Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: OpenGL - A Beginner's Scripting Tutorial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Update ProSocks
    Thank you kind sir, now I feel dumb I was struggling to figure out what I did wrong and it was so simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitac View Post
    The "Attachment 26861" for automatic installation is invalid.

Thanks, @Hitac; I'll have a look when I get home from work.
    Just in case you forgot it's still broken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Doesn't the exported function "SMARTPluginInit" in OpenGL32.dll raise detection issues?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sup m8 View Post
    Doesn't the exported function "SMARTPluginInit" in OpenGL32.dll raise detection issues?
    @Brandon; would know more about this than I would. I was under the impression the plugin only exported functions from the original.
    Last edited by Clarity; 06-06-2016 at 04:57 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Can't for the life of me grab the reticule ID for monsters. Tried the ID tool and ogl.getModels();

Doublechecked to see if I have the reticule setting turned on and it is. I can grab any ID fine, but the reticule one does not get printed in the debug. Tested to see if I can grab the reticule ID for troll brutes used in the OP, can't find it eventhough I kill a couple of trolls forcing the reticule to pop. The script works fine at troll brutes so I don't think anything is outdated.

Any ideas?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    Can't for the life of me grab the reticule ID for monsters. Tried the ID tool and ogl.getModels();

Doublechecked to see if I have the reticule setting turned on and it is. I can grab any ID fine, but the reticule one does not get printed in the debug. Tested to see if I can grab the reticule ID for troll brutes used in the OP, can't find it eventhough I kill a couple of trolls forcing the reticule to pop. The script works fine at troll brutes so I don't think anything is outdated.

Any ideas?
    Just use his as IDs are mostly universal.
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srlMW View Post
    Just use his as IDs are mostly universal.
    I later realized that target reticules is the red circle, not the box above the NPCs... I think I was a little bit too excited when attempting to get my first script going + I was sleep deprived.

I appreciate the response though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Great guide. Very nice of you to take the time to create this!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

I later realized that target reticules is the red circle, not the box above the NPCs... I think I was a little bit too excited when attempting to get my first script going + I was sleep deprived.

I appreciate the response though
    Simba Code:
    function tCombat.hasTarget():boolean;
      var
        funcPointer:pointer;
        funcPointerSize:uInt32=0;
      begin
        funcPointer:=glTextures(funcPointerSize)+(36*(funcPointerSize-1));
        if funcPointer<>nil then
          for 0 to funcPointerSize div 3 do
            begin
              if (funcPointer^=14280) and ((funcPointer-216)^=7750) then
                begin
                  result:=true;
                  break;
                end;
              funcPointer:=funcPointer-36;
            end;
        exit(result);
      end;

This is already built in. I believe it looks for the lock icon on the box that appears above the NPCS. If memory serves correct, it has to be unlocked. (Don't take this for fact I'm going off memory from long ago)

Edit: Also for your reference, that NPC Box would be picked up as a texture which is why it is not appearing under models.
    Last edited by Clutch; 07-04-2016 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Simba Code:
    function tCombat.hasTarget():boolean;
      var
        funcPointer:pointer;
        funcPointerSize:uInt32=0;
      begin
        funcPointer:=glTextures(funcPointerSize)+(36*(funcPointerSize-1));
        if funcPointer<>nil then
          for 0 to funcPointerSize div 3 do
            begin
              if (funcPointer^=14280) and ((funcPointer-216)^=7750) then
                begin
                  result:=true;
                  break;
                end;
              funcPointer:=funcPointer-36;
            end;
        exit(result);
      end;

This is already built in. I believe it looks for the lock icon on the box that appears above the NPCS. If memory serves correct, it has to be unlocked. (Don't take this for fact I'm going off memory from long ago)

Edit: Also for your reference, that NPC Box would be picked up as a texture which is why it is not appearing under models.
    The issue I'm running into with combat.hasTarget is that it will try to click on dying monsters. I haven't been able to write/figure out a smart solution for that yet. Could use a timer of course but would rather have a snappy script that switches to a new monster as soon as the one you have killed as some death animations can be really slow.

But you are right about the box being a texture rather than a model, rookie mistakes

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

The ProSocks link in the OP needs updating. Still links to v0.3.
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    The ProSocks link in the OP needs updating. Still links to v0.3.
    Fixed! Thanks. .

