Thread: Has your legit acc ever been banned?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default Has your legit acc ever been banned?

Hi guys,

So basically I was wondering if it was possible to bot on 1 client, and play on my main (legit) in another client, without risking a ban on my main acc?

Feel free to share your knowledge and personal experiences!

Thanks friends

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

never had trouble with it.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

What legit account?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I was once banned on (now) RS3 long before the EoC was ever released. I remember reporting an auto-alcher who was in my friend's house. He in return reported me out of spite and I was banned the following day for "Macroing", and before you ask I was not; the account had never been botted on. That is the precise moment I lost all faith in their report system.

It happens, and I could care less what they say, they absolutely do make mistakes.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

I did this for over a month on OSRS. Had my main on OSBuddy and my other acc on the Smart client. No issues. As soon as I added a second bot... *boom*, the two accounts were banned. But the main remains unbanned.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

I played on my main no too long ago, around November/December time. The account received a permanent major macroing ban. The account had literally gained membership a week prior, and it has been 100% legitimate. Getting it unbanned was an absolute nightmare, the customer support was atrocious. Their attitude is that their banning method is flawless. Took almost a week until a JMod finally looked into it and realised the false positive.

The community were awesome, obviously there was the odd few who just accused me of botting, but one guy went to extreme lengths to try and disprove botwatch. Even a couple of PMods and FMods helped!

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I played on my main no too long ago, around November/December time. The account received a permanent major macroing ban. The account had literally gained membership a week prior, and it has been 100% legitimate. Getting it unbanned was an absolute nightmare, the customer support was atrocious. Their attitude is that their banning method is flawless. Took almost a week until a JMod finally looked into it and realised the false positive.

The community were awesome, obviously there was the odd few who just accused me of botting, but one guy went to extreme lengths to try and disprove botwatch. Even a couple of PMods and FMods helped!
    Did this happen in RS3 or Oldschool RS? Also, was it a staff member from the RS3 moderators or the ORSR moderators?

Current projects:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Did this happen in RS3 or Oldschool RS? Also, was it a staff member from the RS3 moderators or the ORSR moderators?
    RS3, it was an RS3 JMod. I was just extremely lucky that my thread got popular.

Some pics:
    Removed due to identifiability

major ban.png

Interesting point on the last image, it used to say quashed next to it, and my ban meter used to have a few pixels filed in from prior offences, but they completely removed everything!
    Last edited by Richard; 04-14-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Glad to hear they took the time to review it more carefully, but like you said had you not spoken up I'm sure they'd have never given it another thought.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Never been banned to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

I have been botting on my new main since 2005, maxed out and I've used various bots. Mainly Nexus. I miss those bots so efficient. Never banned or even warned, just botted smart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I've been botting for a few years and never had trouble

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Possible through chain bans I guess, however once my main did get banned as I logged in through a bot client (never even started a script and had no intentions to). Was my mistake but I highly doubt that account will ever be unbanned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I never had a problem with that, I do believe it's possible though if a lot of people for some reason report your main as I believe jagex bases their bans a bit on reports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

My brother was banned on DMM legit account that he made just for the mode, I was banned on my alt, it seems impossible to get un-banned even if you were not botting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

I had something kind of similar, I had botted on the account at the inception of it (did not think it would be my main), and after not botting on it thereafter (I had been 2 day banned and did not wish to risk it) I NMZ the account to max melee before the nerf and did plenty of other things. Next thing I know I got Perma'd months after they had given me my temp ban and I had not botted.

They don't even bother looking at what you say unless you are a streamer or get upvotes on social media sites etc. it is absolutely ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Last year I came back to OSRS and had not been playing for 2 years. I ran the first bot I found on google (dreambot) and got banned.
    My main was gone but I surpassed it in 1 month with my new main

Heres why I believe I got banned:

Dreambot = free
    free script
    f2p yews
    ran for days in a row / no breaks.
    No actions other than woodcutting.

My ban was pretty obvious now I look back at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s4357299 View Post
    Hi guys,

So basically I was wondering if it was possible to bot on 1 client, and play on my main (legit) in another client, without risking a ban on my main acc?

Feel free to share your knowledge and personal experiences!

Thanks friends

definately, i got a perm ban for lowalching + tele mage training thats all i done on the account and got perm banned???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

The Chance of a Chain Ban is veryvery small i doubt you'll get chained so take the risk bro ive personally botted countless accounts no issue

Thread Information