Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenGL - A Beginner's Scripting Tutorial

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

So I have noticed when doing

mouse.click(ogl.getClientMidPoint().closest(exampl e)[0].randomizePointEllipse(15));
    It does in fact find objects, it DOES NOT find the closest and on occassion it will try clicking through interfaces to do so resulting in it getting hung up. Is there something to do about this outside of adding in something to detect the multiple different interfaces it "might" open and then adding a rotatecamera so it can hopefully successfully click?

Also I get Error: Access violation
    Execution failed.
    The following bitmaps were not freed: [0]
    fairly frequently know what that's all about? Sometimes it crashes simba, sometimes I just need to hit play 3-4 times til it goes through.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post

mouse.click(ogl.getClientMidPoint().closest(exampl e)[0].randomizePointEllipse(15));
    It does in fact find objects, it DOES NOT find the closest and on occassion it will try clicking through interfaces to do so resulting in it getting hung up. Is there something to do about this outside of adding in something to detect the multiple different interfaces it "might" open and then adding a rotatecamera so it can hopefully successfully click?

Execution failed.
    fairly frequently know what that's all about? Sometimes it crashes simba, sometimes I just need to hit play 3-4 times til it goes through.
    TPoint.isBehindInterface()

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

writeLn(example.Indexes()' ');
    I know myself and @renzanity; are having issues with this, we've tested trees, birds, fishing locations and more and even though there are clearly multiple models, it is only printing out that there is 1. Anyone know why this is?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

4 indexes: [{ID = 1731643360, TID = 180, X = 383, Y = 175}, {ID = 1731643360, TID = 180, X = 708, Y = 139}, {ID = 547053328, TID = 175, X = 554, Y = 102}, {ID = 617765920, TID = 186, X = 839, Y = 186}]
    Mine is working fine.

What happens if you try:
    Simba Code:
    writeLN(example.indexes(),' indexes: ',example);

Keep in mind that while trees and monsters might look identical, some can have different IDs.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Mine is working fine.

What happens if you try:
    Simba Code:

Keep in mind that while trees and monsters might look identical, some can have different IDs.
    Will try that out when I get home from work, Now that you mention having different IDs that could just be it...It's hard to find the IDs on trees as it puts the Tree and stump model on top of each other so you have to decipher through the debug lines and hope you get it right..

Also I've been looking through the library and saw there was a SRL compatibility, is this what we should use to login? I was seeing some code regarding login but not quite sure how/if to use that. Yes, I saw you guys didn't want to spoonfeed so if needed just ignore this last part.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Zoom in as far as you can, so that they're some of the only few models on screen. It's easy to tell if it's the correct ID by copying a writeLN(ogl.getModels()) and comparing coordinates. .

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Zoom in as far as you can, so that they're some of the only few models on screen. It's easy to tell if it's the correct ID by copying a writeLN(ogl.getModels()) and comparing coordinates. .
    Yeah, I do zoom in, they're still literally on top of eachother, I'll do a search for the coordinates though! Thanks!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Well yeah, they'll be ontop of each other, but it narrows the amount of results returned by ogl.getModels() by like 10000000%. :P.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Mine is working fine.

What happens if you try:
    Simba Code:

Indexes.jpg
    Tested on all the locations I had mentioned earlier as well and they still only show 1. Although, I did check out troll brutes and those showed up perfectly. Not sure why...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Well, that's rather curious - mind adding me on Skype?

Edit: Figured it out over TeamViewer - I'm retarded. Will have a fix out soon. Is only the ogl.getModels(uInt32) function and some texture functions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Well, that's rather curious - mind adding me on Skype?

Edit: Figured it out over TeamViewer - I'm retarded. Will have a fix out soon. Is only the ogl.getModels(uInt32) function and some texture functions.
    Can you expand on this a bit? I'm having a similar issue and I'm not sure I understand what you did to resolve your issue...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Update. I had OGL.getModels(uInt32) break after the first result because it was originally OGL.getModel(uInt32)... And forgot to change it back.

Y'all gotta keep an eye on the development thread - we post every update and fix.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Hi everyone, some people have pointed out compiling errors - they are due to ogLib being updated after this tutorial post - I'll edit the first post shortly with the appropriate changes.

For example, .isBehindInterface() was replaced with the more helpful, superior getVisible(), amongst other changes.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you take a look at the development thread, you will see we post every small change or addition promptly after pushing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

It does in fact find objects, it DOES NOT find the closest....

Execution failed.
    I'm having the same issues as you, sometimes I will get access violations when just trying to compile but they will go away after hitting F9 a bunch or if I quickly target the simba window after enabling and disabling smart. But I am also having problems where closest function is not clicking on the closest object in the array.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brotein View Post
    I'm having the same issues as you, sometimes I will get access violations when just trying to compile but they will go away after hitting F9 a bunch or if I quickly target the simba window after enabling and disabling smart. But I am also having problems where closest function is not clicking on the closest object in the array.
    If you look back at this check the date, I'm gonna edit it as soon as I can (at work)

Ultimately though the access violation is out of our control. Simba will crash sometimes in which case relaunching the script will solve it, sometimes though you will HAVE to close out of SMART then run the script again, login and then go from there. Annoying, but you'll get used to it and get in the habit of correcting it quickly.

