Thread: [Java] Beginner Java Video Tutorials

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Default [Java] Beginner Java Video Tutorials

Hello!

A while ago I wanted to learn programming, but I didn't know where to start. One of the places that I had started was with Java. I had followed some tutorials on Youtube that came in handy! I would like to share those videos with anyone who is a beginner and knows very little about Java.

You can find the videos by clicking HERE!

You will be taken to Youtube and the Playlist should start.

Please note that everyone programs in a slightly different way compared to other people. If you learned something in a different way, or have preferences, do not worry. Go about it as you wish.

If you have any problems with the video or link, please let me know!

Enjoy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Do you know of any java tutorials for those familiar with programming but want to learn the syntax and capabilities of the language? Thanks for the post

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myke View Post
    Do you know of any java tutorials for those familiar with programming but want to learn the syntax and capabilities of the language? Thanks for the post
    With the videos that I posted, they get more complicated as you go on. I would recommend looking into the Parts. He also has a little series of Making Snake in Java. Those might help you out, but other than that, I don't have anything else. I just used a lot of Youtube.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myke View Post
    What prior languages are your familiar with? Syntactically, it's very similar to the C family of languages, wouldn't take you more than a day to become well acquainted with it.

Official Oracle tutorials can help you get up to speed, understanding primitives, object hierarchy etc.

A few basic things to learn about Java that might not be well covered in tutorials: all objects are references, the JVM makes everything reasonably high level, so directly accessing system resources is hard/impossible without the JNI.

I'm not the most experienced Java programmer, but feel free to throw me a PM if you ever have questions.

Thread Information