to work, it's probably getting stuck some where that I missed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    I am having the same problem. I tried to make my own DTMs to see if that was the issue but it didn't seem to solve anything.

When I start the script next to the machine it closes the inventory screen, reopen it, and then sits there. If you manually click the machine, it will hit the smelt button for you, then continue sitting there. Then, if you click the anvil, it thinks that it is in the machine again, and hits the smith button, thinking that it is getting bars, then goes back to sitting there.

I tried to go through your code and put in some debug messages, but it didn't seem to work, it's probably getting stuck some where that I missed.
    I'm sorry to hear you're having issues!!
    Thank you so much for the feedback, I hope to work on this on Monday or early next week and release it soon after!

EDIT: Due to today's (3/16) update, I will take a little more time releasing the script because it seems I have three options due to the force log out being 23 hours.
    1. I need to include a way to detect there are no more ores left, then bank and deposit the ore.
    2. Make a way to time out after player inputs a number of hours to run.
    3. Force log out/terminate when there are no more ores.

I'm probably currently leaning to #3 , unless someone can detail to me how I can detect when the machine is out of ore (I can handle the banking process :P) When I'm able to release the next version expect an auto-updater, a fix to the issue described above, and maybe even a paint!
    Last edited by cbrems; 03-16-2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Response to 3.16 logout update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

it never seems to work.. never sees the anvil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Maybe it is possible to just leave all your ore noted in your inventory and then once it's getting low or after a defined period/when the script starts/reboots it can try to deposit more ore. At the most keeping them noted in your inventory will only take up 2 spaces... Iron (1) or coal and whatever else (2).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cbrems View Post

I'm probably currently leaning to #3 , unless someone can detail to me how I can detect when the machine is out of ore (I can handle the banking process :P)
    If you know it requires 1 Iron ore to make 1 Iron Ingot I for example then could you not use that as detection?

1) Player enters how much ores they have in inventory. Store in a const like - PLAYER_ORES
    2) Work out how many ingots they can create from PLAYER_ORES and store value in a global variable like "mathsIngots"
    3) Deposit ores in the smelter
    4) Withdraw ingots and update a variable "ingotsCreated" by taking 26/27 (2 free slots for coal + ore or 1 free slot if just ore) away from "mathsIngots".
    5) "mathsIngots" - "ingotsCreated" = "runningIngots" (a new variable to store a running balance of ingots left to be made until it hits 0)
    6) when runningIngots = 0 deposit ores in the smelter again.

The only issue with using this is you can only deposit 8000 coal and 4000 metal ores at a time. So when depositing ores that require more than 2 coal per metal ore I'd suggest only depositing enough metal ore that covers the 8000 coal.

So you'd deposit 1000 runite ore with 8000 coal for example. Does that make sense? I'd write the code but I'm on my phone right now. If you need a hand PM me otherwise I might forget

ALSO: You can use noted ore on the Artisan workshop so you don't need to worry about banking

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Outdated. I plan to rework this and produce a reliable version with different functionality (banking if empty, different ingot grades / types of bars).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Outdated. I plan to rework this and produce a reliable version with different functionality (banking if empty, different ingot grades / types of bars).
    Will this be in time for the winter weekend featuring the artisan workshop?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie99 View Post
    Will this be in time for the winter weekend featuring the artisan workshop?
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...hlight=artisan - you can download this script mate. Same thing I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwikiwi View Post
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...hlight=artisan - you can download this script mate. Same thing I believe.
    Oh yeah lmao didn't see that. Cheers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie99 View Post
    Oh yeah lmao didn't see that. Cheers
    You're welcome - next time do a search in the top left corner of the page All the best mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

does this still work?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yomj View Post
    does this still work?
    ayy looks like you have stopped spamming
    Yes this works pretty well, the core logic anyways, it just needs DTMs to be updated to your situation.

If you don't know anything about DTMs, I would recommend checking out this guide https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107757
    If you wanna skip straight to just DTMs, you'll be searching for this area

Modify it a bit more (e.g failsafes) and add your own unique antiban and boom great script. Nice job btw @cbrems;

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

I was never able to perfect the DTM's which was very frusterating. Sorry!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

I was never able to perfect the DTM's which was very frusterating. Sorry!
    Have you heard about the big mining & smithing rework?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

No - my main got hacked of about a bill and I lost motivation to go indepth with scripting :\

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

No - my main got hacked of about a bill and I lost motivation to go indepth with scripting :\
    Ah man, I can see how that'd be a lil depressing however... it's s not the end of the world, not even close. If you do want some help starting back up and/or some very motivational words, feel free to hmu with a pm =)

Thread Information