As for finding the closest object ensure you have the latest ogLib.

Simba Code:
    var
    funcModelArray:glModelArray;
    funcPointArray:tPointArray;
    funcPointArrayIndex:uInt32=0;
    begin
      if length(funcModelArray:=ogl.getModels(NPC)) then
        begin
          funcPointArray:=ogl.getClientMidPoint().closest(funcModelArray);
          for funcPointArrayIndex to high(funcPointArray) do
            begin
              if not funcPointArray[funcPointArrayIndex].isVisible() then
                begin
              //(0,-40)the offset of clicking opposed to clicking at the base of the model       Pickpocket is your right-click option    mouse.rightClickOption(funcPointArray[funcPointArrayIndex].adjustPosition(0,-40).randomizePointEllipse(20),'Pickpocket');
                  break;
                end
              else if funcPointArrayIndex=high(funcPointArray) then
                mainScreen.setDegrees(normalRandom(0,360),normalRandom(0,50));
            end;
        end;            
    end;
    Last edited by Clutch; 04-16-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brotein View Post
    I'm having the same issues as you, sometimes I will get access violations when just trying to compile but they will go away after hitting F9 a bunch or if I quickly target the simba window after enabling and disabling smart.
    Another vote for constantly battling access violations - is this happening for everybody or is there something specific to my setup that's causing this?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falloutboy12 View Post
    Another vote for constantly battling access violations - is this happening for everybody or is there something specific to my setup that's causing this?
    See my post above, it's out of everyone's control at this point and time, I posted some of the fixes though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

See my post above, it's out of everyone's control at this point and time, I posted some of the fixes though.
    OK, I can just sit it out for a while but I just want to make sure you understand where I am right now.

I have the easiest of scripts written to simply find an openGL model and writeln that model. I can see the model ID there on the smart debug but I've never gotten it to output anything. It will either write an empty array or just crash with access violation. This seems worse than what others are experiencing but I've recently replaced some components in my system and reinstalled the OS so I'm trying to make sure that what I'm experiencing is right - it doesn't seem right to me...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

OK, I can just sit it out for a while but I just want to make sure you understand where I am right now.

I have the easiest of scripts written to simply find an openGL model and writeln that model. I can see the model ID there on the smart debug but I've never gotten it to output anything. It will either write an empty array or just crash with access violation. This seems worse than what others are experiencing but I've recently replaced some components in my system and reinstalled the OS so I'm trying to make sure that what I'm experiencing is right - it doesn't seem right to me...
    I can TV in and take a look when I get home if you'd like. Just shoot me a PM and we'll discuss further.

Otherwise, could you clarify on it writing an empty array? Are you talking when you do writeln(ogl.getDebug(); ?
    Although again, the access violation is..to my understanding specific to OGL, I wouldn't hold your breath on a fix for that like I mentioned though, it's easily corrected and will be second nature on quickly fixing it.
    Last edited by Clutch; 04-16-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I can TV in and take a look when I get home if you'd like. Just shoot me a PM and we'll discuss further.

Otherwise, could you clarify on it writing an empty array? Are you talking when you do writeln(ogl.getDebug(); ?
    Although again, the access violation is..to my understanding specific to OGL, I wouldn't hold your breath on a fix for that like I mentioned though, it's easily corrected and will be second nature on quickly fixing it.
    Thanks for the offer - I'll be offline for about 9 hours then I'll try catch you. I can't even get it to output an empty array anymore it's just all access violations but when it was working before it was the result of writeln(ogl.getModels(12...67)) that was never returning anything...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Thanks for the offer - I'll be offline for about 9 hours then I'll try catch you. I can't even get it to output an empty array anymore it's just all access violations but when it was working before it was the result of writeln(ogl.getModels(12...67)) that was never returning anything...
    I'll be home from work then, will be awaiting a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Hey are there some examples to use sps in some sort of way with opengl? Or is there another walking method for this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

this happens all too often

Compiled successfully in 7004 ms.
    Paired with SMART[2388]
    Error: Access violation
    Execution failed.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

After running the script once, hooking a SMART window, ccomment out glxMapHooks() in core.simba.

You will see a fix for this - as it drives me freaking insane whe writing ogLib.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Im trying out OGL right now.
    Finally got it working, except for the insanely fast mouse movements. It doesnt seem to be fighting the trolls. I had to comment out Camera rotation since it was rotating 45 degree in opposite directions spontaneously. Also had to comment out the fighting troll part since its not exactly working.

Will work more on it update:P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fimmy Jallon is here ! Lets get Fimmy!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information