The issue I'm running into with combat.hasTarget is that it will try to click on dying monsters.
    You could store your current target's coordinates. If combat.hasTarget() changes, find make sure the new monster has a new X,Y.
    Last edited by Obscurity; 07-05-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

Just a small error in the OP that I noticed while reading through. In step 9 of part 5 there is this line in the script sample;

if trollBrutes.isEmpty() or clientCenter.closest(trollBrutes)[0].isVisible() then

Shouldn't it be "or not"?

Also, is there a reason why in SMART I am unable to switch from DX to OGL? (I used the example script in step 11 to spawn SMART.)
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Hi @Solar;

Make sure your OpenGL plugins are up to date. Also, if it's an issue with the client crashing and sometimes just refusing to enter OpenGL mode, check this out and tell me if it's relevant.
    @Clarity;, check out the Step 9, Part 5 thing. :P.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

Hi @Solar;

Make sure your OpenGL plugins are up to date. Also, if it's an issue with the client crashing and sometimes just refusing to enter OpenGL mode, check this out and tell me if it's relevant.
    @Clarity;, check out the Step 9, Part 5 thing. :P.
    Unfortunately that doesn't seem relevant for me. (I'm on quite an old desktop.)
    I tried using the browser and can at least get OGL in FireFox, although even this needed me to change drivers.
    I have re-downloaded the plugins using the links in the OP of this thread, so they should be up-to-date.

And I have tried deleting the jagex cache folder.
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Tried reinstalling Simba/running as administrator, Solar? Pretty weird issue.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

Always run Simba as admin and I haven't reinstalled SMART or Simba.
    I'm just going to give up here. Spent too much time on it now.
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Is it possible to use SRL-6 and OGL in the same script? I was thinking of something more combat related - it'd be easier to get NPC models versus unique colors.

Edit: @Clarity; - Spammer came in so I figured nobody would see this. Thoughts on the above?

I was thinking of working on a slayer script for example. From what I'm reading on the forums walking with OGL is based off static x, y positions (I haven't tried OGL yet so I may be wrong) and doesn't compare color which I presume would make it inferior to SPS - specifically during a long walk to a task.
    Last edited by BlitzKrieger; 12-20-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzKrieger View Post
    Is it possible to use SRL-6 and OGL in the same script? I was thinking of something more combat related - it'd be easier to get NPC models versus unique colors.

Edit: @Clarity; - Spammer came in so I figured nobody would see this. Thoughts on the above?

I was thinking of working on a slayer script for example. From what I'm reading on the forums walking with OGL is based off static x, y positions (I haven't tried OGL yet so I may be wrong) and doesn't compare color which I presume would make it inferior to SPS - specifically during a long walk to a task.
    I think it's possible

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzKrieger View Post

Hi Blitz,
    Apologies for the late reply, you likely have found the answer to your question by now.
    You can use both includes together via the following code at the top of the script:

Simba Code:
    {$DEFINE SRLCOMPATIBILITY}
    {$i SRL-6/SRL.simba}
    {$i SPS/lib/SPS-RS3.Simba}
    {$i ogLib/lib/core/core.Simba}

Others may disagree with me but I have found SPS to be unreliable, limited, and buggy. I believe it has gotten worse ever since the minimap became more shaded/textured (compare current RS3 minimaps to current OSRS minimaps to see what I mean). Perhaps I have just grown accustomed to using OGL walking for everything. I have used OGL walking for extremely long walks across the game world without issues. As long as you have an understanding of how/when the X/Y coordinates change, e.g. how the grid resets every time a new map square is loaded, you should have no problem

OGL walking is also wonderful for making sure you have reached a very specific tile destination. For instance, the tile a player ends up in after completing an agility obstacle has a set X, Y coordinate depending on where the script starts. Similarly, the player ends up somewhere else if they fail the obstacle, so you could easily figure that out.

Simba Code:
    if minimap.getLocalPosition().equals(point(34, 64)) then
      agilityObstacleComplete := true;

While I know you aren't trying to do an agility script, this can be used for plenty of other things, I've used local position checks frequently in PvM/bossing scripts due to their simplicity.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wamekolysu View Post
    It's hard to find the IDs on trees as it puts the Tree and stump model on top of each other so you have to decipher through the debug lines and hope you get it right..
    Alternatively you can compare model searches with the tree visible and chopped down, and see which ID is missing in the latter scan.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information