Thread: How does Jagex find and ban bots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Default How does Jagex find and ban bots?

So I was just curious because I spent countless hours botting on my old main in Old School and it never got banned until I set my fishing bot off and fell asleep (LOL) woke up and I was banned. (That was about a year ago)

Just recently got back into OSRS and started botting on my level 72 account, it was a member, and it got banned within the day. Has jagex got some super anti bot now or something?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bessworth View Post
    So I was just curious because I spent countless hours botting on my old main in Old School and it never got banned until I set my fishing bot off and fell asleep (LOL) woke up and I was banned. (That was about a year ago)

Just recently got back into OSRS and started botting on my level 72 account, it was a member, and it got banned within the day. Has jagex got some super anti bot now or something?

If jagex wants to ban you they can make up any reason, sometimes they dont need a reason to. You should ask yourself does jagex loves you or hates?

If it hates then try doing something different than you used to. For example before double xp weekend before last big ban wave i thanked jagex in ban appeals and now constantly doing so for letting me run accounts so long before bans because its beneficial to all of us.

If you constantly insulting jagex it can make up reason and ban you. Sometimes they just are so pissed up that ban every accout you used in your computer no matter if it was months ago or you did actually botted. Sometimes they troll you to a such level as happened recently to one my friend who got banwave on all his accounts lately, so started new, made fresh account, got 29 hunting and before started actually bot got banned ingame live action haha...even through i was rofling i feel sorry for him, but such actions of jagex are just hilarious. Aparently jagex was mad because before banwave he runned like more than half a year that farm without bans.

About their system, i think they can pretty much detect any bot within like 10k cycles/trips whatever but thats also random and have no idea why, some bots running same script survives 5days some 6 months and still botting, but average is around 3-4 weeks atleast for me. Well if babysitting it might be way longer lifetime because most of the time bots were somewhat stuck in loops or whole shift on certain pc was lost cause one of whole shift got stuck. And all in all i tend to lose shifts, for example whole night shift, or whole day shift (have 4 shifts). Seems maybe they scan(maybe manual banning) heavily at some places at certain times and you in a wrong place at a wrong time then gg. Also getting some rare but random bans of 1 acc, but thats probably script messed up. When runned less bots used to film screen and found out like close to 100% bans were cause of script failures. Like 10 minutes messing up for example at seeing game update sign is enough in rs3,last time bots didnt recognized and didnt logged out update sign whole shift got banned, even through they all terminated within 10 mins. Also was accidients with updates 2months ago where srl incude login() used to click wrong button, got huge ban wave by then 11/12acc imediately 12th after 2 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Surely that cant be true I don't think a company as big as Jagex would ban people to troll them or if they are upset? Lol I mean surely they have a structured ban strategy.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Q. How does Jagex find and ban bots?
    We ofc don't know exactly how do they do it, otherwise we'd react accordingly and they would then also change up what they're doing to react to our reaction

Q. Has jagex got some super anti bot now or something?
    Jagex has definitely stepped up their macroing detection

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Only Jagex knows how Jagex bans bots.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Jagex's antiban has been beefed up a ton.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NickWord View Post
    Jagex's antiban has been beefed up a ton.
    Not really, I bot pretty much 24/7 to test scripts and I've never been banned - These are usually pretty buggy with minimal antiban too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davi View Post
    Not really, I bot pretty much 24/7 to test scripts and I've never been banned - These are usually pretty buggy with minimal antiban too.
    Are you serious? Are these fresh accounts? Ive found that their antiban has been pretty solid lately.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NickWord View Post
    Are you serious? Are these fresh accounts? Ive found that their antiban has been pretty solid lately.
    I have one account only which I have botted on from day 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I have one account only which I have botted on from day 1.
    oh thats why

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

They also seem to be able to defect certain bot clients, got banned in 5 minutes while using an other client.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I've fished/woodcutted for 4+ hours at a time on my main account, usually while babysitting, i don't know how jagex's bot detection works but I've been assuming its based off of: Time Played/Times Reported/Previous Offenses/Client Detectability(as in stupid injection methods or no anti-ban).

I really have no idea though, I'll be testing out jagex's bot banning system with a couple things I have in mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Wouldn't exactly know how they control it seeing I only got banned once on an account that I left on for 24hrs+ cooking. All my other accounts are still in my hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

All we can do is guessing Just try to avoid reports by players, since this is also the way how Blizzard bans people

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

The biggest thing that seems to keep an account alive in my book is... here it comes!! is doing quests. even my member accounts get banned unless they have quest points.

<------------------>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Well doing quest would kinda proof that a human is playing instead of a bot...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

they have 1 dude who watches everyone that plays at once and has an iv of cocaine
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

obviously yes! lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

I got a 2 day ban for "Bot busting moderate" after using reflection pretty heavily for the last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

I got a 2 day ban for "Bot busting moderate" after using reflection pretty heavily for the last week.
    was this on SIMBA? & what were you botting? What lvl acc, etc.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The GP King View Post
    was this on SIMBA? & what were you botting? What lvl acc, etc.
    This is a somewhat old post to be commenting on. Please refrain from commenting on older posts where possible, thank you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimxxdeath223 View Post
    This is a somewhat old post to be commenting on. Please refrain from commenting on older posts where possible, thank you.

Backseat Moderating:
    If you see something that breaks the rules, please report the post by pressing the little triangle on the left side of a post. Please do not chastise or reprimand other users. We have able and competent staff who will handle the situation accordingly.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAmaGz View Post
    Backseat Moderating:
    If you see something that breaks the rules, please report the post by pressing the little triangle on the left side of a post. Please do not chastise or reprimand other users. We have able and competent staff who will handle the situation accordingly.
    Good to know. My response was only made because many others before me have made the same remarks to others the same exact way as I. No need to chastise those who need not be chastised. Kthx.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimxxdeath223 View Post
    Good to know. My response was only made because many others before me have made the same remarks to others the same exact way as I. No need to chastise those who need not be chastised. Kthx.
    And they should read the rules just like everyone else. Just because everyone else does it doesnt mean you need to follow in their footsteps.

Regardless im not here to flame you by any means, Just a friendly reminder.

kthx.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

From personal experience, I belive it's mostly based on client, botting time and bot type (Injection, reflection or color).
    Injection has gotten me an almost instant ban. Reflection with SMART has gotten me a ban after a week or so. Color with OSBuddy has never gotten me a ban in about 2 years of regular botting but if I were to bot 24/7 I believe I would get banned.
    Anyway, nobody knows for sure how bans work.

Thread Information