Thread: I surrender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Unhappy I surrender

Just needed to bitch and whine somewhere where everyone will politely look the other way while I have my little tantrum.

I just realized why I never publish any scripts. I get frustrated and pissed off and throw the damn thing out and never publish it.

Currently writing (yet another) private script for my own use. Figured I would post it once I'm finished with it. Have it (or so I thought) to the point it is running quite nicely so just need to tidy it up, add breaking, player management, etc.

Testing it on two "machines". Running it on a laptop with Windows 8.1. On the same laptop I have a Windows 7 virtual machine. Actually three. Have another Windows 8.1 vm as well. At home on my home internet it runs flawlessly for hours and hours on end on every "machine".

I take that same laptop to work (ssh don't tell anyone) and run it on the same laptop and same virtual machines. The internet connection at work is actually faster/more stable than my home internet so it should fly. On the virtual machines it runs flawlessly as always. On the host laptop it runs for a minute or two then craps out. Can't find the colors on the screen it is looking for. AutocolorAid says the colors are fine. Yet nothing works. Check the in game settings. Everything looks normal.

I give up. Yet another script that will never see the light of day because I cbf to release it only to have a bunch of people whining it doesn't work for them. I mean seriously how the Hell do you debug something like that.
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bixby Sayz View Post
    Just needed to bitch and whine somewhere where everyone will politely look the other way while I have my little tantrum.

I just realized why I never publish any scripts. I get frustrated and pissed off and throw the damn thing out and never publish it.

Currently writing (yet another) private script for my own use. Figured I would post it once I'm finished with it. Have it (or so I thought) to the point it is running quite nicely so just need to tidy it up, add breaking, player management, etc.

Testing it on two "machines". Running it on a laptop with Windows 8.1. On the same laptop I have a Windows 7 virtual machine. Actually three. Have another Windows 8.1 vm as well. At home on my home internet it runs flawlessly for hours and hours on end on every "machine".

I take that same laptop to work (ssh don't tell anyone) and run it on the same laptop and same virtual machines. The internet connection at work is actually faster/more stable than my home internet so it should fly. On the virtual machines it runs flawlessly as always. On the host laptop it runs for a minute or two then craps out. Can't find the colors on the screen it is looking for. AutocolorAid says the colors are fine. Yet nothing works. Check the in game settings. Everything looks normal.

I give up. Yet another script that will never see the light of day because I cbf to release it only to have a bunch of people whining it doesn't work for them. I mean seriously how the Hell do you debug something like that.
    Hang in there m8! i haven't released any scripts either and been wanting too, i just never feel i get them to a proper level (worried about ruining methods, getting ppl banned and stuff).

your problem is really weird though, have you triple-checked everything? directx, drivers, java, settings? maybe you could post the script in first scripts and have people test it on their machines?
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bixby Sayz View Post
    how the Hell do you debug something like that.
    Simba Code:
    smartImage.drawTpa(someTpa);
    smartImage.drawAtpa(someAtpa);

?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

It's usually a good idea to increase the tolerance that ACA gives you by 2-3, to allow for differences like these across users. You also may be grabbing too few distributions of colors (for some ACA profiles I gather colors across 10-20 clients/login sessions). If you want to get down to the bottom of the issue, try getting the exact color values for these pixels in question, and comparing them? This can be as simple as:
    Simba Code:
    writeln(getColor(x, y))
    With x and y being the coordinates of the color value you want to capture.

I'm sorry you're feeling down about scripting, since scripting is supposed to be fun! I do remember I had a lot of frustration when I was learning for the first time, but it sounds like this is a recurring problem, aka a single problem. I'm confident once this is figured out, you'll be back in action in no time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Yeah I also do increase the tolerance a bit. And these particular colors have been fine tuned over the course of 3-6 months and 100+ samplings.

My point was weird shit seems to always happen to me. Woe is me. Boo hoo hoo.
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

shame on clarity for not plugging the competition here. tsk tsk

you could check out opengl as an alternative to color. you can use this competition as a directory + motivation, if you're interested in checking it out that is. you seem pretty keen on learning, just hang in there (your surrender is denied, sorry soldier).
    Last edited by acow; 04-22-2015 at 03:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Started to check out OpenGL but (here we go again) got odd behavior on my machine. The samples/scripts seem to run fine except for the code to find the ids. Which is sorta important. Busy as Hell IRL so didn't muck with it much. Looks super interesting though.

I may revisit when it becomes able to co-exist with SRL. Combine the strengths of each in a script. I can see potential there.

Thread Information