Thread: A few question (cliche title, I know)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Default A few question (cliche title, I know)

Hello
    I just made my account today, and I hope I will manage to learn a lot from all of you. But for now I require assistance from more experienced botters and programmers, since they see things differently than I do, as I lack experience. I'm a very much novice, and please take note I'm doing my best on reading all the available info, but it's simply too much for me. Also, this discussion is about RS3, I prefer it more over OSRS.

Firstly, I'll present my goal. It's to have a maxed out character, especially in combat, from scratch. Not looking for optimums, but for clean, almost powergaming way to amp up my character and then proceed to have fun with it. I'm not looking to amassing mass riches or making real money off the game. Just the exp, and material ingame necessities.
    Since exp and gold not necessarily go in pair, I am willing to have one to three gold making accounts, but ONLY, and ONLY if it's HIGHLY unlikely to affect my main in any way, which is one of the reasons I make this topic. But since gold making is only a supplement to my main goal, it's not a high priority.

I had made and prepared a fresh account, using one of the three emails I hold dear to me. Since I had botted quite a bit using RSBot and PowerBot in the past, several years back, I had downloaded PowerBot and autoed a bit here and there, an hour on the cows, an hour on the chickens, etc. to the 30 melee skills. But then I'd read how Jagex amped up the security, and now I sit pretty woried about this account, as I already got into the mood of my character.

1. I'm looking for input on how delayed can bans be. Assuming PowerBot is highly detectable, even just logging in my char was enough to flag me, and possibly a ban will come in a week or two. Should I make a new account, and therefore sadly make a fresh email account, or can I feel more safe? That also extends to further gameplay down the road, where possibly I could have more "intense" botting periods, and those when I'd reduce botting to minimum.

2.I'd repeatedly read IP bans don't occur, and I'd on occasion read they happen when IP's get flagged as "goldfarmer". The IP question is important to the case of my making a few gold makers, as I do have more than one computer in my house, but I can only run the goldmakers on one. So can I, for example, have 3 SMART clients run in my background with goldmakers, a original RS client with Simba exping up my main, and then every now and then I start up another computer (and therefore a different HWID), transfer cash to the mule that's logged on that particular computer, and then transfer it to main. Or should there be drop trading?
    2a)Can I somehow be HWID or IP flagged as a offender, and have the bot detection system permanently giving me higher priority, even when making a fresh account?

The reason for this I want my main to be as safe as possible, and only get as much as possible with as little risk as possible from separate gold makers.

3.I'm understanding SMART client allows multiple chars to run, but since it's not an official client it's extra detectable because of that. Using Simba to work on a normal RS client I'd heard works better. Should I obsess over it, or can my main have lenience? Moreover I'd heard about using Virtual Machines to have multiple official RS clients running, and each of them having a separate Simba running. That would be interesting too, but I fear it might be too much resource intensive, as my computer is pretty old.

I have intent to learn programming and sooner or later make my own scripts, whether fully automated or semi. (I think botting sessions can be intercalared with normal gameplay, or having a script that has a different patterns to choose from, so it doesn't "work" as efficiently or in the same manner repeatedly)

Finally, I'd considered that maxing up a character is pretty far goal. Should I make more than one "main", bot them all, and then, finally, take the one that went the longest way without offence? I'd rather avoid that.

I'm really looking forward to any input, especially when backed up with facts and real experiences. Please help me know how to achieve my goal, maybe not as quickly but as safely as possible.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Krzysztof; 04-09-2015 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

I'm doing something pretty similar to what you described. I have a main that I made a few months ago and a bunch of other accounts that pretty much just generate cash, but I pretty much only use one of them.
    IMO the safest way to bot is with your own scripts. I had 5 accounts banned within a couple weeks using public scripts and botting for reasonable periods of time. I've been using my own scripts for a few months, botting 12-20 hours a day without any bans. My scripts aren't well-written at all, and I've made stupid mistakes with them, but so far none of them have led to a ban.
    If you're running multiple bots on one computer and one of them gets caught, they will likely all be banned. When I lost 5 accounts, three had been left on overnight, and 2 others had been running earlier that day. All 5 accounts were using different scripts.
    I wouldn't run your main with any other accounts at the same time on the same computer if you want to be really safe.

That's my $0.02 anyway.

Thread Information