Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Client

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Further discussion that I've read around the web suggests that they will be transitioning to a situation where the client/RS app is downloaded in full onto your computer, like WoW. The old competitive edge of being "playable in browser anywhere" doesn't seem as relevant given 2015's storage space capacities and internet download speeds - does this mean they could employ PunkBuster/Valve Anti-Cheat style BotWatch, and simply scan our systems for known files and file types?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Further discussion that I've read around the web suggests that they will be transitioning to a situation where the client/RS app is downloaded in full onto your computer, like WoW. The old competitive edge of being "playable in browser anywhere" doesn't seem as relevant given 2015's storage space capacities and internet download speeds - does this mean they could employ PunkBuster/Valve Anti-Cheat style BotWatch, and simply scan our systems for known files and file types?
    Technically, they can already do that.

Just get ready for the ToS update that says they're allowed to.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Yes, they can do it already. Java works as a backdoor. Someone correct me if I am wrong, I think Java application has even more privilages in your system than anything written in c++, few years ago antiviruses were mostly helpless to malwares written in Java.

If they change client to c++ then color-based bots should work anyway, our only concern will be to make minimizable client simulating keyboard/mouse input, as a last resort one could use VM.
    Last edited by bg5; 04-06-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I think the graphics are stuff look really cool, & im sure coders can come up with some way-around if one's needed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg5 View Post
    Yes, they can do it already. Java works as a backdoor. Someone correct me if I am wrong, I think Java application has even more privilages in your system than anything written in c++, few years ago antiviruses were mostly helpless to malwares written in Java.

If they change client to c++ then color-based bots should work anyway, our only concern will be to make minimizable client simulating keyboard/mouse input, as a last resort one could use VM.
    Don't quote me on this, but I think the way the java security manager works through applets prevents access to certain OS level operations. Generally OS level operations in java are performed using some form of JNI wrapper (whether that be C, C++, C# etc.).

This would definitely be possible in C++ however. Don't know how it would go down from a legal point of view though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

via JNI's ,we can still code in java.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

My honest opinion, I've used bots in Battlefield 2 which was not Java at all. Like anything else well adapt and develope something that meets the new expectations of their client.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

New teaser:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXImumi6M10

For those of you who missed out on the great talk earlier on today, I'll quickly cover the new RuneScape game client. It's a great new way of playing RuneScape, offering you a more reliable experience with shorter loading times, and graphics far better than ever before.

This one will be accessible by everyone using the current Java client and our extensive testing will mean it's at least as fast as - but probably far quicker than - your current experience. You'll get bigger draw distances, better lighting, shadows, and water, culminating in a far deeper, more immersive RuneScape experience.
    The talk:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoV2tOW_J9I

I don't have much time so I quickly skipped through it.
    18:40 mentions HTML5, new codebase can export to something that runs in the browser. But the technology is not good enough yet.
    And the Java client will eventually be deprecated.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

It might be difficult, but the colors would still be the same or similar, so that wouldn't be a problem, right?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenfoot911 View Post
    It might be difficult, but the colors would still be the same or similar, so that wouldn't be a problem, right?
    Well, even if the colors are similar it can still mean objects will not be detected properly. The ID's generated by the OpenGL/DirectX hook will also change. But I doubt that the NXT client will immediately replace the Java client. It will be interesting to see how SRL will adapt

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

forgive me for being a possible dumbass when I say this, but doesnt the current simba run off colors found on screen? since it's using the official client ( I think?? )

i've had instances where my script would completely die when i'm stuck on a black loading screen because it couldn't find colours.

with that being said, wouldn't simba technically be able to run on the new client minus SMART

// end being a possible dumbass

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    forgive me for being a possible dumbass when I say this, but doesnt the current simba run off colors found on screen? since it's using the official client ( I think?? )

i've had instances where my script would completely die when i'm stuck on a black loading screen because it couldn't find colours.

with that being said, wouldn't simba technically be able to run on the new client minus SMART

// end being a possible dumbass
    Yes, of course! If a human can see the game, so can Simba This is why SRL usually has an activity surge post-major game changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

You can manually change any smart script that is not OpenGL into a browser script as well so its not a problem from the angle of updating scripts either, correct me if I'm wrong of course :P

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxs View Post
    You can manually change any smart script that is not OpenGL into a browser script as well so its not a problem from the angle of updating scripts either, correct me if I'm wrong of course :P
    Yes, but the game mechanics will change and coordinates etc. will likely be outdated. Colors will also change, which means a big part of the script will need to be updated. But yes, you can just target the new client and start botting straight away. However a lot of the functions aren't going to be working upon the release.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxs View Post

Ask @Clarity; about GLX with the browser. ;-).

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg5 View Post

I realize this is a year too late, but considering this has now been dug back up...

Java has a SecurityManager as Richard says. It actually restricts much access at all. Java is not a backdoor in anyway, its actually quite the opposite. Any malware written in Java would be some very poor malware.

Yes they can do it already, but that is because they have introduced native link libraries on our systems. Thereby making C++ the issue, not Java.

Back on topic, this is just a front end guys. The game itself is written in Java and will remain that way AFAIK.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    This is just a front end guys. The game itself is written in Java and will remain that way AFAIK.

No. The entire engine is rewritten in C++ and the game will NOT remain in Java. They said this in one of their twitch videos. Java will stay around until they make a smooth transition (fix bugs in the C++ client as they are discovered). Jagex has said they will be scrapping Java completely as they do not want to maintain two different code-bases.

IIRC: http://www.twitch.tv/runescape/v/31297246 is the video.
    Last edited by Brandon; 01-20-2016 at 03:05 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Looks epic, can't wait to try it out hopefully it runs good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Agreed, looks amazing and i think the new improved graphics might even attract some newer players who thought that runescape was just some plain old browser game.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

https://www.twitch.tv/runescape/v/36402467

NXT Sneak Peek #2 and Invention Stream

Can't wait to play on this client, it looks great.
    FYI, beta access is open to those with membership since Jan 2012 OR Gold VIP membership.
    Looks amazing! I haven't been a member for over 4 years in a row nor purchased Gold VIP Membership thus I can't try the beta.
    I barely play RuneScape 3 anyways! Jagex has done an impressive job with the NXT Client.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

I've been paying for my RS membs since 2011, so I'll try and get the beta and see how it is. I really like the NXT client, it looks so much faster and better than their current one.
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

I seriously don't get all the hype. Doesn't look that much better than highest settings now, honestly. Better draw distance for those who play with their cameras below 20 degrees for some reason.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

all thats left is to enable wasd and we have a perfect game which will actually make me play legit!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    all thats left is to enable wasd and we have a perfect game which will actually make me play legit!
    you mean for moving? Otherwise it already exists..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information