Thread: Need some help with checking location

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Default Need some help with checking location

I need my script to check if it is where it should be. I'm in a building, the minimap shows the building surrounded by black (color 0), I've tried checking the minimap for that colour or for a DTM and that hasn't been accurate. There are no symbols here, which makes it tougher.

It doesn't need to be a complex function, just needs to reliably determine whether I'm in this room, instead of at my spawn or my house or whatever, preferably from the minimap. I'll add a pic.

Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 11.51.59.png

Any ideas?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Check for distance to NPCs/that they are around you rather than only on one side? I realize this will change as you kill them, but... Thats really all i can think of (besides using SPS/etc.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    Check for distance to NPCs/that they are around you rather than only on one side? I realize this will change as you kill them, but... Thats really all i can think of (besides using SPS/etc.
    Yes. This is Melzar's maze, meaning that npcs will never spawn outside of the room op is located in. So if npc is found within 5-10 points of the player, assume true.

Also possible: get a tpa of the black minimap background, perform some operations on it such as color counts and you can tell if you're on a 2nd/3rd floor

However, why not just use SPS?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Thread Information